58 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By keithman2567, Member on 14th December 2013, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th December 2013, 10:08 AM |#51  
OP Member

More
Yea sorry. I fell asleep really early. Yes I erased recovery first.. And if I cat process/emmc it has the same list as your guide. The only reason I was pushing cwm was because it was different that the corrupt one on there. So I would know if it changed.

17th December 2013, 03:28 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithman2567

Yea sorry. I fell asleep really early. Yes I erased recovery first.. And if I cat process/emmc it has the same list as your guide. The only reason I was pushing cwm was because it was different that the corrupt one on there. So I would know if it changed.

Short of erasing and reformatting all of your partitions (basically, rebuilding your partition table; which still doesn't guarantee a fix if the emmc is bad or corrupted), sending it in seems inevitable.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th December 2013, 04:57 PM |#53  
OP Member

More
Yea I sent it to mobile tech videos this for JTAG. The tech said that if it is an emmc chip they can try to replace, but that process for my phone is still in beta testing. And that they haven't successfully done it yet. I think. It's just there way of saying they have never done it on my phone. I'll reply back when they tell my what's going on. Thank you again for all you time and help.
17th December 2013, 05:34 PM |#54  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yea I sent it to mobile tech videos this for JTAG. The tech said that if it is an emmc chip they can try to replace, but that process for my phone is still in beta testing. And that they haven't successfully done it yet. I think. It's just there way of saying they have never done it on my phone. I'll reply back when they tell my what's going on. Thank you again for all you time and help.

Just use the thanks button... that's what it's there for! And you're welcome. Sorry we couldn't "cheaply" resolve your issue. If it comes back as irrepairable I may be interseted in it, for experimental purposes. I've been learning about partitioning these little guys but am too yella to try on my own device!
The Following User Says Thank You to Black!Jack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Black!Jack Ad-Free
17th December 2013, 06:35 PM |#55  
OP Member

More
It's OK I only paid 50 for it plus 50 for the JTAG. I'm just happy to finally get a device with a fully functional cm running on it.
2nd January 2014, 07:02 PM |#56  
OP Member

More
Just an update. I got a call from mobile tech videos today. They said that after the JTAG they where still unable to write to the phone and the only option is to replace the whole logic board. Which im prob going to do.
3rd January 2014, 05:17 AM |#57  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just an update. I got a call from mobile tech videos today. They said that after the JTAG they where still unable to write to the phone and the only option is to replace the whole logic board. Which im prob going to do.

Wow, that sucks. Someone really did a number on that device. They probably screwed up the firmware update you said was on the sdcard. Flashing firmware can be dangerous done carelessly.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd January 2014, 03:37 PM |#58  
OP Member

More
Yup. At least I know this phone inside out now. And what not to do with it.
31st January 2014, 08:26 PM |#59  
OP Member

More
Just wanted to say thanks again. I finally got the phone back. I have it soffd and running bean stalk 4.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)