[Q] MicroSD Card

Search This thread

davebu

Dec 28, 2007
Chicago
Been looking around for which microsd card to replace my venue pro one with. definitely want a 32gb one. Pulled up a few, are a lot of people having problems with the class 4 cards? Should I stick with a class 2, even though the 4 is about the same price, or cheaper? Here are the few I found, all around $80. Price doesn't matter, just want the one that will work the best.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-sds...rd/q/sellerid/20451128/loc/101/219031154.html

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDHC-SDSDQ-032G-A11M-Retail-Package/dp/B003OA8T92/ref=pd_cp_e_1

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk32-g...icrosdhc-1-card-pack/q/loc/101/217020006.html (same card as above)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G60AD6/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Crimson Lotus

Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I'm 100% sure someone had posted the 32GB MicroSD card S/N they use. I don't remember which post it was, it is somewhere in the Venue Pro General form.

varunverma

Jul 9, 2006
I think class 6 should work. Max Miller at ZDNet has posted a blog about how he swapped a troublesome dvp's 8gb card with 32gb n the dvp is working like a charm after that. It has a video aswell.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
Whats the largest SD card Windows mobile 7 can handle, and if it's less than 128 will it be able to recognize "partitioned" SD cards?

kharnak

Mar 26, 2007
I use a sandisk 32g class 2 and it works fine. Did find a lot of class 4 of same price but skipped as I only saw that class 2 works from posts online.

And from a random (not sure if reliable though) article online, it says WP7's file system depends on random I/O seek time (or alike) which is a different dimension from class, which gauge the continuous transfer speed.

Reactions: slight22

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
I use a sandisk 32g class 2 and it works fine. Did find a lot of class 4 of same price but skipped as I only saw that class 2 works from posts online.

And from a random (not sure if reliable though) article online, it says WP7's file system depends on random I/O seek time (or alike) which is a different dimension from class, which gauge the continuous transfer speed.

Why would a slower class work better than a faster class of SD? Class ten is the fastest your able to buy.

If I can buy a class 10 32gb would it work?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...61411-L06D&AID=10657534&PID=749547&SID=forums

Last edited:

kartbart

Mar 28, 2011
I swapped my 8GB class 4 that came with the device to a 32 GB SanDisk class 4. I do notice slower write speeds - 720p video in particular seems to have a lag when capturing. Other than that, the phone is zippy fast.

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
I bought a Dell Venue Pro (normally hate Dell and don't give them the time of day) and from what i've been reading i'm going to be stuck with a class 2 or 4 (32gb) MicroSD card. And to narrow it down even further supposedly the ones that work best with these phones are sandisk.

So my questions are this. Will I actually be able to use a class 10 microsd card or is it a limitation of the physical phone. I mean windows is capable of 32gb and probably more.

If it isn't able to use class 10 right now will there be a firmware update for the phone that will allow it.

What would happen if i bought a kingston or patriot over sandisk (as i've always considered them the bottom of the pile)

zaijian

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2006
I've been using a 32gb sandisk (class 2) for a couple days now and it's awesome. Despite being class 2, it's way faster than the crappy class 4 that came with the phone.

Random r/w speed is the most important thing to worry about with WP7 devices. Class rating does not say anything at all about random r/w speed, just about the maximum throughput. In fact, there is often a NEGATIVE correlation between class rating and random r/w speed - the higher the class, the lower random r/w.

So that's why class 2, 4, or 6 cards seem to be the best.

goatslayer85

Sep 29, 2009
so could anyone give me a link of the best 32 gb sd card I can use for my DVP that would be awesome.

the one that came with my phone is starting to fail (constantly getting the black screen with memory card problem and asking me to change cards and reset)

goatslayer85

Sep 29, 2009
another question

let's say something happens with my phone and I need to send it back for warranty repair, could I possibly switch out the sd card back to the original one, reset and be ok?

someeh

Aug 21, 2008
Bronx,NY
So does this phone have a SD card that is expandable? I just got the phone a week ago and thought it was built in and couldn't be changed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.