Xperia Z1 Compact - Replacement Parts list + Tutorials

Search This thread

Be.Hold

Aug 1, 2015
Does anybody know how to:
a) recognise a genuine LCD assembly?
b) whether there actually is something like a genuine aftermarket LCD assembly?

Some sellers claim to sell an original part for a higher price than the so called Chinese fakes. Is there anyone who had its screen replaced with a cheap display from China who checked the panel manufacturer? It is known they originally shipped with two versions, AUO and JDI.

I mean, is it even worth it paying more for a so called "genuine" part or are they all the same? I can see some differences in the flex cables but how many factories can there be that produce these things?

Jackhass

Sep 5, 2015
Does anybody know how to:
a) recognise a genuine LCD assembly?
b) whether there actually is something like a genuine aftermarket LCD assembly?

Some sellers claim to sell an original part for a higher price than the so called Chinese fakes. Is there anyone who had its screen replaced with a cheap display from China who checked the panel manufacturer? It is known they originally shipped with two versions, AUO and JDI.

I mean, is it even worth it paying more for a so called "genuine" part or are they all the same? I can see some differences in the flex cables but how many factories can there be that produce these things?

Using this post, it appeared that my first screen was a JDI and it had the black component that you can see here :
513067JDI.png
I bought a replace sreen on ebay for ~40€, and its flex cable is like this one :
698385AUO.png

It turns out that this new screen is an AUO.

However, I can't say if this is enough to ensure that this screen is an original one. Compared to my previous screen, there is a few light leakages which are particularly noticeable on a black content.
787490WP20150913135722Pro.jpg

This "issue" is not really troublesome, and the touch screen works perfectly.
It has the Sony logo but I can't manage to say if it has an ASF or not.

redijia

Feb 4, 2011
Replacing Z1C Battery

Hi,

Is it advisable to replace the Z1C's battery with the Z3C's battery? I've been looking around but can't seem to find any answers.

phil18

May 22, 2011
hi folks

I cracked my bottom speaker grill. Many resellers have it

http://rounded.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact-d5503-deco-cover-black-for-speaker-grill.html

but how it's hooked to the main frame? If it's simple it's definetely a go, if I have to disassembly the whole phone is definitely a no-go :( thanks, no teardown video was useful for now

I think it's possible to remove the speaker grill without disassembly the whole phone. Here are some pictures where you can see the back of the grill:

http://stellatech.com/sony-xperia-z...om-cover-speaker-grill-black,a,en,816076.html

The grill is glued with adhesive tape. It seems the grill is fitting perfect, so it should be possible. There are also problems with z1, some speaker grills fell off.

einfachgaer

I think it's possible to remove the speaker grill without disassembly the whole phone. Here are some pictures where you can see the back of the grill:

http://stellatech.com/sony-xperia-z...om-cover-speaker-grill-black,a,en,816076.html

The grill is glued with adhesive tape. It seems the grill is fitting perfect, so it should be possible. There are also problems with z1, some speaker grills fell off.

I had the same thing, the speaker grill was sliding off, as if the glue got more liquid. I think i even bought it from the same as liked above.
When you remove the grill, which is quite easy, you will see two holes, one for the speaker and one for mic. Just clean the rest of the glue and put the new one in.

But I didn't put my phone in water since then, and I'm not gonna since its already nearly two years old and I don't want to risk it.

Be.Hold

Aug 1, 2015
Using this post, it appeared that my first screen was a JDI and it had the black component that you can see here :

I bought a replace sreen on ebay for ~40€, and its flex cable is like this one :

However, I can't say if this is enough to ensure that this screen is an original one. Compared to my previous screen, there is a few light leakages which are particularly noticeable on a black content.

This "issue" is not really troublesome, and the touch screen works perfectly.
It has the Sony logo but I can't manage to say if it has an ASF or not.

A bit late to reply, but I think your observation is spot on. In fact, I came to the same conclusion shortly after fitting my replacement screen.

For those interested in buying an "original" replacement LCD, if you ask me, just get the cheapest one you can find because there is no such thing as an "original". There can't be too many places manufacturing these things and those sellers who claim to sell a "genuine" or "original" part are just trying to rip you off. I bought mine based on the picture listed in the auction (the JDI one) because it looked the most like my original (the one that actually came installled with the phone) but off course the guy sent me the other part even though I checked beforehand. So much for my research, time well spent. So I paid too much for a screen of inferior quality.

The best thing is, only a week or two afterwards, I accidentaly drop my phone off a night stand while on vacation. Result: broken screen at the top even though it had a tempered glass screen protector applied. Luckily it still works this time but will probably replace it again some time. So much fun. :rolleyes:

lazl0brav0

Oct 18, 2013
I want to replace my battery because of draining issue. Can i open my z1c back part without hairblower or heat gun? Because i dont have any of that heating tools.

Be.Hold

Aug 1, 2015
You could try holding it over an open fire or rubbing it with your hands really quickly untill it heats up. Or put it on the hood of a car at a red light for a while (be sure to pick it off quickly after it turns green though).

But if you mean without heating it up, I don't think so, unless you don't mind breaking the back cover and scratching up your phone in the process. If I were you I'd just buy a cheap hair dryer, the cheapest one should be good enough.

Reactions: lazl0brav0

razzledazzle83

Oct 13, 2013

JDI or AUO doesn't tell you if your display is genuine Sony since the Z1c is delivered with both versoins of the display by Sony itself.
Many people complain about the AUO displays though since they consider them inferior to the JDI ones.
I found this site http://www.parts4repair.com/ searching for spare parts for my broken display and they claim that their parts are original except for if they are labeled OEM. All the original LCDs they sell are AUO but the OEM version (which basically costs the same) is JDI.
So unfortunately if you have a JDI or AUO doesn't tell you anything about your display being genuine or not :/
Still would like to know if there is a way how to distinguish original spare parts from OEM.

jbbandos

May 26, 2010
Brussels
Anyone had to replace the back frame? I am unable to find one with the lower part, which has five contacts for the speaker and something else. Not the speaker per se (that sits on the mainboard) but the piece that is attached to the back enclosure and touches the speaker and three onder contacts.
All back frame I've been able to find are missing that, and that piece was damaged on mine (long story).

Zachary90

Aug 14, 2016
Sugeestions for colour scheme

I plan to replace a fair bit of my phone. It all started when I dropped it and the screen cracked and the frame bent just above the bottom left corner. Replaced the screen just to get my data back but had to leave the frame part be. I could not afford the frame at the service center. But now with spare parts online and a little DIY, I can ^^
Just a few months back the screen cracked again due to the bent in the frame which left the screen constantly wobbling at the bottom left side.
Now my question.. Would it be wise to have the screen which is already black, be with a pink aluminium frame and a yellow back?

LuSiD7

Feb 17, 2013
Athens
I plan to replace a fair bit of my phone. It all started when I dropped it and the screen cracked and the frame bent just above the bottom left corner. Replaced the screen just to get my data back but had to leave the frame part be. I could not afford the frame at the service center. But now with spare parts online and a little DIY, I can ^^
Just a few months back the screen cracked again due to the bent in the frame which left the screen constantly wobbling at the bottom left side.
Now my question.. Would it be wise to have the screen which is already black, be with a pink aluminium frame and a yellow back?

It is a matter of (visual) taste. I, for instance, like my phones black. Yours could be OK if you like fancy colours.
It will surely be different!

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
I've just had to buy a new screen as low and behold the front screen seal had failed on the bottom right side of the screen. I've washed the phone numerous times under the tap to clean it with no issues but this time when I switched the screen back on it had clearly been water damaged so needed a replacement. I'm kicking myself because when I last wiped my phone I noticed it didn't seem to be vibrating right every time I touched the screen, so much so I thought the motor was failing but after this, and using an air gun to blow through the sim slot and seeing where the screen was lifting I realized it must have been the screen vibrating too which is why it seem right before. I'll use the air gun technique in future to check my seals.

Having searched online for a new screen I've come to learn that the only place you're going to get a genuine screen and seal from is Sony themselves?. I also now know from experience that if you get any lifting issues it's because you've not cleaned your frame thoroughly. After I got a new seal and pulled off the screen it was more obvious than before that I hadn't got all the old residue off the frame. Nail polish remover did the trick this time to get it all off and the newly applied seal has now surpassed how long the previous one lasted.

eforfun11

Nov 30, 2017
Shenzhen
www.eforfun.com
All Brand New Sony Repair or Replacement Parts

for me it's a no go.

battery came with faulty connector, the flap is definetely NOT original (different grey). I've got a full refund but they just wasted my time.

Hello Dear,
You can try another site to purchase cell phone repair or replacement parts. Try EForFun to purchase all brand new original cell phone spare parts with factory price including all brand like iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, LG, Motorola, Google, HTC, ZTC, Honor, Huawei, etc.

Thank You:good:

neo-fun

May 13, 2015
Anyone had to replace the back frame? I am unable to find one with the lower part, which has five contacts for the speaker and something else. Not the speaker per se (that sits on the mainboard) but the piece that is attached to the back enclosure and touches the speaker and three onder contacts.
All back frame I've been able to find are missing that, and that piece was damaged on mine (long story).

Did you find a solution for the problem - I also ran into it. The result was phone with a non working speaker.
I didn't find any suitable Back Frame (checked on Amazon and eBay).

Kind regards
Neofun

Top Liked Posts