[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

logicmann

May 20, 2006
Mannheim

mikandlotta

Jul 28, 2009
Borlänge
Finally I'm not the only one with the problem.. but u shall get ignored too. (modems, reflashing stock GB, air-plane toggle, none of this helps).

Well, it seems 99.9% of alpha testers do not have your problem.
Did you try the 'Lippol's kernel cleaning script'? (or something like that? I wonder if you have scraps from previous installs that have not been completely wiped.
Most of us have fairly good installs, some need to reflash a few times. I had some nightmares with one phone not receiving flashed and bootlooping but now it seems stable as long as I do not play too much ;)

Last edited:

oliva94

Nov 29, 2011
I have got two problems, the first has always appeared:
attachment.php
attachment.php

mediaserver is using more battery than anything, and is putting on a wakelock for hours (others say it is usual??)

the other is new:
attachment.php

gallery hides the notification bar, but does not grow the image onto its space

Attachments

• cm10-mediaserver.jpg
    cm10-mediaserver.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,150
  • cm10-gallery.jpg
    cm10-gallery.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,151
  • cm10-mediaserver-2.jpg
    cm10-mediaserver-2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,153

richard2311

Jan 28, 2011
Anyone else having The problem of The apn settings not being saved.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app

Eleve11

Oct 1, 2011
Stockholm
Finally I'm not the only one with the problem.. but u shall get ignored too. (modems, reflashing stock GB, air-plane toggle, none of this helps).

Yep, I tested to re-flash the rom but no success :(

Well, it seems 99.9% of alpha testers do not have your problem.
Did you try the 'Lippol's kernel cleaning script'? (or something like that? I wonder if you have scraps from previous installs that have not been completely wiped.
Most of us have fairly good installs, some need to reflash a few times. I had some nightmares with one phone not receiving flashed and bootlooping but now it seems stable as long as I do not play too much ;)

Sverige!!!!!

I flashed with and without his script but with no luck. I've downloaded the rom again and all that stuff. Still not working :/

meresis

May 3, 2011
Antananarivo
Widgets problem

Hello all,

Just flashed CM10 and for now I dont see any major issues except the fact I cant remove the Google search widget and I also cant add any new widgets on the screen, I dont even see where the widget menu could be.

Unless Im totally blind, some help would be muche appreciated.

Thanks !

richard2311

Jan 28, 2011
Hello all,

Just flashed CM10 and for now I dont see any major issues except the fact I cant remove the Google search widget and I also cant add any new widgets on the screen, I dont even see where the widget menu could be.

Unless Im totally blind, some help would be muche appreciated.

Thanks !

Open your app drawer and look next to apps on The upper left

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: meresis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads
    WARNING: Upgrading from version before 20120817 will wipe your phone

Latest nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation

- First time flashing CM10 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM10 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup! WARNING: Upgrading from version before 20120817 will wipe your phone
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: Nandroids of CM7, CM9 and CM10 are incompatible due to partition layout changes. Please be on the correct version before restoring Nandroids.

FAQ
    Please read before posting or reporting bugs!

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod10:GT-I9000:Frequently_Asked_Questions

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only at the SGSCM10 bug tracker. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

IRC
    Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog?
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10/galaxysmtd or http://10.cmxlog.com/?device=galaxysmtd

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    About 4.2, I don't really see any feature which will make you want to upgrade right away (from a user point of view).

From a device point of view, there shouldn't be much difficulties for us as most parts are already open source. The main difficulty would be that SurfaceFlinger currently rejects old hwcomposer, but CM should take care of that soon. They've also changed the bluetooth subsystem around, but we shouldn't have any problem with that. The most time consuming part would be to merge the current CM codebase with AOSP, since they are bound to be many conflicts.

The I9000 will get 4.2, but no ETA!
    Uploaded new version
    sooner or later i believe CM10 can get snappy UI without datadata.

Here's what I'm going to do: Swap /system and /data, and also decrease the size of /cache so you get ~400MB for /data itself. Every dalvik cache will be moved onto /system (as if /system is ever formatted, the dalvik cache can be easily regenerated and no data is lost), saving more space for /data.

This will however, require a full wipe on all devices and when that time comes, there'll be a warning on the download link.
    I was skeptical about the new partition layout. I tested and I'm convinced that this is a very good solution.

Pawitp is trying for free to keep alive an almost dead device.

If someone doesn't like the solution that pawitp implemented then he can think something different, get the code implement something new and release it for all of us.
    Alternatively, he may flash stock android 2.3 or complain to Samsung about no implementation of ICS and JB to SGS.

Edit: a big THANK YOU to pawitp. Bravo!