FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ballistic HC vs Otterbox defender

1,658 posts
Thanks Meter: 307

By bmoreboy02, Senior Member on 25th November 2011, 10:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok im no pro at this so im just gona do my best lol. My gf bought me a ballistic case and it arrived today. When people take pics comparing cases it has helped me out in the past so im gona attempt to return the favor.

1) 1st pic is the 2 cases in the packaging. Ballistic is real fancy with theres its almost like buyin a dvd box set lol
2) 2nd pic is the 2 cases front view without extra rubber layer on ballistic
3) 3rd pic is a side view of same 2 cases as 2nd
4) 4th pic is front view of cases with extra rubber layer on ballistic
5) 5th pic is side view of same 2 cases as 4th
6) last 2 pics are of cases in there holdsters

I hope these help people who are deciding if they should buy ballistic. There down to $30 on ebay. It is a little bulkier. Im a slap the ballistic on now and give it a run for its money lol

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bmoreboy02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bmoreboy02 Ad-Free

25th November 2011, 10:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag BALTIMORE MD

More

25th November 2011, 10:47 PM |#3  
Flag Clifton Park
Thanks Meter: 30

More
deff worth the money... ive dropped my evo over 10ft and had it came out perfectly fine, then there was a "test comparison" against someones otterbox and to prove a point i chucked it against the wall... once again undamaged lol
25th November 2011, 11:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag BALTIMORE MD

More
Yea if i had to pick a case to drop off the top of a building lol id go with the ballistic. The cool thing about this case is if you dont need the extra rubber layer you can just take it off

26th November 2011, 12:05 AM |#5  
Flag Clifton Park
Thanks Meter: 30

More
yeah deff a nice perk if you dont feel like rockin the whole set up
26th November 2011, 09:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Nice one thanks for pics, I'm just trying to find someone who will ship to the UK!
Can you comment on - Fit, quality, your impressions of the case?
26th November 2011, 09:36 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag BALTIMORE MD

More
The hardcase alone feels like it will protecr more then the otterbox would. The rubber silicon is alot thicker then otterboxes rubber. The built in screen protector also dosent leave the wet spot things like otterbox dose. I gotta say the thing i like the best is the holster. It dosent have that ugly curled up lip like otterbox which makes it impossible for people like me who like to clip the phone on the inside of there pocket

The Following User Says Thank You to bmoreboy02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bmoreboy02 Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 09:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Just ordered mine! I had an Otterbox for my HD2, but the design was better than the one for the 3VO (no gap at the top of the screen protector) I also have a Trident Kraken II but IMO it sucks, not protective enough, no dust filters and no built in screen protector.
The Ballistic looks to be the level of protection I need for my work and play

I had to get Grey/Black in the end as I couldnt find a Black/Black to ship to the UK for Under £80!!! Just ordered from Ebay £33 delivered - same price as Otter and Kraken. Now gotta wait 10 days... I'll post pics when I get it!!
28th November 2011, 04:06 PM |#9  
Flag Michigan.
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm rocking the Ballistic HC right now, much better quality wise than Otterbox in my opinion.

Honestly, I don't trust any other kind of case on my phone.

Meshing around the speaker ports, which has already saved my phone because I walk in the rain. (COLLEGE KID D
Outer silicone addition is much thicker than Otterbox. (Seconded previous post)
The case itself feels more study than Otterbox.
28th November 2011, 04:21 PM |#10  
Flag Lake Charles,LA
Thanks Meter: 520

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for posting the pix. I have the Otterbox, but have had concerns about the gap at the top of the screen protector and the lack of mesh over the speaker. Ballistic looks like the way to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to guitardoc64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardoc64 Ad-Free
30th November 2011, 02:42 AM |#11  
Flag Anytown, FL
Thanks Meter: 69

More
I had a Ballistic HC for my Evo 4G, it was awesome. I loved it. I ended up recently getting a good deal on a Trident Cyclops II. I love this case. I'm glad I got rid of the Otterbox Defender, the rubber was getting weird.

Anyhow, in my opinion Ballistic and Trident make the best cases on the market and Otterbox falls a bit behind them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)