[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xBlackDroid

Aug 5, 2011
Buffalo
Since Build 47, and Gapps 4.0.3_v103, i cant use the calendar, i dont see de app or widget... but i've on /system/app

What the problem!?

liftman-

Nov 19, 2011
my usb thumb drive (fat32) automounts and flashes a message. I have plug in and unplug without umounting 10 times in a row with np.
I'm on a factory wipe with latest everthing.
I do not have usb mass storage watcher installed (reboot if you uninstall it).<<< maybe a conflict?
it mounts in /media/usb as shown in esfile explorer.
I do not have my 500 gig wd passport to try.
I haven't tried any different file systems either.

Last edited:

RampageRR

Mar 24, 2011
DC/MD/VA
Check through OWA on your pc under Setting and Mobile or Phone how many devices you have. Flashing custom roms can result in Exchange treating your phone as a different device each time, exceeding the maximum number of allowed devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

This is correct. Happened to me earlier this month. Between my phone and the Xoom, I had exceeded the maximum account limit. Just go in and delete all but the current rom. Exchange should work fine then.

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
my usb thumb drive (fat32) automounts and flashes a message. I have plug in and unplug without umounting 10 times in a row with np.
I'm on a factory wipe with latest everthing.
I do not have usb mass storage watcher installed (reboot if you uninstall it).<<< maybe a conflict?
it mounts in /media/usb as shown in esfile explorer.
I do not have my 500 gig wd passport to try.
I haven't tried any different file systems either.

Yea, I have never had a problem with USB thumb drives, just with my Seagate USB hdd. I tried uninstalling USB MSW but it didn't help. I use ESFile explorer but have never tried root explorer, might be worth a try if i knew it would work.

Torqd505

Jul 2, 2007
Kansas City
Yea, I have never had a problem with USB thumb drives, just with my Seagate USB hdd. I tried uninstalling USB MSW but it didn't help. I use ESFile explorer but have never tried root explorer, might be worth a try if i knew it would work.
I am sorry I did not include all the information in my original post. My usb thumb drive was formatted in ntfs. Once I changed it to fat32 it auto mounts in /media no problem.

SQurel23

Jun 28, 2010
Is there any way to update Google Music to the most recent one on the market? Since it's apart of gapps it wont let me update.

liftman-

Nov 19, 2011
I am sorry I did not include all the information in my original post. My usb thumb drive was formatted in ntfs. Once I changed it to fat32 it auto mounts in /media no problem.

ahh ntfs. I saw he added support a while ago but linux and ntfs has always been a pain, flakey, slow write ............
I need to format one to ext4 and try.

on a clean current eos install.
on a cheap ass thumb drivewith moto usb
ext2 - no automount :confused:
ext3 - no automount :confused:
ext4 - no automount :confused:
fat16 - mounted with message, unmounted thru storage in settings full r/w :)
fat32 - mounted with message, unmounted thru storage in settings full r/w :)
ntfs - mounted with message, unmounted thru storage in settings full r/w :)
would test my wd passport but its a wii drive now and I don't want to redo.

Last edited:

davidmcw

Aug 17, 2010
Nothing... in this moment i install the build 49 with the Gapps 10.4 and nothing i cant use the calendar app or widget

I had a problem with 34. I nandroided back to my good 43. After a few days, I flashed 49 with new gapps 10.4, and all is well.

Did you 1) go into recovery and wipe dalvik and cache, 2) install nightly, 3) wipe dalvik and cache, 4) install gapps, 5) reboot? If so, wait until the next gapps and try it then. Not ideal, but worked for me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

tifford

Jul 14, 2011
birmingham
I'm on nightly 43 with gapps 10.3 right now (currently downloading 49 w 10.4) and I can't get putlocker movies to stream correctly.

It seems to load fine (no errors) and plays the audio, but it just shows a blank white screen. I've tried different build.props with no luck. The only thing that seems to work is going back to my old honeycomb nandroid backup to stream these movies.

Anyone else?

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
ahh ntfs. I saw he added support a while ago but linux and ntfs has always been a pain, flakey, slow write ............
I need to format one to ext4 and try.

on a clean current eos install.
on a cheap ass thumb drivewith moto usb
ext2 - no automount :confused:
ext3 - no automount :confused:
ext4 - no automount :confused:
fat16 - mounted with message, unmounted thru storage in settings full r/w :)
fat32 - mounted with message, unmounted thru storage in settings full r/w :)
ntfs - mounted with message, unmounted thru storage in settings full r/w :)
would test my wd passport but its a wii drive now and I don't want to redo.

Seeing there is no ext support YET it looks like a win to me ;)

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Okay I know someone mentioned this way back... but on build 44 had the battery run to zero when the tab was physically turned off i know because I turn it off once I am finished with it and yesterday I had to make sure because I almost pushed bootloader and not shutdown lol.... Always factory reset between builds, wipe caches nd fix permissions never a problem like this before just an added voice to someone else who brought this up lol

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS XOOM​
    ICS 4.0.4 Wingray MZ604​
    NIGHTLIES​

Welcome to the evolution of TiamatXOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated once every 24 hours and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/wingray/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Use the latest available gapps package available from http://goo.im/gapps

*Note - You will need to re-flash G-Apps after you flash an updated nightly build. You can do this before you reboot after the installation of a new nightly.
    Also note that if you are coming from an earlier G-Apps package you will need to wipe prior to installation of this package in order to avoid FC issues.

--

Current Known Issues:
    This builds is only for the MZ604 Wingray (WiFi XOOM) It does not support data on any GSM or 3G only Xoom

Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving. Change logs are generally generated on a daily basis.
    Change logs can be viewed at http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Tiamat ICS Xoom kernel
    Support for OC;Under/Overvolt
    Governors: lagfree, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance

Kernel Note: In compliance with GPL kernel source can be found at: http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY Honeycomb based rom (this includes all Tiamat roms)

Please note that due to fundamental changes Google has made to the way Android works there are certain issues that cannot be resolved without additional components from Google and the hardware manufacturers.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

FEATURE REQUESTS!
    We need YOU, yes YOU to help us build the best AOSP rom out there. Have an idea for a feature you want to see implemented then let us know!
    Team EOS Feature Request

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

EOS Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the XOOM evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.
    For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

Please note that due to fundamental changes Google has made to the way Android works there are certain issues that cannot be resolved without additional components from Google and the hardware manufacturers.

Also a note on 3G/4G Xooms- You can infact flash and install this rom on 3G/4G xooms. You will not however be able to use the 3G/4G radio. There are new basebands that are needed in order for the 3G/4G radios to be able to communicate with the RIL and until these updated basebands are released we are in a holding pattern for radio connectivity.

Also there are sporadic reports of HDMI partly functioning. Full HDMI functionality is dependent on additional proprietary binaries that Google has not been able to release yet due to licensing issues.

Also, please note that while the current builds are proving to be very stable, and for users that do not use their cellular radio they can be used as a daily driver these are still nightly builds and are subject to constant development. If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors logcats are greatly appreciated as it makes it much easier to track down issues.

Thank you all for your support!

*Updated G-Apps Package*
    The developers working on CM9 have released an updated G-Apps package for 4.0.3 AOSP based builds
    New version is 4.0.3 V8

A Special Thanks goes out to gpstar this G-Apps build

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/54DD4VIXZ6
    MD5: 4a6a7543b025a17f9536eccc4e5afc17
    *Note - Because of changes made to the G-Apps package a wipe will be required if installing this version of G-Apps over a previous G-Apps package in order to avoid FC issues. This version of G-Apps appears to address some of the communications issues that have been plaguing Google services on AOSP builds.

Bug Reporting:
    As you test out the platform and you discover bugs please report them to:

https://bugs.teameos.org/

A couple of notes about bug reporting. If it is an application issue (IE a particular game generates FC errors) please do not report it. There is nothing that we can do about specific application issues.

If you do report an error please, Please, PLEASE include logcats showing the errors. It is often time difficult if not impossible to replicate errors and logcats make resolving issues much much easier. Please feel free to add the logcats as attachments to the bug report.

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

Eos Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Thank you again for your continued support of Team EOS!
    I think it will, or something like it. It (true multitasking) seems like the future of Android, and our EOS developers will make sure it works for the Xoom. I think the version we had in build #67 almost worked...we're just about there.

Ya I'm certain it will. We just gotta dig through the code some. You guys may have noticed the change log slowed down a bit. Its called burn out. Our build is pure aosp and our (mostly solarnz 's) commits. Unlike cyanogenmod, who has around 170 maintainers, we count our maintainers on 1 hand. We don't pull commits from all over and call it a new rom. We don't kang. Our build is organic from the ground up. Also, the xoom builds are built by two guys who have been in the xoom game from DAY 1, when we had no source and nobody else wanted to touch Honeycomb. Just thought I'd throw that out there.:D
    This was originally posted in the Stingray thread in response to the issue of the leaked sbf that appeared yesterday.
    --
    The sbf in question that has been released comes from points unknown. There is no way of truly verifying its orgins or its integrity. Use extreme caution if you choose to flash this sbf as there is no way of knowing what changes if any have been made. We have chosen to use only what is absolutely necessary out of this release and even what we have chosen to use has been tested by our own infosec people.

Yes this may sound paranoid, however when it comes to my personnel data and what we put our name on for the community we are extremely cautious as to ensure the safety and security of all who choose to use these builds. I would much prefer to err on the side of caution then to put any of you at unnecessary risk.

Build IML77 for the MZ604 (Wingray) - this is the official ICS OTA that is being pushed out for the soak test prior to general release. I can now say that we have this build in house and are working on it.

That and...

It's about damn time Motorola released this!