1,658 posts
Thanks Meter: 307

By bmoreboy02, Senior Member on 25th November 2011, 10:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2011, 02:42 AM |#11  
Flag Anytown, FL
Thanks Meter: 69

More
I had a Ballistic HC for my Evo 4G, it was awesome. I loved it. I ended up recently getting a good deal on a Trident Cyclops II. I love this case. I'm glad I got rid of the Otterbox Defender, the rubber was getting weird.

Anyhow, in my opinion Ballistic and Trident make the best cases on the market and Otterbox falls a bit behind them.

30th November 2011, 03:23 PM |#12  
Flag Greenwood, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I received my Ballistic HC over a week ago.

I like it much better than my Defender. I'm able to use the entire touch screen with the HC, the Defender makes it difficult to get the Q and P on the keyboard, the HC does not.

I broke 2 defender cases, one within the first week, just from wearing it around. I've dropped the HC while on a single story roof, my shingle hammer fell right behind it and landed on it, blade first. It put a small nick in the case under the LEDs. They landed on a concrete slab that was covered in loose shingles.

The only downside, the plastic parts are glossy and show every little scratch.
1st December 2011, 07:08 PM |#13  
Flag Anytown, FL
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night·Fire

I received my Ballistic HC over a week ago.

I like it much better than my Defender. I'm able to use the entire touch screen with the HC, the Defender makes it difficult to get the Q and P on the keyboard, the HC does not.

I broke 2 defender cases, one within the first week, just from wearing it around. I've dropped the HC while on a single story roof, my shingle hammer fell right behind it and landed on it, blade first. It put a small nick in the case under the LEDs. They landed on a concrete slab that was covered in loose shingles.

The only downside, the plastic parts are glossy and show every little scratch.

That's my biggest gripe with the Defender, Otterbox has been doing this for some time, how could they make a case that makes it difficult to touch the edges of the screen? It's not for superior protection because the Ballistic HC and Trident both give you access to more real estate with more protection to boot!
13th December 2011, 06:16 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic1343

That's my biggest gripe with the Defender, Otterbox has been doing this for some time, how could they make a case that makes it difficult to touch the edges of the screen? It's not for superior protection because the Ballistic HC and Trident both give you access to more real estate with more protection to boot!

That's my biggest complaint about the Defender. I hated having to re-learn how to type, just so I could have some peace of mind. Also a good number of people I spoke to on the phone were annoyed by its incessant creaking. I ordered the HC hoping it'd fare better, and I'm glad to hear that screen real-estate is not a problem with this case. Should be here by the end of the week, can't wait!
28th December 2011, 07:06 PM |#15  
Flag Vancouver Island
Thanks Meter: 944

More
This thread sold me on the Ballistic HC! Placed my order today, can't wait for the beast to arrive!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk
29th December 2011, 08:16 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleguy1976

This thread sold me on the Ballistic HC! Placed my order today, can't wait for the beast to arrive!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

You wont regret it, imo it beats defender and trident hands down! Build quality is excellent, holster is brilliant and easy to use and protection is, well, cant get any better

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
29th December 2011, 11:02 PM |#17  
Flag WINTER PARK,FL
Thanks Meter: 201

Donate to Me
More
I love my case it's just what im looking for and guess what it's cheaper than the otter box

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
31st December 2011, 03:44 AM |#18  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,098

More
Ballistic hc case is a bad ass case. The only thing I like about otterbox is there warranty kicks the crap outta ballistic and trident.

I broke the clip on the defender wrote Otter about it sent a pic they sent me a brand new case and holster and let you keep your old case and broken holster.

Trident makes you send your old one in takes about a week for them to check it out and send you a new one.
6th January 2012, 07:25 PM |#19  
Flag Vancouver Island
Thanks Meter: 944

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrix

You wont regret it, imo it beats defender and trident hands down! Build quality is excellent, holster is brilliant and easy to use and protection is, well, cant get any better

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

My HC arrived today!! Felt like Christmas all over again. This thing is a monster, and I like that about it.

Two initial concerns though...

- My Targus stylus is fairly non responsive (anyone have a different type of stylus they use successfully?)

- I'm mildly concerned about the kick stand. I won't be very surprised if it snaps off.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my choice! I can't wait to drop it... By 'accident'

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D GSM using Tapatalk
6th January 2012, 07:41 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag BALTIMORE MD
Thanks Meter: 307

More
That kickstand will popoff quite a bit lol. But it snaps right back on. It only pops off when pulled to hard. I think that was done intentionally to avoid breaking it n half

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
22nd January 2012, 07:18 PM |#21  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

More
anyone know were to get the belt clip i broke mines recently.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)