Boost every millimeter of ur GPU

Search This thread

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Guys...was just browsing few forums on XDA and found this ...
This is supported for all android versions(as i realised from reading comments).
Here is link to thread...
All credits to dev..
#me not responsible if flashing bricks device(but don't worry it surely wont ;) )...

Will increase ur graphics score on antutu by +200....
Just try it...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2295010
@iceyhotguy , would like your comment about it...
All here who use it, just lemme know if it butters up something(not a placebo effect at all ;)..dont worry)... @testerforgrand ..all comments are awaited and welcomed...
Hope i helped...;)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012

Ok, the build.prop edits he mentions,
busybox echo "debug.sf.hw = 1" >> /system/build.prop ----- renders UI with GPU
busybox echo "video.accelerate.hw=1" >> /system/build.prop ----- Increases responsiveness of the video

busybox echo "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" >> /system/build.prop ---- this is to force the default launcher into memory. I excluded this because most launchers already stay in memory and this tweak is known to fail when the launcher used is heavy. Probably why the line has been striked off in the OP's post but seems to still be there in flashable zip

busybox echo "persist.sys.use_dithering = 1" >> /system/build.prop ----- this is to enable surface dithering, in other words this may improve visual quality but is also known to cause banding in some devices that's why I didn't include it in my post. It's safe enough to try but you know what to remove if it gives you lines across the screen whenever the color contrast is changing.

Other than that the graphics library included is essentially a touchscreen driver to re-calibrate the touch response, this will definitely work, it is not a placebo but I cannot say if it'll actually make it better or less responsive.

As far as the script included goes, there's a good chance that it won't work.
The script is referring to "/sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen" but we don't even have a touch class :p
Screenshot_2014-01-25-04-29-53.png
And even if we did, I'm not sure I would use the same values as he has.

As far as the antutu score goes, I don't trust the scoring system even a little bit :p
It's highly unreliable in terms of accessing the exact performance index, but it is good for dividing the phones performance in quadrants confirming you have a better (or worse) hardware than other phones :p

Conclusion : You can flash this if you want to, but I wouldn't.
Build.prop tweaks can be manually tested and removed.
You can recalibrate your touch on your own although you don't really need to.
And like I said, the script is referring to an address that doesn't exist at that location in our phone.

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
busybox echo "video.accelerate.hw=1" >> /system/build.prop ----- Increases responsiveness of the video

busybox echo "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" >> /system/build.prop ---- this is to force the default launcher into memory. I excluded this because most launchers already stay in memory and this tweak is known to fail when the launcher used is heavy. Probably why the line has been striked off in the OP's post but seems to still be there in flashable zip

busybox echo "persist.sys.use_dithering = 1" >> /system/build.prop ----- this is to enable surface dithering, in other words this may improve visual quality but is also known to cause banding in some devices that's why I didn't include it in my post. It's safe enough to try but you know what to remove if it gives you lines across the screen whenever the color contrast is changing.

Other than that the graphics library included is essentially a touchscreen driver to re-calibrate the touch response, this will definitely work, it is not a placebo but I cannot say if it'll actually make it better or less responsive.

The script is referring to "/sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen" but we don't even have a touch class :p
View attachment 2537152

As far as the antutu score goes, I don't trust the scoring system even a little bit :p
It's highly unreliable in terms of accessing the exact performance index, but it is good for dividing the phones performance in quadrants confirming you have a better (or worse) hardware than other phones :p

And like I said, the script is referring to an address that doesn't exist at that location in our phone.

Turns out that this thread was nonsense share :|..sorry..(i realised i do type alot after its 12am in my country(staying awake whole night even when sleepy, which leads to typing mistakes and poor judgements..and sometimes illogical helping answers :p..
Sorry for trouble :) )..
Thanks for always helping and guiding me !!

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
Turns out that this thread was nonsense share :|..sorry..(i realised i do type alot after its 12am in my country(staying awake whole night even when sleepy, which leads to typing mistakes and poor judgements..and sometimes illogical helping answers :p..

Haha, it's no trouble at all. You didn't make poor judgements, you shared something that you thought would improve performance for our phones, and if this was our device specific there might have been improvements in atleast the touch rendering through GPU.

You asked me to comment on it, so I opened the code and explained each part to the best of knowledge :). That's what xda is for, to learn new things about the devices we use everyday and explore what more can be done with them! :cool:

This is a thousand times better than the usual spam that flows through grand duos community, so keep exploring XDA for useful threads till you know enough to start developing yourself :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Haha, it's no trouble at all. You didn't make poor judgements, you shared something that you thought would improve performance for our phones, and if this was our device specific there might have been improvements in atleast the touch rendering through GPU.

You asked me to comment on it, so I opened the code and explained each part to the best of knowledge :). That's what xda is for, to learn new things about the devices we use everyday and explore what more can be done with them! :cool:

This is a thousand times better than the usual spam that flows through grand duos community, so keep exploring XDA for useful threads till you know enough to start developing yourself :cowboy:

Screenshot_2014-01-25-04-29-53.png

@raghavsharmaxda icehotguy is Indian too :p