[ROM] [CM11] SD and NAND version of Badadroid v4.4

Search This thread

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Hello everyone, here is my work to make Badadroid run on SD or Nand.
Lot of people requested it but it's for test purpose. I don't know about performance (don't look really bad, but i haven't tested it), but you can do some tests and report.

This ROM is based on Badadroid v4.4, for both kernel and ROM.
I advise you to read the whole Badadroid v4.4 first post first.
It's possible that i don't use a totally up-to-date version of Badadroid, so available RAM is 270 Mb. Updated

WARNING : Partitioning SDcard delete its content, make a backup first !
Nand rom delete Bada, and everything on internal memory (not true anymore), make a backup first !

Known bugs :
-Same as Badadroid v4.4
-Link to internal storage not removed, it appears in file explorer but can't be opened.
-A message showing "com.android.system has stopped" may appear at first boot only.
-cache not mounted in recovery for nand version.
-Tell me

Links :
ROM
SD Kernel See updates
Nand Kernel See updates

Fota S8500
Fota S8530
Bootfiles : same as Badadroid

Note about Fota : with both version you can use Badadroid Fota, you'll just have to put kernel on bada_user partition instead of SDcard.
It will change key combination, recovery will be available with Volume Down+power.

To boot bada with this Fota : Call+EndCall
Default boot is android.
Other ROM adapted to NAND and SD with my updater-script:
hero355 4.4.4 ROM : This ROM is based on Badadroid and android 4.4.4 GalaxyS1 rom.
It feature android 4.4.4, made by @hero355.

If you have specific question about a ROM, pease ask directly to its creator.
If you have general feedback or bug report about a ROM, you can report so i can add in description.

Updates
v1.3 :
SD
Added fixes from Volk204 (poweroff fix by Tigrouzen, screen wake on wave 2)
Removed internal SD
Nand
I won't support nand anymore, just use Volk kernel for Omni.
v1.2 :
SD kernel
Added internal memory
Nand kernel
Changed partition table->a clean installation of bada is needed with this one. Any other partition layout will than bada one will not be compatible.
Added internal memory

v1.1 :
SD kernel Updated to last Badadroid v4.4 kernel sources (more ram). Fixed wifi.
Nand kernel Tested-Working
Updated to last Badadroid v4.4 kernel sources (more ram)

Installation :
Flash bootfiles and Fota with multiloader v5.65 (v5.67 should also work)

Put kernel (zImage) on SDcard (or on Bada_user if you use Badadroid Fota) and put zip on SDcard.
You first need SD or Nand partitionned, maybe i'll add a way to do it with my kernel, for now you can do it with commandlines, softwares, or any other ways.
Easiest method to partition SD on windows is using a software like EaseUS partition Master
On linux, just use built-in software (disk)
Partition table must be for SD (all primary partition, in this order, no label) : X GB Fat32 partition, 20MB Ext (it can be ext 3 or 4), 400 MB Ext, YGB Ext.
On Nand : 400MB Ext, more than 20MB fat, Space_Left Ext.
X is the size left on your sdcard after formatting (better make it as big as possible), Y is size of /data (where apps are installed), better make it between 800 MB and 2GB.

Note : You can create FAT partition if you can't create Ext, and then format it under recovery in mount and storage/format /system, /data and format /cache then reboot recovery.
Note 2 : You can use default bada partition layout (so you won't have to partition it yourself) for Nand ROM, but it will result in a 580 MB cache partition, 400 MB system and 880 MB data.
Just boot recovery and go in Mount and Storage/ format cache, data and system and reboot recovery.

Boot recovery (with home+power if you use the Fota provided earlier).
Go to install zip/install zip from SDcard0 or SDcard1, depending where you put zip and choose Badadroidv4.4-NandSD.zip.
Wait for it to finish.
Then reboot (holding call if you use Badadroid Fota)

Bootanimation should appear.
First boot is slow, be patient, it took 2 minutes for me on Nand.
Next boot should be faster (around 40 seconds)

Uninstallation :
For SD ROM, just use any partitioning software to remove the 3 ext partition, and go back to badadroid Fota if you want Bada as default boot.
For Nand ROM, do a full flash of Bada.

Sources :
Main sources are whole badadroid project : here
All the work and changes i did can be found here, i forked device and kernel git repo from badadroid and create a Nand and SD branch for each.
To build it, you just have to replace the files i changed in badadroid sources, then compile bootimage, and then put updater-script in the rom zip.
Note : I reversed this commit to get wifi working.

Volk204 for his help, Rebellos and all the badadroid team for their amazing work.
Tigrouzen for his init files, which helped me understand the process, and his work on Fota with ihavenick, Mijoma and Rebellos.
And also thanks to Hero355 and Blue59.

I have nearly no knowledge in android development, so there is probably useless or bad part in my code.
Feel free to improve it or use it.

Last edited:

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Thanks benzox
please added ram
rom very slow

Updated to last badadroid sources. Now there is zRam and 283 MB available.

I'm not sure that it's faster than LOOP rom, it probably lack some tweaks, this is for test purpose and i let skilled devs find these tweaks ;)

Just updated new version (tested this time ;) )
Make sure to format the three partition (/cache, /system and /data) in recovery BEFORE flashing ROM.

Last edited:

abhijeet1331

Oct 17, 2013

I'm not sure that it's faster than LOOP rom, it probably lack some tweaks, this is for test purpose and i let skilled devs find these tweaks ;)

Make sure to format the three partition (/cache, /system and /data) in recovery BEFORE flashing ROM.

Format the three partition (/cache, /system and /data)...?? U mean I should do it in Mount and Storage menu, right...??

hero355

Dec 10, 2011
Baku
Thank you

BTW Android 4.4.4 is incoming... :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-21-16-34-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-21-16-34-13.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

tofifo

Jun 19, 2012
It works perfect, very fast and fluid Nand version.
I've done this:
First I searched other kernel with the option to remove bada...... and I deleted bada.
After I entered usb connection and I copied the nand original kernel of this post.
Finally Restarted to re-entering the menu kernel and select install from zip.
After I give restart and have to restart the rom booted perfectly.
It takes a while to boot.
Seeking another kernel that allows partition SD or remove bada in Nand I avoid stories to not sleep and partitions with linux.

By the way does anyone know how I can install tienda de google googleplay that does not come in the rom?

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
It works perfect, very fast and fluid Nand version.
I've done this:
First I searched other kernel with the option to remove bada...... and I deleted bada.
After I entered usb connection and I copied the nand original kernel of this post.
Finally Restarted to re-entering the menu kernel and select install from zip.
After I give restart and have to restart the rom booted perfectly.
It takes a while to boot.
Seeking another kernel that allows partition SD or remove bada in Nand I avoid stories to not sleep and partitions with linux.

By the way does anyone know how I can install tienda de google googleplay that does not come in the rom?

Yeah, it work all the same.
You can find Google apps zip in badadroid thread.

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
After a little discussion with Volk, Nand partition table will be changed to another one, to allow the use of Badadroid Fota, and preserve internal sdcard even in Nand rom (i will relink it in SD rom).
It will need a new installation and a flash of Bada if you were using any Nand ROM.
It should not change performance.
Probably tomorrow if i have time.

not work new kernel nand on wave 2
stile on foota

Hum, i tested it myself, and hero355 did too. Make sure to have the kernel properly copied on SD and SD Fota. Then make sure to have good partition table (you can type with adb once in recovery "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0" and then "p" in shell to make sure you have 3 ext 4 partition).

tofifo

Jun 19, 2012
I have a problem in this rom to install this aplication store apk

Allsharecast dongle

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.fwupgrade&hl=es

When finished the installation fails and displays a sign that says:

" Not compatible with other applications that use the same shared user ID "

Is there any solution to install this application?

Can be a problem with the rom compilation ?

or is another problem that has nothing to do with the compilation of the rom?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, here is my work to make Badadroid run on SD or Nand.
    Lot of people requested it but it's for test purpose. I don't know about performance (don't look really bad, but i haven't tested it), but you can do some tests and report.

This ROM is based on Badadroid v4.4, for both kernel and ROM.
    I advise you to read the whole Badadroid v4.4 first post first.
    It's possible that i don't use a totally up-to-date version of Badadroid, so available RAM is 270 Mb. Updated

WARNING : Partitioning SDcard delete its content, make a backup first !
    Nand rom delete Bada, and everything on internal memory (not true anymore), make a backup first !

Known bugs :
    -Same as Badadroid v4.4
    -Link to internal storage not removed, it appears in file explorer but can't be opened.
    -A message showing "com.android.system has stopped" may appear at first boot only.
    -cache not mounted in recovery for nand version.
    -Tell me

Links :
    ROM
    SD Kernel See updates
    Nand Kernel See updates

Fota S8500
    Fota S8530
    Bootfiles : same as Badadroid

Note about Fota : with both version you can use Badadroid Fota, you'll just have to put kernel on bada_user partition instead of SDcard.
    It will change key combination, recovery will be available with Volume Down+power.

To boot bada with this Fota : Call+EndCall
    Default boot is android.
    Other ROM adapted to NAND and SD with my updater-script:
    hero355 4.4.4 ROM : This ROM is based on Badadroid and android 4.4.4 GalaxyS1 rom.
    It feature android 4.4.4, made by @hero355.

If you have specific question about a ROM, pease ask directly to its creator.
    If you have general feedback or bug report about a ROM, you can report so i can add in description.

Updates
    v1.3 :
    SD
    Added fixes from Volk204 (poweroff fix by Tigrouzen, screen wake on wave 2)
    Removed internal SD
    Nand
    I won't support nand anymore, just use Volk kernel for Omni.
    v1.2 :
    SD kernel
    Added internal memory
    Nand kernel
    Changed partition table->a clean installation of bada is needed with this one. Any other partition layout will than bada one will not be compatible.
    Added internal memory

v1.1 :
    SD kernel Updated to last Badadroid v4.4 kernel sources (more ram). Fixed wifi.
    Nand kernel Tested-Working
    Updated to last Badadroid v4.4 kernel sources (more ram)

Installation :
    Flash bootfiles and Fota with multiloader v5.65 (v5.67 should also work)

Put kernel (zImage) on SDcard (or on Bada_user if you use Badadroid Fota) and put zip on SDcard.
    You first need SD or Nand partitionned, maybe i'll add a way to do it with my kernel, for now you can do it with commandlines, softwares, or any other ways.
    Easiest method to partition SD on windows is using a software like EaseUS partition Master
    On linux, just use built-in software (disk)
    Partition table must be for SD (all primary partition, in this order, no label) : X GB Fat32 partition, 20MB Ext (it can be ext 3 or 4), 400 MB Ext, YGB Ext.
    On Nand : 400MB Ext, more than 20MB fat, Space_Left Ext.
    X is the size left on your sdcard after formatting (better make it as big as possible), Y is size of /data (where apps are installed), better make it between 800 MB and 2GB.

Note : You can create FAT partition if you can't create Ext, and then format it under recovery in mount and storage/format /system, /data and format /cache then reboot recovery.
    Note 2 : You can use default bada partition layout (so you won't have to partition it yourself) for Nand ROM, but it will result in a 580 MB cache partition, 400 MB system and 880 MB data.
    Just boot recovery and go in Mount and Storage/ format cache, data and system and reboot recovery.

Boot recovery (with home+power if you use the Fota provided earlier).
    Go to install zip/install zip from SDcard0 or SDcard1, depending where you put zip and choose Badadroidv4.4-NandSD.zip.
    Wait for it to finish.
    Then reboot (holding call if you use Badadroid Fota)

Bootanimation should appear.
    First boot is slow, be patient, it took 2 minutes for me on Nand.
    Next boot should be faster (around 40 seconds)

Uninstallation :
    For SD ROM, just use any partitioning software to remove the 3 ext partition, and go back to badadroid Fota if you want Bada as default boot.
    For Nand ROM, do a full flash of Bada.

Sources :
    Main sources are whole badadroid project : here
    All the work and changes i did can be found here, i forked device and kernel git repo from badadroid and create a Nand and SD branch for each.
    To build it, you just have to replace the files i changed in badadroid sources, then compile bootimage, and then put updater-script in the rom zip.
    Note : I reversed this commit to get wifi working.

Volk204 for his help, Rebellos and all the badadroid team for their amazing work.
    Tigrouzen for his init files, which helped me understand the process, and his work on Fota with ihavenick, Mijoma and Rebellos.
    And also thanks to Hero355 and Blue59.

I have nearly no knowledge in android development, so there is probably useless or bad part in my code.
    Feel free to improve it or use it.
    Thanks benzox
    please added ram
    rom very slow

Thank you

BTW Android 4.4.4 is incoming... :)
    Thanks benzox
    please added ram
    rom very slow

thanks
    i try with my rom
    is speed good

i want make new rom with you kernel
    Used with permission