Frequently Asked Questions

Search This thread

Royal King

Apr 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
As people are making multiple threads about the same thing again and again, I decided to make one thread for FAQ.

--------------------------------------------------------

Q) Can I root my phone?
A- Yes, only if you have S-OFF

Q) How do I get S-OFF on my phone?

A- Please visit htcdev to start unlocking your phone!

Q) How much internal memory does HTC Wildfire S have?

A- 150 MB.

Q) Is Flash supported on my phone?

A- Answer is both, yes and no. Full Flash is not supported but a few chinese developers have made a "lite" version for ARMv6 devices i.e; Wildfire S

Q) I'm having problem with Sync. It doesn't work!

A- Keep your internal memory more than 15 MB. Only then it'll work.

Q) My battery life is very bad. What to do?

A- You should buy a new battery. Not from HTC but from some other site(s). Try Mugen Power batteries or buy one from eBay if you don't wish to spend $47 on a battery.

Did I miss something? Let me know. I'll add/fix it instantly
:D

Last edited:

tlkh

Aug 12, 2010
titaniiiium.6te.net
The Wildfire S has only 128MB of Internal Memory?
Both HTC and GSMarena state the Wildfire S as having 512MB of ROM. So unless ROM different from internal memory... :/

G

GuestK00121

Battery saving tips

I currently have Juice Defender and Advance Task Killer running, are these the best app to use to keep battery and performance at a optimal level?

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
Full flash is supported. I have it on my Wildfire S. It's just not available on the market.

Well you see I too was able to install flash 10.3 but when opened whatismyflash.com flash version that it showed was 10.1(as it was before installing).The flash lite provided by HTC emulates flash 10.1 to some extent.I tried running Farmville but after loading it said "insufficient memory"

Royal King

Apr 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

uhhman

Jul 21, 2011
Maybe you can add the link to the post describing how to root,and one on how to flash a ROM. ;)

uhhman

Jul 21, 2011
I think is a question that is frequently asked,so would make sense in a faq..about how to flash I've not yet found how to do it properly..(what to back up with titanium backup,wise SD or not..etc)..and I think once you root (as I recently did with the clip of another forum user) the next step is flashing a ROM with larger amount of free memory..I assume the above is common need of all average wildfire s users..we all struggle with low internal memory..

RaihanH

Apr 24, 2011
can the wildfire s be overclocked/underclocked ? if yes then what are the max and minimum frequencies ?

im thinking about switching from my ideos to wildfire s .... getting a good deal on it.

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
Other carriers

If the Wildfire S gets S-OFF, does this mean it can be used on other GSM carriers with the same bands (T-Mobile and AT&T). Or would a new ROM accompanying S-OFF be necessary as well? Or is it carrier locked if not purchased unlocked?

I really did search this Wildfire S forum for att and at&t! No hits, probably just a massive n00b question.

jikantaru

Jun 20, 2011
S-OFF unlocks all, just like in a pc your an administrator not a guest account or S-ON.

and yes you can use different networks. if you use an xtc clip.

example you bought unlock code, and it unlocks but some phones, even unlocked with unlock code there is no signal.
so better use xtc clip to be sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdmower

iximedaixi

Sep 21, 2011
Cairo
Flash support on htc wildfire s

i need some more infromation on getting a full flash support how to download and install stuff like that as i've been getting this annoying yellow triangle saying flash not supported soooo any ideas !! ?

thx in advance

logout20

Oct 9, 2011
there is no point to install "task killed kind of" app..android automatically restarts those killed app...instead of that to to settings-applications -manage apps- running services .and you can stop the services manually ..instead of installing talk kiillers..try ES TASK MANAGER...it has a cache cleaner(cleans cache from all the apps simultaneously),task killer(if u don't wanna use above process) and many other useful tools ...

wasousky

Oct 9, 2011
One question, its our battery worse than of the htc desire s, for example? With our screen and our processor, there are no problem, no? I'm thinking about buy mugen battery...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As people are making multiple threads about the same thing again and again, I decided to make one thread for FAQ.

Q) Can I root my phone?

Q) How do I get S-OFF on my phone?

A- Please visit htcdev to start unlocking your phone!

Q) How much internal memory does HTC Wildfire S have?

A- 150 MB.

Q) Is Flash supported on my phone?

A- Answer is both, yes and no. Full Flash is not supported but a few chinese developers have made a "lite" version for ARMv6 devices i.e; Wildfire S

Q) I'm having problem with Sync. It doesn't work!

A- Keep your internal memory more than 15 MB. Only then it'll work.

Q) My battery life is very bad. What to do?

A- You should buy a new battery. Not from HTC but from some other site(s). Try Mugen Power batteries or buy one from eBay if you don't wish to spend $47 on a battery.

Did I miss something? Let me know. I'll add/fix it instantly
    :D
    [SOLVED] battery drain issue

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hello everyone who is experiencing really massive battery drain on wildfire S.

Symptoms:
    1. you own wildfire S
    2. in battery stats the "dialer" is on top (eg. 97%)
    3. you have made a call recently
    4. experiencing battery drain about 30-50% per hour.

Cause:
    Maybe it really surprises you (or your girlfriend:rolleyes:), but you are most probably making a phone call. The new wildfire's dialer is just a bit crappy. When you dial a number and then want to hang up, you have to do it by correct button (the red "hang-up" button). There is also a possibility to "terminate the call" by pressing the "back" button on the bottom, but in this case your call is not terminated at all, but dialer is running now in the background. The nice example is when you are calling a buddy and then you hang-up(using back button) after you realized that you are being redirected to voicemail. By doing this you are still talking to a voicemail for a period of time until the call is terminated automatically by that particular carrier.

Solution:
    Use the red button to terminate the phone call. Check the logs and you will see if this is your case.

If you find this post helping to you, just say "Thanks" :) ---->
    "You should by a new batter" It should be battery. :D
    Error in FAQ

Q) Can I root my phone?

That is not true.

I (and MANY others) are enjoying a rooted phone (and custom ROM, etc.) with an S-ON HTC Wildfire S.

S-OFF is NOT a requirement for root.
    How can I know if my wildfire s is S-ON or S-OFF ?
    Go to Settings > Power > Disable Fast Boot.

Turn off the phone, then turn it on again with the power button but hold the volume down button at the same time.

This is recovery mode. It should say it at the top of the screen.