Unrevoked One Step Root (Evo & Hero)

Search This thread

Akulamenuri

Jan 17, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I did the OTA update earlier in the day and I just use the unrevoked root method a few minutes ago and it worked just fine. I rebooted the phone and I still have root. Good stuff

sph33r

Jun 28, 2007
Detroit, MI
Just got done with RUU + OTA and then using Unrevoked. Wow.. so simple. I know it's not quite the same as having a custom recovery and being able to flash roms on it, but that will come with time. I'm just happy the programs I need to work are working.

justinisyoung

Nov 25, 2009
CA
Just got done with RUU + OTA and then using Unrevoked. Wow.. so simple. I know it's not quite the same as having a custom recovery and being able to flash roms on it, but that will come with time. I'm just happy the programs I need to work are working.

i'm pretty sure that after you use the unrevoked apk to get root, you can use flash_image to flash a custom recovery.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Can you uninstall the apps from Android instead of Recovery like the old version? Thanks

th3b055

Feb 24, 2009
San Antonio
i would really like to know if this OTA update breaks the unrevoked root or not? can someone please confirm or deny or should i just do it myself and report the findings?

"OTA clarification: Hero CDMA users DO NOT install OTA (or roll it back). EVO 4G users CAN install the OTA. If in doubt, ask!
about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone"

Taken from:
http://twitter.com/unrevoked

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009