[Q] CM11 Google play music extremely slow over data

Search This thread

Flylowguy

Apr 10, 2014
I am running CM11, snapshot m5 on my xt912 RAZR Maxx. I have Google play music all access, but currently if I'm on lte it takes around 20 seconds to perform a search and album artwork takes even longer to load. Most of my other apps are working just fine over data, and the ookla speed test app shows very good latency and download speed. I really don't know what's up... Any ideas?

Dwillian

Jul 23, 2013
Kent, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am running CM11, snapshot m5 on my xt912 RAZR Maxx. I have Google play music all access, but currently if I'm on lte it takes around 20 seconds to perform a search and album artwork takes even longer to load. Most of my other apps are working just fine over data, and the ookla speed test app shows very good latency and download speed. I really don't know what's up... Any ideas?

Do you have orange bars under quick settings by any chance? If so then your phone has not synced with the Google servers and that generally means slower response on Google apps.

I'm curious if the save to external SD card option shows under Play Music settings on your phone. It doesn't on my xt912 and that's a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Flylowguy

Apr 10, 2014
I don't believe I have orange bars at the time I have the problem... I also do not have the save to SD card option under settings. However, most of my music does appear to end up on my SD card somehow anyway...

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app

Flylowguy

Apr 10, 2014
Well, I think I solved my problem. I was not getting signed into Google services over lte, so I flashed a different gapps on it. (specifically, dhacks nosetmetadata) and I think it's working now.

Dwillian

Jul 23, 2013
Kent, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't believe I have orange bars at the time I have the problem... I also do not have the save to SD card option under settings. However, most of my music does appear to end up on my SD card somehow anyway...

Hmm...On my phone Google Play Music puts any downloaded music on internal memory rather than on my external SD card. Unfortunately I don't have much space available in internal memory.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk