[MOD][KK] MMS.apk from CM11 (with nexus 5 icon) fully functional

Search This thread

ilovetorresmo

Dec 13, 2013
This is the CM11 mms.apk fully functional with Nexus 5 Hangouts/SMS icon. Backup your original mms.apk and mms.odex. Put this on /system/priv-app/, delete mms.odex and change permissions to rw-r--r--

Screenshots:

Hit thanks if useful!

Working on 4.4.2
Not working on 4.3. Tested by user mangusmeister

Attachments

• Mms.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,758
Last edited:

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
What's so good about this mms?

EDIT: nvm .. i figured it out :)

sent from my little big Moto G

Last edited:

mangusmeister

Feb 19, 2012
Ok just so everyone knows this doesn't work on 4.3. I have 16gig UK retail single sim.
Also can anyone get 8sms to work as a stand alone app? it will work as long as u keep the stock mms app but once you remove the stock app and check the stand alone box in 8mms settings i just get a force close.

ilovetorresmo

Dec 13, 2013
Ok just so everyone knows this doesn't work on 4.3. I have 16gig UK retail single sim.
Also can anyone get 8sms to work as a stand alone app? it will work as long as u keep the stock mms app but once you remove the stock app and check the stand alone box in 8mms settings i just get a force close.
Try to disable stock sms on settings. I don't know

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
Hey man, great app. Would you be able to disable the smileys or use other smileys then stock greeb android smileys? The default icons of sms app are really awful...

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
Then I would have to change all the 800+ emoji icons one by one mate, sry

No problem mate, could you take a screenshot of the app with a message of the icons of the app? Can't acces the app now because mobile is broken..;

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Then I would have to change all the 800+ emoji icons one by one mate, sry

PS will the app be in dutch when I install it?

ilovetorresmo

Dec 13, 2013
No problem mate, could you take a screenshot of the app with a message of the icons of the app? Can't acces the app now because mobile is broken..;

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

PS will the app be in dutch when I install it?

Screenshot on first post and yes, it'll be, I've tested just now

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
app not working

I put the mms.apk in the system/priv-app map like ilovetorresmo explained in the opening post, with permissions rw-rr- and deleted mms.odex but when I open a conversation the app crashes everytime. I can acces the settings of the app, can see the list of conversations, but when I try to type a message or open a conversation, the app suddenly crashes. Is someone able to help.me? Because I really love this app! Thanks

Last edited:

ilovetorresmo

Dec 13, 2013
I put the mms.apk in the system/priv-app map like ilovetorresmo explained in the opening post, with permissions rw-rr- and deleted mms.odex but when I open a conversation the app crashes everytime. I can acces the settings of the app, can see the list of conversations, but when I try to type a message or open a conversation, the app suddenly crashes. Is someone able to help.me? Because I really love this app! Thanks

The permissions are rw-r--r--. When you do that, clear the data and cache of mms app on settings > applications. If that doesnt work, boot into CWM and wipe dalvik cache.

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
The permissions are rw-r--r--. When you do that, clear the data and cache of mms app on settings > applications. If that doesnt work, boot into CWM and wipe dalvik cache.

Followed your instructions, still doesn't work... Apps works perfect until I try to open conversation, then it crashes everytime. I can use conversation list, popup works too, settings in the app also works with no problems, search functumion also works, but when I open conversation , it says 'Messaging has stopped' , app crashes. Stock kitkat rom with gravitybox, rooted. Such a shame because I absolutely love this app!!

ilovetorresmo

Dec 13, 2013
Followed your instructions, still doesn't work... Apps works perfect until I try to open conversation, then it crashes everytime. I can use conversation list, popup works too, settings in the app also works with no problems, search functumion also works, but when I open conversation , it says 'Messaging has stopped' , app crashes. Stock kitkat rom with gravitybox, rooted. Such a shame because I absolutely love this app!!

Then I don't know what you should do. Manually delete all conversations, clear mms app data and cache, boot into cwm, wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot. If it doesn't works, then I don't know

ilovetorresmo

Dec 13, 2013
And if you want to change to stock emoticons on android keyboard to ios like emoji emoticons, visit my other thread about how to do that! thx

Top Liked Posts