OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenopapito

SGS2 have this bugs too.
Notifications and phone calls always change to silent.

This might be fixed by enabling these two settings under Menu->Settings->Debug :

Power Aud Foc Off
Unmute Aud Foc Off

These are connected to code that was added to make the app more friendly to notifications. But it appears it's been giving some people problems.

Next release there is one single control "Debug->Audio Focus Off".
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free

13th May 2012, 10:08 AM |#3462  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Of course the Google Play and Paypal version updates are automatic, if desired.

My phone have not updated your app in the past (bought via PAYPAL)... The licence-file have I installed in root of SD and works.
I manually updated spirit-free from this forum and it switch after starting to unlock. How can I enable the automatic update?
Thanks in advance DevilTH
13th May 2012, 10:28 AM |#3463  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTH

My phone have not updated your app in the past (bought via PAYPAL)... The licence-file have I installed in root of SD and works.
I manually updated spirit-free from this forum and it switch after starting to unlock. How can I enable the automatic update?
Thanks in advance DevilTH

I've sent you a PM about Paypal automatic updates.

It's by design that the "Free package" turns into Light or Unlocked capabilities with a license file present.

This might be useful if you want to test Free package versions not yet on Play because I haven't tested them well enough yet. Or you could keep different configurations for testing or whatever.
13th May 2012, 01:56 PM |#3464  
Flag Rostov-on-Don
Thanks Meter: 1

More
works?
This application works for you on bcm4329?
13th May 2012, 06:02 PM |#3465  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVAN-ICE

This application works for you on bcm4329?

Yes.
13th May 2012, 06:11 PM |#3466  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

This might be fixed by enabling these two settings under Menu->Settings->Debug :

Power Aud Foc Off
Unmute Aud Foc Off

These are connected to code that was added to make the app more friendly to notifications. But it appears it's been giving some people problems.

Next release there is one single control "Debug->Audio Focus Off".

No Mike

Chnaging these setting dose nothing me using I9000 and had this problem very annoyed had to reboot the phone after call or notification so uninstalled your app even i had paid for it UL version...but wana a good solution from your...

Please get it fixed.....and make it work like stock FM of sammy.
13th May 2012, 08:26 PM |#3467  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk147in

No Mike

Chnaging these setting dose nothing me using I9000 and had this problem very annoyed had to reboot the phone after call or notification so uninstalled your app even i had paid for it UL version...but wana a good solution from your...

Please get it fixed.....and make it work like stock FM of sammy.

Please remind me, are you running CM9 or which ROM and which version ? And the standard kernel on that ROM ?

And are you using Audio->Method = "Galaxy S ICS better" ? You can try "Galaxy i9003" and see if that helps. If you don't mind the speaker risk you can also try "Galaxy S ICS danger".

I haven't tried my Galaxy S with a phone call in the last few days, but notifications work fine for me. I'll try some phone calls tonight.

Please send me a debug log with Menu->EMail Logs. Sometimes people accidentally set an option that is bad. I've done it sometimes; it's easy when using a touchscreen interface.

As always I offer a refund at any time for any or no reason.

But as always, on supported phones I'd much rather get the app working for you and everyone else with the same situation.

Spirit uses, or can use, the same APIs as the Sammy app, running on the Sammy ROMs or those derived from stock. And on stock or stock derived ROMs the friendliness of the apps towards notifications or phone calls, or anything else audio related, should be pretty much identical.

I think some people lose sight of the fact that CM9 and pretty much every other non-stock ICS ROM is an ongoing "beta project" and that the various nightly or weekly or whatever builds often have bugs or "issues" that are not caused by my app.

Such as the SuperUser bugs. Or the BT bug. Or the normalize bug. Or the various ROMs that misidentify the device. Or the various kernels that don't include the FM driver and require you to enable it somehow.
13th May 2012, 11:49 PM |#3468  

More
I'm sad to report that the delay upon starting Spirit UL has returned. The only solution I've found is a reinstall (from scratch) and that doesn't last for long either.

It's a bit worse now too, about 7 secs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
13th May 2012, 11:56 PM |#3469  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltSpork

I'm sad to report that the delay upon starting Spirit UL has returned. The only solution I've found is a reinstall (from scratch) and that doesn't last for long either.

It's a bit worse now too, about 7 secs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Can you send me a log immediately after you see the problem ? Menu->EMail Logs... it might take longer than the usual 5-20 seconds to get your email client.

If you're on a recent ROM you may need the SuperUser fix:

Ensure Internet is connected. Go to SuperUser app and select Menu, Preferences.

Then select "Su binary whatever, Tap to check for updates".

It will say "Current version already installed".

Ignore that and select "Update anyway".

That should fix the SuperUser bug. I rebooted the phone after to make sure.

The SuperUser bug started as a problem where SU kept popping up 10-20+ times before the app would start. In more recent CM9 nightlies there are no popups, but SU requests take a LONG time.

Please let me know, and send a log.

Thanks !
14th May 2012, 12:43 PM |#3470  

More
Yeah, that did the trick.

I did have the SU bug with lots of requests, but that disappeared seemingly and the delay correlated with an update of the app, as well as an update of CM9. All is well now, I'm a happy customer.
14th May 2012, 07:50 PM |#3471  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk147in

I am using ICS from Caynogen which is CM9 Nigthly with its in build stock kernel nothing flashed besided that except few applications which cannot create any such problem.

Also i had never tried Audio->Method = "Galaxy S ICS better" ? OR"Galaxy i9003" as it was not available in the last version i used of Spirit FM UL. Can I try it withour any fear of speaker risk as in past i tried Galaxy S ALSA and also the danger one and suprisingly the speaker is fine.

With CM9 on May 10 nightly I am having no problems with phone calls or notifications, using the last released May11 version of Spirit.

This is with a clean, unchanged install of CM9 and a clean install of Unlocked, with the only change being setting Audio->Method to "Galaxy S ICS better".

With over 20 reports of speaker damage over the last 8 months, only 1 has happened to someone who was running the "danger" method for more than a week or 2. So if you were running it for a while I think the risk is low. Usually it hit people pretty fast. That's why I think it might be related to hardware revision.

I recommend "Galaxy S ICS better" but please read below. The "safer?" method MIGHT be safer, but is pretty definitely safer than "danger".

- "Galaxy S ICS better": New to May 11 and is hopefully safe while providing a good audio experience. It needs to prove itself with no new damage reports for at least 2 weeks I think before I will declare it likely safe.

- "Galaxy S ICS safer?": Seems to be safe or safer. It went for 3 weeks with no damage reports. But audio experience is not too good.

- "Galaxy S ICS danger": Known to have definite speaker risk, but audio experience was better than "safer?". I should remove this in next release because "better" seems to be better and is hopefully safer.

I try to do my best to fix the speaker issues and the audio experience as best I can. And I try to offer the best information I have and advice that I can.

Then you have to decide if you should take the risks, based on the info I provide.

No software is ever bug free or without risks. This goes for any app, any ROM, any kernel. If not speaker risks, then there are risks of other hardware or software failures.

Just as an example, a buggy ROM or even a buggy root app could accidentally wipe out all user data on the SD Card or elsewhere. Or it could "brick" a device.

---
Note that things can change when running the latest nightly ROMs. For example, the CM9 "normalize" bug is back/still there, but the location of the files have moved from a wm8994_sound directory to a voodoo_sound directory. So for next release I have changed my workaround for this CM9 bug.

But one of these days, the CM9 ROM may fix this bug and so my "backwards" handling will again be reversed, and it will be better to enable Debug->Gals Normalize than keep it disabled.

I have 11 test phones, and support, bug fixing and further development to do, so I don't have the time to test every nightly. I also don't have the resources to hire a QA person and many times must rely on my app users to report problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)