[Q] Need help upgrading my Android 4.0

Search This thread

TheAbstrakt

May 6, 2014
Hi there,

I bought a Android phone from chinavasion about 2 years ago. It is a replica of the HTC One, not sure which model exact. The phone works excellent, has 2 simcard options:

Model number: J1000
Android Vers: 4.0.3
Baseband Vers: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V14 (2012)
Kernel Vers: 3.0.13 (2012)
Build number: ALPS.ICS.MP.V1.11

I am not that familiar with custom romming and updating of Android. If someone can help or tell me if it is possible I can upgrade my Android version to a newer one, please let me know.

I know some of you would probably say, it is a FAKE HTC One, but I don't care, it works perfect, never had any problem, I saved money. I can tell you that Chinavasion is legit, lots of people buy from them in wholesale. Actually, their factory is in Shengzen where Apple, Samsung etc also get their materials from. So why pay 500 USD for a brand when you can pay half of it at least.

Anyway, I would appreciate your help and advice.

cheers

Last edited:

bor3d2damax

Mar 4, 2011
New York
@TheAbstrakt I think updating the phone would depend on your processor man. I've read that some processors (like MediaTek) can't be upgraded past 4.2 or something. Also I wouldn't be so sure as to the rooting process in order for you to upgrade as knock offs (if yours is a knockoff) seem to use different software versions than the original HTC Ones. A bit more research should help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi there,

I bought a Android phone from chinavasion about 2 years ago. It is a replica of the HTC One, not sure which model exact. The phone works excellent, has 2 simcard options:

I am not that familiar with custom romming and updating of Android. If someone can help or tell me if it is possible I can upgrade my Android version to a newer one, please let me know.

I know some of you would probably say, it is a FAKE HTC One, but I don't care, it works perfect, never had any problem, I saved money. I can tell you that Chinavasion is legit, lots of people buy from them in wholesale. Actually, their factory is in Shengzen where Apple, Samsung etc also get their materials from. So why pay 500 USD for a brand when you can pay half of it at least.

cheers

Sorry but if your phone is not an HTC One (M7) your thread is off topic here. Every references you will find here are exclusively for the M7 and will probably make you brick your phone. Better to post your question in this forum: http://xdaforums.com/general/help

So why pay 500 USD for a brand when you can pay half of it at least
  1. much more support
  2. over-the-air updates ;)
  3. better hardware

Reactions: bor3d2damax

TheAbstrakt

May 6, 2014
Processor information

@TheAbstrakt I think updating the phone would depend on your processor man. I've read that some processors (like MediaTek) can't be upgraded past 4.2 or something. Also I wouldn't be so sure as to the rooting process in order for you to upgrade as knock offs (if yours is a knockoff) seem to use different software versions than the original HTC Ones. A bit more research should help.

Hi I did some research and this is the information I got on the processor:

Processor: ARMv7 rev 10 (v7l)
BogoMIPs: 1993.93
CPU implementer: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant: 0x2
CPU part: 0xc09
CPU revision: 10
Hardware: MT6575
Revision: 65fb8a00

BuildInfo:
Release Codename: REL
API level: 15
CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
Manufacter: alps
Bootloader: unknown
CPU ABI2: armeabi

If you need more info let me know I used the app Android System information

Cheers

bor3d2damax

Mar 4, 2011
New York
@TheAbstrakt @alray summed it up nicely actually. You won't get any luck trying to root or upgrade from this thread as our processors are snapdragons not ARM processors. The hardware is simply not compatible with our software.

sricharz

Aug 29, 2016
Did you ever get any luck on that upgrading? I have the same phone and want to pass it down to one of my children.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

cheers

Sorry but if your phone is not an HTC One (M7) your thread is off topic here. Every references you will find here are exclusively for the M7 and will probably make you brick your phone. Better to post your question in this forum: http://xdaforums.com/general/help

So why pay 500 USD for a brand when you can pay half of it at least
    1. much more support
    2. over-the-air updates ;)
    3. better hardware