Can't fstrim on /sdcard

Search This thread

EpicNull

Jun 21, 2014
Hello all,

As some of you you may know, some Android manufactures gift their mobile devices with slow memory chips, and I assume the 4X contain one of these, sometimes the lag gets me extremely frustrated.

Now, the application LagFix may be a solution, but as I didn't feel a noticeable difference, and I doubt that it may be because it does not work on /sdcard, only trims /cache, /data and /system.

So I am trying to do it myself from terminal, yet doing 'fstrim -v /sdcard' returns 1, which according to fstrim manuals indicates a failure.

So my question is, does the hope that additionally trimming /sdcard would enhance the situation, seem like a logical one ? If so, can you help me investigate the reason for failure ? trimming /data, for example, successes.

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
The /sdcard 'partition' is virtual and emulated by the FUSE daemon. It can be found under /data/media so if you trim /data, you're fine. :)

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD

Reactions: Flying_Bear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The /sdcard 'partition' is virtual and emulated by the FUSE daemon. It can be found under /data/media so if you trim /data, you're fine. :)

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD