Thanks Meter: 11,197

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2012, 08:01 PM |#511  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
*sigh*, I found out the issue. See here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/18255/

Looks like those linaro "optimizations" ended up breaking things, included GV audio playback.

I'm curious what other issues they caused too. Regardless, I'll be merging in that patch from the review for a release if they don't merge it into the main repo soon.

28th June 2012, 08:10 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I initially flashed 1.1.1 over 1.1.0. I noticed the problem then. It vexed me so I then did a full wipe and flash of 1.1.1. And the issue was still there hence why I posted after noticing another poster with the same problem

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

*sigh*, I found out the issue. See here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/18255/

Looks like those linaro "optimizations" ended up breaking things, included GV audio playback.

I'm curious what other issues they caused too. Regardless, I'll be merging in that patch from the review for a release if they don't merge it into the main repo soon.

That's kind of good news in so far as it was not something I did! Many thanks for your looking into this for me! Very much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to edbogue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edbogue Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 08:14 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
A user reported an issue to me earlier today, I'm still trying to get a logcat from the individual but if I can't get one in a timely manner I'll make one myself.

I believe they're still on the initial release, so 1.0.1

The issue is that when you put the phone on speaker for a call, then back to handset, the microphone refuses to re-initialize. You have to reboot the phone to make it work again. As you can imagine this is a pretty big issue. I don't know if this is exclusive to inbound or outbound calls.

I just thought I'd pass that along. If I don't hear back from the user by the end of the day I'll just go ahead and see if I can't reproduce the issue. If this has already been reported in the last day or so my apologies, I'm about 10 pages behind and haven't caught up yet.
28th June 2012, 08:16 PM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Please consult the OP, what you're experiencing is abnormality.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonhartxxx

hi there.. i had a problem with this mimicry v1.1.1, i can't turn on the wifi, and the status just wifi turning on, nothing happen..i already used radio .19

does anyone know what the problem is?

I had this exact same problem after flashing EdKey's .19 radio with RCDATA and choosing the wi-fi calling option in the Mimicry 1.1.1 installer. I reflashed the kernel, which fixed the problem... but I'm pretty sure that made me lose the RIL/lib matcher customizations. Oh well.
28th June 2012, 08:28 PM |#515  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astriaos

A user reported an issue to me earlier today, I'm still trying to get a logcat from the individual but if I can't get one in a timely manner I'll make one myself.

I believe they're still on the initial release, so 1.0.1

The issue is that when you put the phone on speaker for a call, then back to handset, the microphone refuses to re-initialize. You have to reboot the phone to make it work again. As you can imagine this is a pretty big issue. I don't know if this is exclusive to inbound or outbound calls.

I just thought I'd pass that along. If I don't hear back from the user by the end of the day I'll just go ahead and see if I can't reproduce the issue. If this has already been reported in the last day or so my apologies, I'm about 10 pages behind and haven't caught up yet.

This has been an issue w/ past versions of Andromadus (beta 3..?) but since has been fixed. I definitely cannot reproduce it here with 1.1.1 (and I believe it wasn't an issue for 1.1.0 either). I can switch to & from speakerphone w/o issue. The mic never cuts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halotron

I had this exact same problem after flashing EdKey's .19 radio with RCDATA and choosing the wi-fi calling option in the Mimicry 1.1.1 installer. I reflashed the kernel, which fixed the problem... but I'm pretty sure that made me lose the RIL/lib matcher customizations. Oh well.

The re-flash kernel option shouldn't copy any files but the kernel itself actually, do you recall if the AROMA logs indicated otherwise?
28th June 2012, 08:38 PM |#516  
Flag Luxembourg
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys

The link he provided to you was for a special 'European' version of the lib-ril updater. Have you flashed that particular version?

Nope, I didn't noticed before. Thanks for the heads up! I will flash it right away!

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk 2
28th June 2012, 10:58 PM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halotron

I have the same problem. I flashed the .19 radio and choosing the wifi calling option in the Mimicry 1.1.1 the result is that I can't enable the wifi. I resolved the problem reflashing w/out the wifi calling option and now the wifi is working properly. Btw I did not try to flash the T-Mobile wifi calling separately.
28th June 2012, 11:03 PM |#518  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winci45

I have the same problem. I flashed the .19 radio and choosing the wifi calling option in the Mimicry 1.1.1 the result is that I can't enable the wifi. I resolved the problem reflashing w/out the wifi calling option and now the wifi is working properly. Btw I did not try to flash the T-Mobile wifi calling separately.

Hm, could you guys try flashing wifi calling separately to see if it works? Maybe Ed can shed some light on this, I'm not on TMO myself so have never been able to test.
28th June 2012, 11:59 PM |#519  

More
Quote:

Hm, could you guys try flashing wifi calling separately to see if it works? Maybe Ed can shed some light on this, I'm not on TMO myself so have never been able to test.

I flashed the VisionWifiCalling_v2.1_Android4.x.x.zip separately and now I see that it works good

I also noticed that the volume of the audio is really low using Sipdroid and google voice
29th June 2012, 12:10 AM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Has anyone encountered the empty notification bar problem?
29th June 2012, 12:16 AM |#521  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellin

Has anyone encountered the empty notification bar problem?

Me. Usually it happens when I unlock the phone and immediately open the notification bar. If after unlocking the phone I wait a couple of seconds, it works good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)