FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Enable Podcast directory in Marketplace (in markets without prior support)

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By morbital, Junior Member on 6th March 2013, 03:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been searching for a solution to this problem for awhile now, and I finally found one. Using Windows Phone Device Manager I was peering through the files on the phone and found 3 xml files that hold the key to adding podcasts to markets that do not have support already.

These two xml files are located in the \My Documents\Zune\PimentoCache\Keepers folder

Downloaded_TunerConfig.xml
LKG_TunerConfig.xml

And the last one is located in the root of the Windows folder

TunerConfigDefault.xml

Now all you have to do is find your specific market (Canada in my case) and add the line pod="1" to the string, so:

<market id="en-CA" mkt="1" zpass="1" sdjloc="1" sdjmkt="1" music="1" xbox="1" ratings="ESRB" catalog="en-CA" mtax="1" atax="1"/>

becomes:

<market id="en-CA" mkt="1" zpass="1" sdjloc="1" sdjmkt="1" pod="1" music="1" xbox="1" ratings="ESRB" catalog="en-CA" mtax="1" atax="1"/>

And as simple as that, podcasts appear!

I used WPDM to transfer the files, but it was a bit finicky when the file already exists, I've found that by uploading the files with the extensions changed slightly (ie. .xml1) and then changing the file name, it replaces the old file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	podcasts.png
Views:	497
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1782795  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbital For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morbital Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
marketplace, podcasts

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)