YouTube WONT open

Search This thread

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
YouTube appears to be broke on my phone. Which is weird because I haven't seen a single thread so far about this issue. It works fine on my mom's Moto X however.

Running Franco.kernel-r35 PA-4.1BETA 2

I tried wiping data and cache for the app, converting to system → user → system, uninstalled all together, tried the dog bone Version of YouTube too and that crashes too and downgrading to the version before the dog bone made it work.

Sooooo thinking maybe the latest update would work finally I updated it and boom back to square one. Does anyone have issues with the latest version of YouTube like I do?

I have seen similar reviews on Google play saying it won't open and force close before it starts up.

ruryve3a.jpg

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
YouTube appears to be broke on my phone. Which is weird because I haven't seen a single thread so far about this issue. It works fine on my mom's Moto X however.

Running Franco.kernel-r35 PA-4.1BETA 2

I tried wiping data and cache for the app, converting to system → user → system, uninstalled all together, tried the dog bone Version of YouTube too and that crashes too and downgrading to the version before the dog bone made it work.

Sooooo thinking maybe the latest update would work finally I updated it and boom back to square one. Does anyone have issues with the latest version of YouTube like I do?

I have seen similar reviews on Google play saying it won't open and force close before it starts up.

ruryve3a.jpg

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

Finally not just me. Having the same issue on PAC and ElementalX.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jorv976

Feb 21, 2011
Its an older version. Previous one

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
using any xposed modules?

Yup I am Using xposed ad away mode

Finally not just me. Having the same issue on PAC and ElementalX.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cool finally someone who is facing the same issue

Delete your YouTube and install this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a4b7lzpyah5zby/com.google.android.youtube-5.2.27.apk
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

That's an older version.....

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

dragon884

Jan 4, 2012
Had this issue too!! Stock rooted. How i fixed it was:

- clear youtube cache
- renamed /system/app/youtube.apk to youtube.apk.bak