[Recovery] ClockworkMod Recovery 1.3.4(updated 24.06.2011)

Search This thread

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
God I feel dumb for asking this, but if I downloaded Thor's .zip of 1.7, I can just flash this in the CWM recovery menu, right?

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Glad I did ask, since I was thinking I could flash using recovery like any other rom (selecting "Choose zip from sdcard... ect). But appears I am wrong, and thanks for clarifying. Thanks Euclid's Brother!

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Yes. Name it recovery.img and put it in the root of the external sdcard. Then you can flash it. Recovery Installer will not recognize it yet, so it won't work the premium features. I'm hoping to push a new version out today.

Can you update to work with AmonRA recovery too? Just finally got around to buying your great app yesterday, then installed AmonRA and lost all the features I'd just paid for. :S

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
Can you update to work with AmonRA recovery too? Just finally got around to buying your great app yesterday, then installed AmonRA and lost all the features I'd just paid for. :S

Unfortunately, ra recovery doesn't support extendedcommand file, which is required to setup an automated script.

If you prefer ra, put the img file on ext sdcard called recovery.img so it's easy to switch back and fourth. I generally use Thor 1.7 which is completely compatible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rdnkchevy

Oct 26, 2011
Destin, Florida
Unfortunately, ra recovery doesn't support extendedcommand file, which is required to setup an automated script.

If you prefer ra, put the img file on ext sdcard called recovery.img so it's easy to switch back and fourth. I generally use Thor 1.7 which is completely compatible.

Can you make it work with cwm 1.7.1?

Sent from my Incredible using xda premium

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
Can you make it work with cwm 1.7.1?

Sent from my Incredible using xda premium

Yep. It's in the works. The update, when it comes will also "recognize" Amon ra. And I'll be able to update the recognition list without issuing a new version. It'll download a new list like it does for the ROM list.

Reactions: rdnkchevy and epunk

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
Hello Euclid's Brother, any hope that your app will be compatible withe the A500 ICS leaks ?
I tried but even if the flash "seems" to work, it fails to boot into recovery and displays the "Recovert verified failed..." message.

Regards

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
OK thanks for the answer but unfortunately my A500 doesn't want the unlock bootloader. I've been unable to flash it through nvflash despite some help and the noob-proof posts and packages that are around :'(

MajstorSpeedy

Jul 12, 2010
Zagreb
OK thanks for the answer but unfortunately my A500 doesn't want the unlock bootloader. I've been unable to flash it through nvflash despite some help and the noob-proof posts and packages that are around :'(

Well, I've been able to flash almost anything trough nvflash...
Have you tried to follow Civato's guide?
It's pretty straightforward and it is working like a charm!
I'm not so often online but I'll try to help you out if you want, just PM me.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, here is ClockworkMod Recovery for our beloved A500

NOTE:
    If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard or usb storage. This will revert back to actually formatting /data.
    WARNING: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.

Installation:
    1. use adb (PC):
      1. adb push recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img /sdcard
      2. adb push itsmagic /data/local
    2. from terminal (TABLET):
      1. su
      2. chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
      3. mount -o rw,remount /system
      4. rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
      5. mount -o ro,remount /system
      6. dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
      7. ./data/local/itsmagic

"recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.rar" - is for flashing normally with the normal method...
    "update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.zip" - flashed from recovery and press reboot/power off(v1.1 don't use "Advanced" -> "Reboot Recovery" only buttons in the main menu) after its flashed(don't try to flash from any other recovery other than mine, will not work)

Acer Recovery Installer APP thanks to Euclid's Brother http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14818316&postcount=109

Video installation guide by cfcoleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuf74JP5Jgw

Changelog:
    1.1:
    • skips /data/media in backup/restore/format of /data
    • integrated "itsmagic"
    • additional option in advanced to run itsmagic manually
    • itsmagic is run on every restart/poweroff or recovery as a precautionary measure
    • ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard", if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.
    1.2:
    • flexrom backup & restore
    • bct + ebt + pt + gp1 backup(basically the first sectors of the flash that sc2k told you to backup when itsmagic got released...)
    • retrieve uid
    • itsmagic run at startup
    • usb keyboard fix
    1.3.2:
    • fixed background disappearing
    • removed itsmagic from reboot/poweroff, not needed itsmagic is run at startup...
    • fixed flexrom not being present in advanced restore menu
    1.3.3:
    • fixed back disappearing in Mounts and Storage menu
    1.3.4(still in testing...):
    • added sync before md5 generation
    • sync and unmount of /sdcard after succesful backup
    • sync and unmount of /sdcard at reboot/poweroff

Thanks to sc2k for testing this.

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.
    With the blessings of thor2002ro, I bring you an easy to use app for installing his (or any other) recovery image.

It has his rev1.2 built-in, along with a Stock USA 1.141.07_COM_GEN1 recovery image. It can also install a recovery.img from the external sdcard.

It gives an option to backup your current image (for later rollback) and runs itsmagic (built-in) when it's finished installing a recovery image.

Let me know if anyone finds any problems with it. I have not tried it under PRIMEE 1.4. But I have flashed between thors recovery and stock recovery several times using stock HC 3.0.1.

DOWNLOAD FROM ANDROID MARKET

Cheers
    you can update via old CWM 1.3+... just flash the zip

and since it has my kernel you cant add it to market or xda...
    thanks for this program.
    Where i can find backed up old recovery file?

it's at /data/data/com.interphaze.AcerRecoveryInstaller/files/recovery.old.img

yeah.. it's a good idea to make a copy of this in case you install a custom ROM
    IF this is an idiotic question, I apologize one hundred times:

How is this different from downloading Rom Manager from the Market and having that install ClockworkMod Recovery?

that doesn't support a500... a500 need a custom build of cwm(made by me ;) ) the emmc is partitioned differently than the rest of the tablets... among other things...