Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

navidnouri

May 18, 2010
What specific app are you looking for..usually when you serach on the play store in the left upper corner you will be able to choose All, Apps, Books, Magazines etc. Do you see that option?

Yes thats right i can see it as like the screen shot attached but whenever i tap all or apps i a redirected to the same page

The problem is with all apps
I can get app result in search with my hd2 but not with my note 10.1
Hd2 has a 4.1.6 store version

I tried so many versions for the galaxy note but they all dont return any app results in note, just books, magazines, music ... i.e. i can go to music section as you described but not in app or all

Screenshot_2013-06-22-21-29-07.jpg

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Yes thats right i can see it as like the screen shot attached but whenever i tap all or apps i a redirected to the same page

The problem is with all apps
I can get app result in search with my hd2 but not with my note 10.1
Hd2 has a 4.1.6 store version

I tried so many versions for the galaxy note but they all dont return any app results in note, just books, magazines, music ... i.e. i can go to music section as you described but not in app or all

View attachment 2061680

Is your device rooted?

the-d

Jun 19, 2013
How do I root the GoClever Tab R70?

What do I need to do? What programs do I need? A step-by-step Tutorial would be nice!

Thanks in Advance! :)

Raven_Yen

Jun 21, 2013
365dailyverses.wordpress.com
1) If my phone's default firmware is Hong Kong and I flash with Romania's, will it spoil anything?
2) If it is carrier-based, will it affect the way I use my phone in other countries where the carrier is not available?
3) Is it necessary to odex our ROM back after making tweaks via deodexed?
4) If I tweaked a custom ROM's UI, must I use the custom ROM / emulator to test the UI?
5) Will deodex wipe my apps / system data?

Sent from my GT-I9105P

Last edited:

limit1

Mar 19, 2010
Rooting Arc s

Hi. Im a layman but still tried to install ellybeans on my arc s with existing ICS.
i unlocked bootloader but DID NOT root the phone. I flashed it and its all blank. and when i try to flash the boot.img it gives error that its not rooted.
need help!!!

resbak

Jun 23, 2013
Parañaque
Inverted From Cam, CM Flare/Karbonn

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, I have my CM/Flare - Karbonn / S100/A9+ with Xperia Custom Rom and Launcher

My front camera still inverted, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

resbak

k1borg

Jun 23, 2013
Errors

Hello everyone!

Info:
Device: HTC Sensation
ROM: CM10.1-RC5 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean [KANG] [June-10]
Operator: Latvia, Latvian Mobile

Problem:
  1. So I installed ROM, GApps. After boot in first account configuration steps I got an error "Unfortunately, Google Text-to-speech Engine has stopped". (I'm not using this one, but it was strange to get error)
  2. All Google Apps (Market, Gmail, Hangouts, Drive, Maps, etc.) works, but ONLY Google+ app don't want to install :( Market says that "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I tried to fix this with Market Helper. Yes, it goes through installation procedure but fails with error "Missing shared library".

I tried many-many times to re-flash ROM and GApps, googled a lotfor such problems... but nothing... I'm missing something...

I've flashed ROM and GApps using CWM.

Thanks for help!

dagger

What do I need to do? What programs do I need? A step-by-step Tutorial would be nice!

Thanks in Advance! :)
This thread talks about rooting goclever r75.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947147
May it help you..:)

Hi. Im a layman but still tried to install ellybeans on my arc s with existing ICS.
i unlocked bootloader but DID NOT root the phone. I flashed it and its all blank. and when i try to flash the boot.img it gives error that its not rooted.
need help!!!

Did you try recovering it with the stock firmware via flashtools?
It normally helps.

Hello everyone!

Info:

Problem:
  1. So I installed ROM, GApps. After boot in first account configuration steps I got an error "Unfortunately, Google Text-to-speech Engine has stopped". (I'm not using this one, but it was strange to get error)
  2. All Google Apps (Market, Gmail, Hangouts, Drive, Maps, etc.) works, but ONLY Google+ app don't want to install :( Market says that "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I tried to fix this with Market Helper. Yes, it goes through installation procedure but fails with error "Missing shared library".

I tried many-many times to re-flash ROM and GApps, googled a lotfor such problems... but nothing... I'm missing something...

Thanks for help!

So you mean that the google+ app installs but gives the "missing shared library" error when you try to launch it?

Reactions: k1borg

k1borg

Jun 23, 2013
Hello everyone!

Info:

Problem:
So I installed ROM, GApps. After boot in first account configuration steps I got an error "Unfortunately, Google Text-to-speech Engine has stopped". (I'm not using this one, but it was strange to get error)
All Google Apps (Market, Gmail, Hangouts, Drive, Maps, etc.) works, but ONLY Google+ app don't want to install Market says that "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I tried to fix this with Market Helper. Yes, it goes through installation procedure but fails with error "Missing shared library".

Thanks for help!
So you mean that the google+ app installs but gives the "missing shared library" error when you try to launch it?

No. In market I push button "Install", then app starts the install process but fails with error "missing shared library". So it's not installed on device.

fuson1979

Jun 4, 2013
Las Vegas
JB Modem ROM

Are there any ROMs that can be flashed that allow you to use a JB modem, or are all custom ROMs the same? Only reason I ask is because here in Las Vegas if you are trying to run an ICS modem the signal is up and down no matter where you're at in town (up and down meaning you never know if you have a good signal). Was just wondering, if I have to use ICS modem then so be it, would be nice to use a JB one though.

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Are there any ROMs that can be flashed that allow you to use a JB modem, or are all custom ROMs the same? Only reason I ask is because here in Las Vegas if you are trying to run an ICS modem the signal is up and down no matter where you're at in town (up and down meaning you never know if you have a good signal). Was just wondering, if I have to use ICS modem then so be it, would be nice to use a JB one though.

Generally a jb ROM will use a jb modem

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

fuson1979

Jun 4, 2013
Las Vegas
Generally a jb ROM will use a jb modem

I think I might have asked that question wrong, I have been using cm roms, all 4.2.2, and every one one of them requires an ICS modem, and I had noticed that they all say do not use jb modem, just didnt know if there were any roms out there that would let you use a jb modem, I suppose I should try and do a search, unfortunately I am not sure how to search for it. Thanks for the reply, i guess I'll stay with what I have for now, until I obtain a bit more knowledge on what I am doing.

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
I think I might have asked that question wrong, I have been using cm roms, all 4.2.2, and every one one of them requires an ICS modem, and I had noticed that they all say do not use jb modem, just didnt know if there were any roms out there that would let you use a jb modem, I suppose I should try and do a search, unfortunately I am not sure how to search for it. Thanks for the reply, i guess I'll stay with what I have for now, until I obtain a bit more knowledge on what I am doing.

Ah, ok then the answer is probably no. Or at least not yet, I haven't seen a CM ROM that is able to use a jb modem yet.

Reactions: fuson1979

k1borg

Jun 23, 2013
Error

So try installing it from somewhere else.
That might help..:)

Unfortunately I've tried to install apk of Google+, but I get message "App not installed" :( And another thing is that if Im 'not using Market Helper (so I'm HTC Sensation on Play Store) I have an message in Play Store on Google+ app page "This app is incompatible with your device."

What to do? Where is error? In GApps, ROM or searching somwhere else?

P.S. Am I only one with this kind of error?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II