Quick Charge Support?

Search This thread

l.parreira

Aug 8, 2013
Melides
I have one Mi Pad 4 (3Gb/32Gb Wi-Fi) and with the battery at 20%, charging in a QC3.0 port, with the screen off it went to 1.85Ah at 5.05V. It was around 9Wh. So i can tell that it probably will go to 10Wh maximum and so it has probably only support for QC2.0.

I used a UGreen wall dual charger (one port QC3.0, the other is 2.4Ah) and the cable also a UGreen nylon that supports fast charge. They are found very easily in ebay and I strongly recommend this brand for charging (value/quality). For measuring I also used a very common usb tester that goes up to 5.1Ah/30V found also in ebay.

I can tell that with that same charger and cable, my Le Max 2 goes to a maximum of 24Wh(!) (around 8V/3Ah) when it was around 10-20% battery. So I can tell that the charger is at least outputing that power.

keeeper

Jan 22, 2016
Hangzhou
I confirm that no matter if used original charger or QC3 from Mi6 it can't charge 2-100% faster than 3 hours (usually 3h20m). Besides it doesn't show any notification about fast charging so this function must be locked.

IMO this is the biggest flaw in this tablet and I hope Xiaomi will do the same like with its Mi A1. The phone was released without the QC support, but it got unlocked with the Oreo update.

tml3nr

Aug 14, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Xiaomi AD07ZM charger show 5V / 1.9A on USB tester with my Mi Pad 4 LTE at 40% battery.

xiaomi_ad07zm.jpg

Last edited:

xsoft7

May 27, 2012
using various chargers and cables, both with miui 9 and 10.
I can say that MI PAD4 - DOES NOT have QC. it uses regular 5V/2A.

on xiaomi mi6, which clearly stated to suppoer QC, you have a sign of 'lightning bolt' on the top, as well as on the lock screen.

Mi-Pad DOES NOT.

thE_29

Jul 12, 2010
I have an own QC adapter (not from Xiaomi). When I plug in my Mi6 it shows "fast charging". But on my MiPad4 LTE it doesnt say anything about that... So I also would say, that the normal MiPad4 has no QC support.. Maybe the PLUS has it..

frofa

Dec 19, 2015
Plus version indeed got QC 2.0 enabled....

that's what the specifications say, BUT mine does definitely not support any kind of QC, neither 2.0 nor 3.0. I have tried it with a variety of QC2/3 chargers and cables that all work fine for QC (QC3.0 in this case) with my Mi Note 3 ("Jason"). On the Mi Pad 4 plus it does NOT quick-charge: neither does the Pad show any indication that it does, nor do my indicator cables (that have different color LEDs for normal or quick charging), nor is the charging time significantly reduced when using a QC charger versus a "normal" charger.
So, in theory it supports QC, in practice it doesn't for whatever reason. It may be supported by the chipset, but may be blocked by the kernel or MIUI.

SSP161988

May 17, 2019
Plus version indeed got QC 2.0 enabled....

Hi,

I got an MI PAD 4 imported to India and unfortunately lost the charger . :(
I got know NI PAD 4 needs a 5v 2a charger. Can i use the Mi India standard 2A charger as the voltages in india and China are quite same .
It is is tough to find an equivalent adapter for the MI PAD 4 here in India .
Could you please help me with any suggestions .. i am currently charging it through USB ports in my laptop but the tablet is nearly dead.

look forward to your response.

suhridkhan

Apr 27, 2013
Colorado
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Hi,

I got an MI PAD 4 imported to India and unfortunately lost the charger . :(
I got know NI PAD 4 needs a 5v 2a charger. Can i use the Mi India standard 2A charger as the voltages in india and China are quite same .
It is is tough to find an equivalent adapter for the MI PAD 4 here in India .
Could you please help me with any suggestions .. i am currently charging it through USB ports in my laptop but the tablet is nearly dead.

look forward to your response.

Input (line) voltage doesn't really matter for this kind of chargers, they do support a wide range of input voltage. What matters is the output voltage. If it is 5V there is no problem using that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one Mi Pad 4 (3Gb/32Gb Wi-Fi) and with the battery at 20%, charging in a QC3.0 port, with the screen off it went to 1.85Ah at 5.05V. It was around 9Wh. So i can tell that it probably will go to 10Wh maximum and so it has probably only support for QC2.0.

I used a UGreen wall dual charger (one port QC3.0, the other is 2.4Ah) and the cable also a UGreen nylon that supports fast charge. They are found very easily in ebay and I strongly recommend this brand for charging (value/quality). For measuring I also used a very common usb tester that goes up to 5.1Ah/30V found also in ebay.

I can tell that with that same charger and cable, my Le Max 2 goes to a maximum of 24Wh(!) (around 8V/3Ah) when it was around 10-20% battery. So I can tell that the charger is at least outputing that power.