FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

2 HTC batteries wired in parallel = 3400?

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By kiserian, Member on 10th August 2011, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2011, 04:53 PM |#21  
Flag york
Thanks Meter: 2

More
We'll keep watching because if done correctly there will be no issues at all. If you ever opened an extended battery up its put together the same way.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

16th August 2011, 08:19 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl8zeone360

I actually have 2 evo 3d batteries soldered together in my phone now and repacked. I've been using for 2 weeks now. I get the best battery life i have ever gotten. I'm a very heavy user. It can last me way over 20 hours with heavy use.
Before this battery I had 2 samsung galaxy s batteries soldered together. They were 1650 mah each. I have been doing this with all my phones for quite some time. You will get better battery life than most of the extended batteries that you can buy out there.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Can you post pictures? I'm really interested in seeing how this is done, and how it looks.
16th August 2011, 08:30 PM |#23  
Flag york
Thanks Meter: 2

More
battery images
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery3.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	690984

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery4.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	690985
This is the one i'm using now. 2 evo 3d batteries.
11th October 2011, 03:00 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did you parallel all 4 prongs together or only + and - ?
19th October 2011, 10:07 PM |#25  
wales
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoggs

Did you parallel all 4 prongs together or only + and - ?

i would also like to know this.

thanks
8th April 2013, 05:07 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Pretty sweet, but where was the soldering done?
8th April 2013, 10:56 AM |#27  
Flag Beaufort, SC
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Nice. Never set limits on yourself.
8th April 2013, 09:12 PM |#28  
Flag Peace
Thanks Meter: 88

More
For all my friends, lol...
I own 3500mah extra battery (yaobao) sigh, yes that chinnese factory, but have good known for their quality. I bought that around $15 USD and get bonus 1 pregnant back chasing LOL. Ive used this for 10months till now.

3 months ago, i see the battery and read notification, "warning, open the battery will be dangerous", but im curious so i open the plastic warp, and i found 2 standard battery bounded with some modification jumper, small PCB board + IC for charging saver. (Photos will upload if i have spare time)

But i think for time and money that you waste for making pararel jumper, proposional size so you can pluged well on phone hole, and 1 pregnant back door, that will cheaper to buy double power battery from china coz i have used it for 10month without any problems.

Sent from my PG86100
23rd July 2016, 03:44 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've done this successfully many times you take the top off of One battery the external the top is a charging controller chip attached to two posts underneath one post next to the center top of the battery the other posts in next to the battery case anywhere I solder two wires from those posts and I attached them underneath the charging control chip of the original battery and then insert the original battery back into the phone with the wires leading from that to the external battery which I then have the wires going out through the case on the back of the phone to the external battery which I have taped with blue painter's tape to the back of the phone I get about 20 hours of talk time at about 90-100 hours of standby time I just can't seem to get the battery monitor widget pro app to correctly calculate the increased capacity also you have to recalibrate the battery files so that the phone knows when the extended battery is fully charged
6th August 2016, 06:31 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditsmasher

I've done this successfully many times you take the top off of One battery the external the top is a charging controller chip attached to two posts underneath one post next to the center top of the battery the other posts in next to the battery case anywhere I solder two wires from those posts and I attached them underneath the charging control chip of the original battery and then insert the original battery back into the phone with the wires leading from that to the external battery which I then have the wires going out through the case on the back of the phone to the external battery which I have taped with blue painter's tape to the back of the phone I get about 20 hours of talk time at about 90-100 hours of standby time I just can't seem to get the battery monitor widget pro app to correctly calculate the increased capacity also you have to recalibrate the battery files so that the phone knows when the extended battery is fully charged

wuld you please post photos?
7th August 2016, 09:42 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
what happens if you solder positive and negative from a tablet battery to the phone battery? i tested that it works.. but... maybe after long use something may get burned , internal circuits or something ???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)