Noob Back to Stock Question

Search This thread

tbattisti

Oct 15, 2012
Hampshire
Ok, so I have searched, but there's a ton of info and some of it seemed a little conflicting.

I need to return my S3 back to stock and reset the flash counter for a warranty return. I'm running CM10 and have CWM installed. I found this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099

Is this the easiest and safest way to go?

I do not have the knox warranty void when I booted into download mode.

Can I just download the MD5 or MB1 file, boot into CWM and flash it? Which one should I download? Does it matter if I flash from internal or SD card?

Thanks in advance for any help!

TELE-FLASH

Dec 16, 2013
Little Rock
Yes you can flash this from cwm.. It shouldn't make a difference if you put it on the internal or external sd, I typically prefer external so if I format the internal sd and for what ever reason I end up needing to flash this again I am not having to wait on another download of the stock package

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tbattisti

Oct 15, 2012
Hampshire
Yes you can flash this from cwm.. It shouldn't make a difference if you put it on the internal or external sd, I typically prefer external so if I format the internal sd and for what ever reason I end up needing to flash this again I am not having to wait on another download of the stock package

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Great, thanks! And this will get me back to stock, 100%, no way for BB to tell I've had it rooted?

Which file should I flash, MD5 or MB1?

TELE-FLASH

Dec 16, 2013
Little Rock
flash this

Great, thanks! And this will get me back to stock, 100%, no way for BB to tell I've had it rooted?

Which file should I flash, MD5 or MB1?

I would flash the NEW MD4 WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
MD4 MD5- 4a1d2bcd0f3ea0e5b41fb4d91fb7802b

or

NEW MD4 WITH COUNT RESET 32gb ONLY
MD4 MD5- 4e0d0b2c8121aaa059384cd8c520d7ac

which ever is appropriate for your device

Michael R.

Feb 27, 2014
Seattle
Are these same results achievable through odin?
I am completely unable to use my screen but it has to be doable since you can get into download mode with the hardkeys on the phone...

Mine was dropped from 4 stories. It will boot recieve calls and all the rest but the screen is fubar. I'm curious if it is a screen issue, will they even check software?