[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

turl1

May 2, 2011
Because our CM Atrix dev team doesn't maintain a public git.

More specifically, this thread, and thus rom, is maintained by the Photon devs.

What does it say about the Atrix dev team when the most current CM is from another dev entirely?

Hate to hop on a soap-box, but isn't CM supposed to be open source? Why hasn't there been an update to the Atrix git in almost a month?

Our CM9 (as well as CM7) work is all on github, I don't know where you got that information :) We won't do releases as the graphics require hacks to work to some extent and the camera won't work as things stand today. If you want to test it, just build it from our repos and give it a go. Most, if not all of the other stuff is working (wifi, calls, texts, data, bluetooth, usb mass storage, sensors, etc)

haree87

Jan 5, 2011
Just pull vold.ftab from the other cm9 rom and put in to system, etc folder.
I mean the alpha 13. Or from other blur based rom zip file
Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Last edited:
Our CM9 (as well as CM7) work is all on github, I don't know where you got that information :) We won't do releases as the graphics require hacks to work to some extent and the camera won't work as things stand today. If you want to test it, just build it from our repos and give it a go. Most, if not all of the other stuff is working (wifi, calls, texts, data, bluetooth, usb mass storage, sensors, etc)

Thank you!

However, why hasn't the ICS branch been updated in nearly a month?

Deggy

May 25, 2010
Massachusetts
I agree with nok's an ilya' list of working lists. Those are working. Still trying finding anything wrong or bugs. My 2 year old daughter is helping as well haha. I let her use YouTube and other children's apps. Nothing crashed yet.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

t.s.eliot

Jan 2, 2010
Thank you for keeping your code so accessible. It is a great help to those who are trying to learn more about how the Atrix works.

Reactions: turl1

turl1

May 2, 2011
Thank you!

However, why hasn't the ICS branch been updated in nearly a month?

Because most of us on the team haven't worked on ICS lately as it's holiday season and some of us are on holidays without some of our phones. Besides, there's not much more to fix except fp sensor, graphics, camera, webtop and those will either need some figuring out time (fp, webtop), severe rework of stuff or a moto ICS release for Atrix or Photon (graphics, camera).

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
So far, the only things I've noticed not working is hardware button lights, and the same old issues with games. They're just really choppy. It's been extremely smooth with no force closes or issues so far. Other than the bugs that were already mentioned, of course. Will continue using as a daily driver until i discover more bugs.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Hit me up when you guys start working on it again.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

kjdoug

Nov 17, 2007
Anyone know how to reset the battery icon mine only charges to half way

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone know how to reset the battery icon mine only charges to half way

I sometimes get this problem. Usually what fixes it for me is pulling out the battery and plugging in the phone. Wait until the screen turns on and presents a battery icon with a question mark in the middle. Insert the battery, the icon should now show that it has 5% charge -- don't worry, it'll show this no matter what the charge is. Let it charge until 15%, for some reason it won't go higher than this. Unplug the phone, boot up and you'll see that it's 100% charged. Also, wipe battery stats for good measure.

Reactions: kjdoug

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
Update on my experience, I just listened to pandora for about six hours straight and it drained half the battery. That's pretty awesome battery life IMO.

sipjca

Oct 27, 2010
market.android.com
May I ask why, in this case is it so essential to wipe? I mean I flashed Omega's build the other day no wipe and got a boot loop and just restored and reflashed 4hrs later and was 100% fine.

Btw, apparently someone figured out a camera fix for the Desire HD, and I think it may be applicable to all devices.

Here's a link, I may try doing it later today:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448303

I have no idea if this will work since from phone to phone there may be different libraries.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App