[ROM 4.2] AOIP Team Insomnia 8/3/13 [Linaro 4.7]

Should HALO be included in 4.3 Version of AOIP ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

camcory

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
Couple

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369008908485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369008908485.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 640
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369008922957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369008922957.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 606
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369008942266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369008942266.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 602
  • Screenshot_2013-05-19-20-22-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-19-20-22-44.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
was gonna post earlier but cant seem to post from phone on here, i have been running this rom since right after it came out, cant say anything bad about it, not even battery life, i am really impressed and think ive found my new dd.
thanks for all your hard work guys..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-19-17-22-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-19-17-22-02.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Reactions: torch2424

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Alright this ROM weary veteran had to give in and give this a shot. Initial impressions are all good ones. Initial boot takes a few minutes which is normal but reboots after that are fast (btw boot animation is sharp like others have said). This is very snappy and responsive. Restoring apps was a breeze and they are working just fine the few I have tried. System tweaks are all in working order and I really love the clock widget which gave my precise neighborhood location on the weather. Settings stick through reboots too.

I've only used this a very short time so a few days is always needed to give the best info. However it's obvious the Team put a LOT of work into making this a nice ROM and it appears they got it right the first time. I'll report back on battery life as soon as I have a good idea. I'm going to refrain from any additional scripts/tweaks (except for Seeder & Greenify apps) as I'd like to see how the ROM does without them.

Those that are wondering there is no OC but it's not needed and saves battery anyway. Performance options are included for CPU control and memory management just like CM10. There is an option for "Dark AOIP" as well. Only little issue is my contact list names still show up on an all white background making the names a little hard to read since the text is white also.

Thanks Smartguy, Cam & Tim. Too bad I didn't test it earlier, been missing out.:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-19-21-46-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-19-21-46-55.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 408

Neoxal

Aug 27, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a real issue right now, but Settings FC's whenever I try to edit the lockscreen settigns under the AOIP subheader in settings. It didn't FC when I first installed AOIP, but started happeneing a few hours after. Lockscreen customization works fine from Security though.

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
After reading artful's post I checked my contacts, the background is white but text is black for me, I also paired my blue tooth and plugged and unplugged my charger, made calls and use voice commands and had no problems, used GPS nav and other app's that require GPS usage and all worked as should, my one glitch I had was with gallery, said no internal storage found so I wiped and reinstalled rom and is now working so I think it might of been something I did.
Love this rom......

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if this is a real issue right now, but Settings FC's whenever I try to edit the lockscreen settigns under the AOIP subheader in settings. It didn't FC when I first installed AOIP, but started happeneing a few hours after. Lockscreen customization works fine from Security though.
I couldn't replicate that error but I'll try again tomorrow. Using any themes?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

After reading artful's post I checked my contacts, the background is white but text is black for me, I also paired my blue tooth and plugged and unplugged my charger, made calls and use voice commands and had no problems, used GPS nav and other app's that require GPS usage and all worked as should, my one glitch I had was with gallery, said no internal storage found so I wiped and reinstalled rom and is now working so I think it might of been something I did.
Love this rom......

Hmm, might have something to do with the Crystal 2 theme then. I've been using the same theme on Baked and the background was all dark, but maybe the dark AOIP only works if you don't have a theme running?

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
I'm using touchwiz 5.0 theme, dark aoip is on,

Also I am having no issues with lockscreen no matter where I access it from.

Neoxal

Aug 27, 2012
I'm using no themes with dark AOIP on. A dirty flash did not fix it so I don't know what it is. It doesn't bother me at all, just wanted to know if it was an actual issue. I could try a full wipe and reinstall if no one else can recreate it.

boozeLee

Jul 6, 2012
so freakin smooth, you guys really outdid yourselves with this rom! installed it and put it through its paces yesterday and today at work... man, seems like everything just works, and ridiculously fast at that. wifi tethering? check. bluetooth with spotify? check. bluetooth with groove ip? check. also tried stuff like tiny flashlight, gps, camera, and of course google voice calling/texting. no hiccups whatsoever.

the only thing i changed under the aoip lockscreen settings was add a slider shortcut for wifi tethering, but i didn't experience an fc. i'm also using the dark aoip, and my contacts come up with black text on a white background (not using any themes, just the icon set from DCikonZ). haven't had any issues with gallery either. i HAVE seen the lockscreen glitch up a few times and appear off center like Dvarl mentioned though (perhaps due to the camera when you slide the lockscreen to the left?). also, i dunno if this is part of a larger issue or what, but when i installed swiftkey on my phone, i couldn't get past the second step "enable swiftkey 3" where it tries to access my phone's settings to change what keyboard i'm using. every time it would just FC and bring me back to the homescreen, not allowing me to get past step 2 of the swiftkey setup. i got around this by going into settings to manually enable swiftkey, then clicking on the little configure settings button to the right of it. this opened swiftkey and advanced it to step 3, allowing me to finish the setup process. not sure how big of a deal this is, or whether or not it is something that would have an effect on other apps that need to access the settings, but i figured i'd post the issue for the sake of being thorough.

the only other thing i noticed so far was in the hardware keys section of the aoip settings. not sure if this was deliberate, but custom actions for the back button are nonexistent. also, in the menu of custom actions, the function Last App appears to be missing. as for battery life? well, it is what it is on 4.2.2, and i got through the work day on a full charge, but i was in desperate need of charging right when i got home. only have greenify installed right now. interested to see if battery life can be improved upon with one or more of those scripts like nos/crossbreeder/etc... without affecting the performance of this rom in anyway of course. cuz right now it performs like a champ, and i wouldn't wanna do anything to eff that up! :victory:

Last edited:

camcory

Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
I have the lock screen issue too it happens when you are it a landscape view and screen locks when you unlock the lock button is on the right and if I swipe it up it unlocks. This is something I'm looking into

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

smartguy044

Mar 3, 2012
North Carolina
Yea same issue here. Just give us sometime cam is real busy at work and I just started a new job so I'm real busy. I'm trying to make some time to help cam out with some new features etc hopefully I can work on it before my sched shifts to 12 hours

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
so freakin smooth, you guys really outdid yourselves with this rom! installed it and put it through its paces yesterday and today at work... man, seems like everything just works, and ridiculously fast at that. wifi tethering? check. bluetooth with spotify? check. bluetooth with groove ip? check. also tried stuff like tiny flashlight, gps, camera, and of course google voice calling/texting. no hiccups whatsoever.

the only thing i changed under the aoip lockscreen settings was add a slider shortcut for wifi tethering, but i didn't experience an fc. i'm also using the dark aoip, and my contacts come up with black text on a white background (not using any themes, just the icon set from DCikonZ). haven't had any issues with gallery either. i HAVE seen the lockscreen glitch up a few times and appear off center like Dvarl mentioned though (perhaps due to the camera when you slide the lockscreen to the left?). also, i dunno if this is part of a larger issue or what, but when i installed swiftkey on my phone, i couldn't get past the second step "enable swiftkey 3" where it tries to access my phone's settings to change what keyboard i'm using. every time it would just FC and bring me back to the homescreen, not allowing me to get past step 2 of the swiftkey setup. i got around this by going into settings to manually enable swiftkey, then clicking on the little configure settings button to the right of it. this opened swiftkey and advanced it to step 3, allowing me to finish the setup process. not sure how big of a deal this is, or whether or not it is something that would have an effect on other apps that need to access the settings, but i figured i'd post the issue for the sake of being thorough.

the only other thing i noticed so far was in the hardware keys section of the aoip settings. not sure if this was deliberate, but custom actions for the back button are nonexistent. also, in the menu of custom actions, the function Last App appears to be missing. as for battery life? well, it is what it is on 4.2.2, and i got through the work day on a full charge, but i was in desperate need of charging right when i got home. only have greenify installed right now. interested to see if battery life can be improved upon with one or more of those scripts like nos/crossbreeder/etc... without affecting the performance of this rom in anyway of course. cuz right now it performs like a champ, and i wouldn't wanna do anything to eff that up! :victory:
I didn't have your situation happen, but I use Swiftkey also and you have to end up freezing the system keyboard in Titanium Backup or Swiftkey will not stay as the default keyboard app. This happened to me with Baked as well.

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
I installed touch pal keyboard and had to activate and set it manually in settings also but my kb settings stuck without freezing, wonder if it is something with the swift app,
As to smartguys post, I know you guys are busy, so we will get whatever fix when you have time and that's fine, still as of yet I have not encountered anything major and thanks for your time and love for this old and tired phone.
I also know the word swapsd is wearing on people's ears so to get it out of the way, no I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did, really don't care though but i know some do.
sent from my aoip exhibit

Last edited:

camcory

Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
I installed touch pal keyboard and had to activate and set it manually in settings also but my kb settings stuck without freezing, wonder if it is something with the swift app,
As to smartguys post, I know you guys are busy, so we will get whatever fix when you have time and that's fine, still as of yet I have not encountered anything major and thanks for your time and love for this old and tired phone.
I also know the word swapsd is wearing on people's ears so to get it out of the way, no I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did, really don't care though but i know some do.
sent from my aoip exhibit

There is a new option for the swapping of sd Thanks to arco navigate to build.prop and find the line

# Change to 1 for swapping SD cards
persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0

Just change the 0 to 1 and reboot swap is done.

mwhitt

Apr 23, 2013
vancouver
Nice, ya'll really did think about everything
Now the noob question, where do you find the file to edit?

*edit* found it

Sent from my AOIP Exhibit 4G

Last edited:

radium22

Mar 31, 2011
This is really the best, fastest, and smoothest 4.2 ROM for this device, even without OC. Excellent job!!!

I do find three places which will FC:
1. Settings -> Lock Screen
2. Settings -> Storage
3. Settings -> Sound -> Quiet Hours

But even with those FC's, I will still stick with this ROM as I simply love it! Thanks, again!

trent25

Jul 31, 2012
I didn't have your situation happen, but I use Swiftkey also and you have to end up freezing the system keyboard in Titanium Backup or Swiftkey will not stay as the default keyboard app. This happened to me with Baked as well.

You mentioned earlier that you use greenify. I use Swype, and if I set greenify to hibernate it, it reverts to the default keyboard by itself. Excluding Swype from greenify's list solved the problem.

Reactions: ArtfulDodger

boozeLee

Jul 6, 2012

weird, i didn't have that issue in baked or this rom, swift remains the default keyboard through reboots for me. swiftkey is always one of the first apps i install when i switch roms, so i def woulda noticed if it wasn't sticking.

This is really the best, fastest, and smoothest 4.2 ROM for this device, even without OC. Excellent job!!!

I do find three places which will FC:
1. Settings -> Lock Screen
2. Settings -> Storage
3. Settings -> Sound -> Quiet Hours

But even with those FC's, I will still stick with this ROM as I simply love it! Thanks, again!
settings don't FC for me when i go to lock screen or storage, but it does when i click on the quiet hours. it's a function i've never used before, so i wouldn't have noticed if radium didn't mention it.

camcory

Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
weird, i didn't have that issue in baked or this rom, swift remains the default keyboard through reboots for me. swiftkey is always one of the first apps i install when i switch roms, so i def woulda noticed if it wasn't sticking.

settings don't FC for me when i go to lock screen or storage, but it does when i click on the quiet hours. it's a function i've never used before, so i wouldn't have noticed if radium didn't mention it.

I do not have the lockscreen issues either but I have found the quiet hours issue. Also brought in some settings for back button longpress

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM 4.2] AOIP Team Insomnia 6/3/13 [Linaro 4.7]

Original OP
    Lol yep. This is a great rom. I was just wondering if the devs had some new goodies for us... I think its been 2 weeks. Lol

I have started back to work on it today hopefully some good things will be coming soon!
    Well I hate to say it but I think my work here is finished. To much time on the computer and not with the family. So if there is someone out there that would like to continue the project and keep it alive PM and Ill try to help any way I can.
    641-about-png

Android Open Insomnia Project or AOIP is an aftermarket firmware based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones. Do not ask for etas and no feature request. This rom is still in its baby stage and we are working on adding everything we think should be added.

648-features-png

-Built with Linaro Toolchain
    -Kernel Version 3.4.63
    -Pie Controls (slimPie)
    -Custom Quick Settings
    -Recents Ram Bar
    -Custom Status Bar Tweaks
    -Mms Theme Settings
    -Widgets Viewpager
    -Ability to Change DPI on the Fly
    -Notification Drawer Shortcuts
    -many many more

645-directions-png

DOWNLOAD ROM
    MOVE TO SDCARD
    BOOT INTO RECOVERY
    MAKE NANDROID
    WIPE EVERYTHING
    FLASH ROM
    FLASH GAPPS
    REBOOT & ENJOY

Aoip 2.0 (4.3) alpha 10/05/13
    Download
    Changes :
    Added :
    Pie
    Volume Wake
    Widgets Viewpager
    StatusBar Auto Hide
    StatusBar Quick Peak
    Home,Back button rebind
    Custom Shortcut Quick Tile (Credits Slim)

Gesture security (Credits ChameleonOS)

Fixed font sizes
    Kernel 3.4.63
    Reworked some menus
    Fixed PW Airplane Mode
    Using Slims Camera source which has option for internal or external saves

Aoip 2.0 (4.3) alpha 9/26/13
    Download

4.3 GAPPS DOWNLOAD HERE

8/10/13 DOWNLOAD

8/3/13 DOWNLOAD
    Addon for touchkey settings flash in recovery

6/3 DOWNLOAD

5/18 DOWNLOAD

4.2 GAPPS DOWNLOAD HERE

Kernels for 4.2 ONLY!

3.4.63 OC undervolt high memory with whitescreen fix
    Download

643-changelog-png

9/26
    First release of 2.0 (4.3)
    Features 3.4.62 kernel with reverts for battery but also includes keffs fix for white screen (Thanks to jfbs for pointing it out)
    Some themeing to mms,calendar,contacts
    Please point out bugs to squash Thanks to everyone for the input.

8/10
    Fix Battery icon/percent
    Add master halo switch
    Default listview animations to off
    Fix dark text on dark background in email

8/3
    Additions:
    Expand desktop with statusbar quick peek
    Halo
    Appbar
    Listview animations
    Trebuchet stuff - Remove Dock and Gestures

6/3
    -Added more Features
    -Updated kernel
    -Fix Lockscreen Off Center Issue

5/18
    -Initial Release

649-knownbugs-png

-None as I know of

644-credits-png

cm
    smartguy044
    flappjaxx
    tim1928
    arco
    look in about aoip section in rom for more
    many more that i know i forgot

652-sourcecode-png

*KERNEL SOURCE HERE*

DISCLAIMER: YOU KNOW THE RISK OF FLASHING. TEAM INSOMNIA & MYSELF TAKE NO CREDIT IN WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

Please lets keep this thread clean of multiple off-topic posts the occational is ok but if a conversation on a topic needs discussion try to pm that matter. Thanks for the cooperation.

2.0 !

Ok first release for 2.0 (4.3) is up in op. Thanks to everyone for reporting bugs I will continue to add some things from previous version in the near future.

Edit here is overnight . I leave airplane mode on because i dont have a sim so this is just an idea of sleep drain.