[DFT] Freedom ROM for Samsung OMNIA 7 V1

Search This thread

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
It detected my Omnia 7 and later throwed up an error (which i dont remember). After that phone just went dead.
Why you didn't note the error? :(

Try to flash stock ROM to your phone.
Remove battery, insert battery, run stock samsung application and flash full stock rom. it should work.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
and another bug I think :

usb zune works but wifi sync don't work on this rom
and the diag app can't be installed

but mwang :) I have to say you did a really good jop for a first release :)

thank you for this rom.

Greetings Cees.

panzercool

Sep 12, 2008
Why you didn't note the error? :(

Try to flash stock ROM to your phone.
Remove battery, insert battery, run stock samsung application and flash full stock rom. it should work.

Sorry about not noting down the error :eek: (it was something about write fail i guess)

The problem is after the failed flashing, the phone is not booting up. There is nothing coming up on the screen, cant get to the download mode too. :(

BTW i had the KK2 firmware when i tried flashing.

Any ideas please !

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Great goodness me !!!:eek:

I connected it to my PC and WP7 downloader was able to detect my phone on port 8

Amazing !! flashing with JK1 ROM now. will let u know how it goes !!!:)

Thanks a ton ! Cotulla

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I'm on DFT Freedom ROM now !! This is great (going from almost bricked to DFT !!! ):D

Thanks a ton again !!! :D

Jonage

Apr 7, 2007
Jablonec nad Nisou
Hey there, I´m new to WP, and to flashing WP too...

My questions for this rom:

Will I be able to update using Zune sofrware?
What are the steps of the safe instalation?

My device running Original T-mobile branded rom, updated to Mango, is it ok to install?
What does it mean "Do not apply Samsung FOTA updates"??

Thanks for the answers

Last edited:

BellPego

Oct 21, 2008
Lisboa
In the Omnia 7 DFT rom i lost all my friends in xbox360 section, and i cant search for it.
That's temporarily broken in XBox Live not the ROMs fault.. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

For people with the Zune relock issue I found solution...

Open the Registry Editor on your phone. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > DeviceReg.
Now scroll to PortalUrlInt, remove its value data and save it. Do the same with PortalUrlProd. Both entries should now be "empty" (but not deleted!).

Original post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1143999

DarthSandmann

Oct 29, 2009
Duisburg

Open the Registry Editor on your phone. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > DeviceReg.
Now scroll to PortalUrlInt, remove its value data and save it. Do the same with PortalUrlProd. Both entries should now be "empty" (but not deleted!).

Thank you!!! This worked for me and everything is fine now!
Wonderful to have a fully working modded firmware on the omnia 7 :D

Last edited:

Osso17

Jan 6, 2012
Brianza (LC)
I have two little problem:

1 Advanced Configuration Tool don't work (riceve error OutOfMemoryException)
2 i can't install Diagnosis from xap or by ##634#

Last edited:

Omnia7xdax

Jul 29, 2011
Orsfeld
So works now all over fine for me,would only be nice to add any possibility to change bootscreen logo,dft.chinesestuff is not so prefered by me:eek:

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
So works now all over fine for me,would only be nice to add any possibility to change bootscreen logo,dft.chinesestuff is not so prefered by me:eek:

I think in this instance it's preferable to leave it be as respect to DFT for their hard work mate :) There are more important things to fix and do!

BellPego

Oct 21, 2008
Lisboa
I have two little problem:

1 Advanced Configuration Tool don't work (riceve error OutOfMemoryException)
2 i can't install Diagnosis from xap or by ##634#
Diagnostics is an issue.. But you can just download the xap and deploy it..

I also get that message in Advanced Config but I press ok and it loads..

Osso17

Jan 6, 2012
Brianza (LC)
Diagnostics is an issue.. But you can just download the xap and deploy it..

I also get that message in Advanced Config but I press ok and it loads..

When i lnstall diagnosis xap riceve an error:
Application installation failed. Signature of the XAP package or WP manifest file invalid. A signature valid and correct the manifest file

How can i solved it?

panzercool

Sep 12, 2008

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

This worked for me !! :)

But you have to do this BEFORE you connect to Zune

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DFT Freedom ROM for Samsung OMNIA 7 V1

ROM Version: DFT Freedom ROM for Samsung OMNIA 7 V1

SYS Languages: USA/CHT/CHS/JPN/KOR/ENG/FRA/ITA/GER/ESN/HUN/CSY/PLK/NLD/DAN/FIN/NOR/SVE/PTB/PTG/RUS/ELL

DFT Chef Team: mwang@DF

Release Date: Feb.07,2012

Device model: Samsung OMNIA 7 (GT-i8700)

Driver Version: 2424.11.11.2

SYS Version: 7.10.8107.79

Features

1 Replace Samsung NOWHUB to HTC HUB,add ,Registry editor & Bazaar
    2 Combine 15 Ringtone from Samsung's Operator and 15 wallpaper from Samsung/HTC,remove some operator's software
    3 Few tweaks ,DFT FullUnlock support XAP IE download and install,full play XBL games
    4 Add "never,15,30" option to Lockscreen screen time-out,ISharing,Static MAC Address,3G or E option
    5 Add Dark Goldenrod,Crimson,Navy,Chinese Red,,Golden 5 accents ,CurrentAccent-Chinese Red for celebrate Chinese New Year
    6 New DFT "У*ґє(welcome spring)"for 2nd boot screen,Happy New Year wallaper for lock screen
    7 Knew isuue with TouchXplorer

Important Note

1 You must have DFT's MAGLDR installed on your device & Samsung device driver in your PC
    Link to MAGLDR installer thread
    2 Flash custom ROM always has a risk, be careful!
    3 Before doing anything, make sure you have more than 50% battery!
    4 Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Disclaimer: This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Distribution

You are free to distribe this ROM after 8days of release date except freindship forum of DFT which allow to distribe after 5 days of release,but only WITH LINK to official source
    Under official source I am considering this thread on DFT
    This ROM NOT allow for commercial use also NOT allow xda.cn forum,nduoo forum to distribe or use this ROM
    You must NOT use any components from this ROM if you need free feel PM to me for permission
    I will collect feedback for the future development/improvements of this ROM series
    Please respect our work!

Download link

Special thanks

DFT developer team member - bepe,Cotulla,mamaich.....
    HD2Owner his hard working art work
    Julien Schapman for registry editor applications
    Lidan and Ofir Windows Phone Bazaar - Alternating Windows Phone Marketplace

Happy Chinese New Year and Welcome Year of Gold Dragon!!
    Please note, this ROM was cooked by mwang, I only posted release on XDA.
    When i lnstall diagnosis xap riceve an error:
    Application installation failed. Signature of the XAP package or WP manifest file invalid. A signature valid and correct the manifest file

How can i solved it?

First you have to patch the .xap file...

Edit:

Forget to make provxml operations via diagnosis app, because the rom contains the latest Samsung update (=> allshare app is working).
    This means for file operations use WP7 Root Tools 0.8, for registry edits WP7 Root Tools 0.8 or the cooked in registry editor....
    In the Omnia 7 DFT rom i lost all my friends in xbox360 section, and i cant search for it.

Found a solution for the phone relocking...