CyanogenMod 11 modded for Desire HD/Inspire 4G
CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
These releases are based on CM11 for the Desire HD, Inspire 4G users must flash Inspire 4G mod!
This modded CM11
- gpu rendering enabled through egl.cfg
- removed OTA updater for cm and goo.im pushes
- Some apps removed like videoeditor.apk, CM Filemanager,etc. (removed for system space, there are better apps on the market)
- contains additional google libs, permissions and framework files.
- (2013-12-28) added ES File Explorer v188.8.131.52 to /system/app
- (2013-12-28) added some optimizations
- (2013-12-28) added BaNkS Gapps [12-14-13]
- (2013-12-28) Removed Launcher3 and added Apex Launcher v2.2.0
- (2013-12-29) fixed BaNkS's Gapps
- (2013-12-29) removed email.apk and exchange2.apk
- (2013-12-29) added Xposed Framework Installer v2.5.3
- (2013-12-29) added Link2SD v3.1.2
- (2013-12-29) added Greenify v1.99
- (2013-12-29) added adblocking
- (2013-12-29) added universal netflix fix
- (2013-12-29) added MiFileExplorer v4.1.3
- Boot into CWM Recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Format /System
- Install zip from SD card / choose ROM zip from SD card
- Install zip from SD card / choose Inspiremod zip from SD card (only for Inspire 4G users)
- After installation reboot system now
- 1st Boot take about 3 - 5 minutes (caches are generated in this time
No OTA support in this early stage
- Thanks to Mustaavalkosta for awesome base CM11 Rom and Kernel
- Thanks to BaNkS for Gapps
- Thanks to CM-Devs for Cyanogenmod
- Thanks to Google for Android
- Thanks to HTC for the DHD
- Thanks to testers
Also, HUGE thanks to DHD Community for still accepting me after my previous crappy roms, you guys are the best and it will NOT happen again.
Don't make mirrors of my rom, or post direct links on other forums/threads!
If you want to share, only share the link to this thread.
Buy me a beer...or at least a juice
CyanogenMod 11 modded, a ROM for the HTC Desire HD
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: CWM 6.0.4.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod 11 - Unofficial Nightlies