[Q] Is this one x just gone for good?

Search This thread

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Hello, I'm new to this form. Okay so today I traded my galaxy note 1. For a nexus 4 and an HTC one x. I was really excited to see the one x for the first time. The one x is with AT&T. When I took it home and plugged it in the charger the red light on started to flash which I think means the battery doesn't have enough power yet, so I waited until it would be steady. But when I looked at it after about 10mins or so, there was no light at all. Unplugging and plugging back in didn't work. When plugged in for along time it just keeps flashing red for abit then stops (repeatedly). I can't power it on at all or go into bootloader.. Etc.. I've even tried doing the hold volume up and down with power button for 2 minutes, nothing.. So now I'm just thinking it's defective. But before I sent it to HTC to diagnose it, I wanted to see what you guys think it is and how I can possibly fix it. Now the person I got it from said it needed some kind of jtag fix for $50 but idk what this is at all. I'm just hoping to god it isn't the main board that is damaged. The bottom area where the soft buttons are is cracked but it's not serious. Another thing that I'm not sure is normal, is the power button, it feels very soft when I press on it and I can't feel it click at all htc told me this could be normal cause the newer one series phones had soft power buttons. I thought the power button was the issue, but the phone won't even charge. The most I've left it plugged it was about less than an hour, I also saw people saying if you plug it in a computer it can fix it, but Idk how that will solve the issue, I will be going to a friends in the morning to try that though. Anyways that's about all.. I hope that someone can help me with this, and If I can fix it I will be sooo happy! Before I go to bed I will leave it plugged in all night to see what happens. Thanks.

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Seems that way, if it does not turn on after hours on charge. And all button combinations don't work either.....then yeah, nothing you can do really.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Seems that way, if it does not turn on after hours on charge. And all button combinations don't work either.....then yeah, nothing you can do really.

If i send it to htc they will be able to do something to figure out what's wrong right? I mean everything is fixable.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Yes everything is fixable, but it might cost you money. If it's not rooted or custom rommed (locked bootloader) then you have the biggest chance on getting warranty.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Yes everything is fixable, but it might cost you money. If it's not rooted or custom rommed (locked bootloader) then you have the biggest chance on getting warranty.

Hmm. Well is it normal that the power button feels soft and no kind of clicking in it to know weather it is being pressed down or not? Also if the phone is flashing red when charger is plugged in does that mean the port is still okay?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Well mine has a little click when i press it. Can't say for other hoxes, haven't had that many in my hand.

Yeah port is fine, my guess it's a hardware fault. Maybe the battery itself is faulty or the battery circuit is not functioning the way it should

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Well mine has a little click when i press it. Can't say for other hoxes, haven't had that many in my hand.

Yeah port is fine, my guess it's a hardware fault. Maybe the battery itself is faulty or the battery circuit is not functioning the way it should

I've left it plugged in for about 40m and it's just blinking red every 7 or so mins. My power button I'm afraid is broken.. Maybe that's why I can't get any signs that it can turn on or not.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Well the blinking should be static red after a while. Leave it on charge for many hours (8-9) and then try again some button combo's

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Well the blinking should be static red after a while. Leave it on charge for many hours (8-9) and then try again some button combo's

So I plugged it in my computer and it said it was in a download mode. And the guy I got it from said it needed jtag repair. Which I think that's what it is.