By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2012, 04:18 AM |#4471  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
FAQ is finished. This is on the next of 10 pages.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free

25th September 2012, 11:30 AM |#4472  
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Thanks. I looking for because I know for sure that u8800(not pro) support that function(custom roms).The difference bettwen pro & no-pro is on wifi. Hardware architecture is similare.That means I must change software stuff like drivers or hardware permissions maybe?

Sent from my U8800PRO using xda app-developers app
25th September 2012, 10:07 PM |#4473  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyankamp1

Thanks. I looking for because I know for sure that u8800(not pro) support that function(custom roms).The difference bettwen pro & no-pro is on wifi. Hardware architecture is similare.That means I must change software stuff like drivers or hardware permissions maybe?

My understanding is that Huawei u8800 and u8800pro are quite different, at least as far as FM goes.

Huawei u8800 has a Qualcomm Tavarua FM chip and u8800pro does not. I thought the "pro" version does not have FM, or at least I haven't supported it well (or at all?), but I think it has a Broadcom combo chip.
26th September 2012, 04:11 AM |#4474  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hey Mike.. does this new Sept 24 version fix anything for Desire Z/G2, or are we still better off with Aug 11 version?

Edit - just installed the Sept 24 free version - working well, and post the shutdown, the phone and other audio is still working without doing a reboot (which was the issue with the Aug 11 version).

The only issue is that the pause button is still causing the phone to crash and restart, so not using that for now

Thanks
26th September 2012, 04:18 AM |#4475  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks, really enjoy the app. Seems to work much better than the old stock app I had before I was running CM.
26th September 2012, 05:39 AM |#4476  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehri

Thanks, really enjoy the app. Seems to work much better than the old stock app I had before I was running CM.

Well you have to tell us your phone and ROM if you stop by this thread...
26th September 2012, 05:53 AM |#4477  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsOnAndroid

Hey Mike.. does this new Sept 24 version fix anything for Desire Z/G2, or are we still better off with Aug 11 version?

Edit - just installed the Sept 24 free version - working well, and post the shutdown, the phone and other audio is still working without doing a reboot (which was the issue with the Aug 11 version).

Happy to hear. September 24 has a "kindler, gentler" Mute kill mediaserver, which more properly restarts audio. It seems to be more stable, usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RsOnAndroid

The only issue is that the pause button is still causing the phone to crash and restart, so not using that for now

Thanks

Hmmm. The mute/pause is also triggered at app/FM shutdown so there must be some difference. Crashes are timing sensitive, so an unrelated issue that changes timing can make a difference.

Further app hacks won't be satisfactory. I'm taking time to understand Android audio/media libraries and hardware much better, and how I can rebuild them or hook into them.

This will take a while, and I hope I can collaborate with other devs.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 11:04 AM |#4478  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi,

I have Spirit UL on my HTC Desire HD with Jellytime ROM. App works OK however, when I quit the app, phone still does 60mA of battery drain per 10 minutes. BBS shows nothing suspicious, CPU usage is low, maby some HW is not properly put into sleep? Is there any debug I could do?
26th September 2012, 12:52 PM |#4479  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
on september 24 version on HTC OneS from time to time (10 - 15 seconds) the sound go off for 1 seccond

and switch from headset to speaker not work

rom: cm 10 september 23
26th September 2012, 04:48 PM |#4480  
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Just in case ,u8800pro have official FM supporting on ics rom.The issue is that when fm working restricts any other audio operation (including recording).
Thanks anyway

26th September 2012, 09:55 PM |#4481  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhejtman

Hi,

I have Spirit UL on my HTC Desire HD with Jellytime ROM. App works OK however, when I quit the app, phone still does 60mA of battery drain per 10 minutes. BBS shows nothing suspicious, CPU usage is low, maby some HW is not properly put into sleep? Is there any debug I could do?

Yes, I'm aware of this problem, the AIC3254 DSP is not shut down. The August 15 releases "solves" it, but this creates other problems. One way to avoid it is to set Debug-> Mute kill mediaserver to "Disable" but that will cause problems with audio notifications at least.

These two commands from adb shell or a terminal app with SU should fix it:

ioctl -l 1 -a 1 /dev/codec_aic3254 0x40047313 29
ioctl -l 1 -a 1 /dev/codec_aic3254 0x40047312 29

It's also possible this could be fixed by muting Spirit, selecting Menu-> Test-> Audio-> Restart media (at the end of the long list), then pressing the power button to close Spirit.

All of this is a problem because Android will call Spirit when audio focus is being taken, but by that time the audio library is already in the midst of switching to a new mode. Then Spirit and the audio library are fighting each other, not really knowing what the other is doing and when, and big problems happen. In this case, switching the DSP off will cause problems if you are answering a phone call, because the switch off comes too late to do.

All of this is why I'm now taking the long, proper approach of modifying audio libraries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)