Ota to 4.4.2 a couple days ago

Search This thread

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
I'll check my wife's Note II when I get home this evening to see if the OTA is available for her device. If so, I'll try to pull the link and post it here.

Downloading 4.4.2 now in PA.

If anyone else get's prompted for the update they should get a hold of lacoursiere18 or someone from the Nebula team before updating so they can help pull it and have the official build & radios for everyone :laugh::good: That's really the only thing I'm interested in from the update is the new radio :D

trestevenson

Oct 21, 2010
If anyone else get's prompted for the update they should get a hold of lacoursiere18 or someone from the Nebula team before updating so they can help pull it and have the official build & radios for everyone :laugh::good: That's really the only thing I'm interested in from the update is the new radio :D

No luck here in Florida. Unavailable. :(

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
So what do we do when we want to upgrade with root? I'm assuming safestrap > flash rooted stock kit Kat that no one has made yet??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

nbock01

Dec 19, 2007
So what do we do when we want to upgrade with root? I'm assuming safestrap > flash rooted stock kit Kat that no one has made yet??

Not sure. But I believe all of the safestrap capable roms utilize same kernel as stock 4.3. If that is the case, there is a good chance that if you are locked bootloader then your only route to kitkat maybe via the ota...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
Okay. Well I'm thoroughly satisfied with 4.3 rooted, nova prime, wanam, and unlimited data haha. So I guess I'll kick it there till the note four. I really want band four with unlimited.

jav_77

Jun 15, 2014
hi, what is the version of firmware that shows me KIES3:
Current firmware version: PDA: MJ9 / PHONE: MJ9 / CSC: MJ9 (VZW)
Latest firmware version: PDA: ND3 / PHONE: ND3 / CSC: ND3 (VZW)

I have a verizon note2 USA, but currently do not live in USA, I can perform the upgrade anyway?

Thank you.

Msmith2004

Jun 26, 2014
I heard that CFAuto root worked on note2 with latest kitkat ND7, maybe you should give it a try.

Intriguing. I will definitely give that a try a report back the results. Fingers crossed. Thanks.:good:

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Intriguing. I will definitely give that a try a report back the results. Fingers crossed. Thanks.:good:

Sadly, no luck. Instant fail in Odin. This new kernel/knox/bootloader is making things look pretty bleak. :crying:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Sadly, no luck. Instant fail in Odin. This new kernel/knox/bootloader is making things look pretty bleak. :crying:

Did you used the correct autoCF package for the note2?

xdtrammell

Nov 1, 2013
Did you used the correct autoCF package for the note2?

Yeah I used this one CF-Auto-Root-t0ltevzw-t0ltevzw-schi605 and it failed right away. According to chain fires site you have to have an unlocked bootloader for it to work.

{QUOTE=http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/]UNLOCK BOOTLOADERS
If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device - with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically "OEM unlock" and wipe your data ![/QUOTE]

funnyperson1

Jul 17, 2007

Towel root should work on this release.

gregor7777

May 3, 2010
So I have a phone that has never been rooted and has accepted the OTA update to 4.4.2.

Is it true that there is no current way to get root on this phone?

RonMan811

Nov 17, 2008
McHenry County, IL
We're in the same boat........

So I have a phone that has never been rooted and has accepted the OTA update to 4.4.2.

Is it true that there is no current way to get root on this phone?

Hate to say it but I am in the same predicament as you. Originally, I was not planning to root or change ROMs on my Verizon Note 2 (SCH-i605) but a few days ago, I was successful loading CyanogenMod 11 on a Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535) which was rooted and running Android 4.2.2 and I love it totally!! Because of that, I now want to do the same with my Verizon Note 2 but found out it is running 4.4.2.

I've read a fair amount of information about what can and can't be done and to me, it's all quite confusing. At this point, I have the same thought as you.....that it cannot be done.

One thought that I've yet to get an answer to is: if I do a factory reset (from the Note 2's settings menu), will it go back to what it was when I bought it which was version 4.1 or 4.2 (which is what I want) or,.......will it go back to a cleaned up version of the 4.4.2 which it's on now. I have yet to find the answer but have a gut feeling that it will go back to a cleaned up 4.4.2 which will do nothing for me.

I will be watching this thread to see what responses are posted to your question. Best of luck to both of us.

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
....One thought that I've yet to get an answer to is: if I do a factory reset (from the Note 2's settings menu), will it go back to what it was when I bought it which was version 4.1 or 4.2 (which is what I want) or,.......will it go back to a cleaned up version of the 4.4.2 which it's on now. I have yet to find the answer but have a gut feeling that it will go back to a cleaned up 4.4.2 which will do nothing for me.....

Yes. A factory reset will only reset your phone to the current version you're on.... so since you're on 4.4.2, it would just reset everything to factory settings on that stock build version. As far as I can tell, if you are currently on 4.4.2 on the SCH-I605, there's really no easy "do it yourself" root method or way to unlock your bootloader at this time. There's a company called mobiletechvideos that may be able to downgrade your phone back to 4.1.2... you might want to research that as an option. I believe they charge around $75.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: RonMan811

Top Liked Posts