[DEV] apkTools - Optimize/Edit/Pack/Sign

Search This thread

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Ok so I am at home now on my windows 7 64b comp and now when I try to run this I get

C:\android\apkTools\apkEdit>unPack.bat
Unpacking APKs...
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have java se dev 6 update 24 and javafx 1.3 sdk installed as well as java 6 update 24. I suspect it is having this prob because of the Program Files (x86) dir

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Ok so I fixed my issue. I had to install the 64bit ver of java. Now I can unpack my apk and make changes but I cannot get it to repack. I need it recompiled. Does this script do that? I put an apk file into the apkpack dir and selected the apkpack_all.bat and it said that it was optimizing and repacking but when I open the apk that it said it repacked it was not recompressed.

Last edited:

kirpeace

Dec 26, 2010
can it be modified to deodex rom. i tried to by adding 2 lines and i was able to add classes.dex into the signed and compressed apk though only one file not batch and not tried yet as i dont know the commands properly.

Last edited:

kwarkje

Nov 11, 2010
Lelystad, Netherlands
How-To?

how this thing work or have any instructions anywhere?

+1!

I'd very much like to get into this, but I lack the knowledge untill now... Any chance of a How-To to explain how this works?

I found some instructions on the net on how to use APKTool, but they lack the signing-bit, so I reckon the re-built apk's cannot be used... When I adapt an apk, I'd like to use it....;)

Greetz, and thnx,

kwarkje

EDIT:

Hi all,

See http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=56372, where you can find a small but worthy Tutorial about how to decompile and recompile and sign an exisitng APK, so you can use the modified APK...

Success, greetz,

kwarkje

Last edited:

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to theming but I used this tool to make some changes to an existing theme apk in my ROM. I have tried simply replacing the icons I wanted to replace and recompiling but I got Parse Error when I tried to install. Next I deleted everything but the res folder and let apktool rebuild everything else and I still got Parse Error.

I searched this thread and saw that one other person got the same error but I couldn't find where his question was ever answered. I know I can simply drop the new icons in the existing apk and overwrite it but I want both themes to show up in theme chooser.

Thanks for any help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A simple toolkit inspired by some others, primary goal is to provide a seamless solution for reliable apk editing/optimizing.

This tool uses aapt rather than 7zip for packing. That provides much better reliability and assurance of conformance to Android file standards, as the cost of slightly larger files.

Contains:
    - 7zip
    - roptipng
    - aapt
    - apktool
    - zipalign
    - signapk

I've also made sure all the libraries/binaries are up to date.
    Does this work on a mac? Not at home to download it.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Windows only, sorry.
    I can look and see about porting to Mac/Linux though, to my knowledge I should be able to get binaries/source for each exe used.
    good stuff... im happy someone put together a package for everyone.

btw... which versions u using here?
    i can check... but i think more people would like to know.
    btw... which versions u using here?
    i can check... but i think more people would like to know.

7za - 9.20
    roptipng - 0.6.3
    aapt & zipalign - SDK v8
    apktool - 1.3.2
    signapk - NA