P769 V20D TO V20F - Recovery flashable ZIP

Search This thread

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
So what all is the prep?

Just the usuall wipe data, cach and dalvik cache?

And I've been using link2sd does that effect the flash in anyway?

Sorry for stupid question s
sent from my locked rooted P769 v20D
I'm on YouTube (BioDesigner48)

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
So what all is the prep?

Just the usuall wipe data, cach and dalvik cache?

And I've been using link2sd does that effect the flash in anyway?

Sorry for stupid question s

Probably good idea to wipe cache and dalvik after, Unfortunately I have no idea if link2sd will cause any problems.

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
I'm thinking/hoping not, well long as j make a nandroid before hand I should be fine if something goes wrong.
Well as long as my device don't brick lol

G2xer

Jun 5, 2011
Sacramento
Any one have a rooted backup of 20f? I flashed this and lost root :( (my fault)

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk 2

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
y4ygazum.jpg
Lelus any idea what this is for ?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Oh and guys that backup will be uploaded by 6 pm eastern time

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BioDesigner48

Jan 27, 2013
Tulsa
y4ygazum.jpg
Lelus any idea what this is for ?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Oh and guys that backup will be uploaded by 6 pm eastern time

In what thread will that be posted in?

elpuertorro

May 5, 2011
Manati
Well in case this helps anyone here it is:
I flashed the zip in the recovery normally meaning:

Put zip on sd > boot into recovery > selected flash from sd> selected the update zip > after install wiped Cache and Dalvik > then on the recovery msg just pressed back nothing happen pressed again (had to press back button 2 times) and it rebooted itself. (did not see the keep root msg by the way, no biggie)

Once it rebooted and did the usual optimizing stuff, looked for su, tried to update binary, no go! dumb me forgot to restore root with Vodoo, so went ahead and did it! Then went back to su, it said to update binary I hit normal but no go. :mad: then i was like FK this lol so hit the su again for a second time, asked me if i wanted to update, picked normal again, and PRESTO!!! Have root, confirmed with a free root tester from market! :victory:

hope it helps!

Reactions: quailallstar

Blackman75

Feb 23, 2013
yea i got one going to upload it tomorrow.

Not nagging but wasn't the rooted backup to be posted by 6PM EST yesterday? Did I miss something or is it in another area? Also is it worth it to go from V20D to V20F? Is bootloader unlocked yet or still working on that? Will CMW still work? BTW in case you can't tell I am a major noob. Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

Update will/may overwrite recovery partition, flash new radio will/may also restore some of bloatware.

To preserve root: when cwm asks "Root access possibly lost. Fix?" Select Yes.

http://d-h.st/PCl
    (It's modified official OTA update so it can be installed via cwm)

URL removed - I encountered some issues with the play store, will need to figure it out first, Sorry
    The Play store may not work if "google services" cache was cleared before installing the update (I'm sure it can be resolved easily)

Use at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for any damages to your device.
    Took the plunge and also flashed this.

Made a nandroid backup first and then flashed, selected yes to preserve root and phone is now running V20F. I had previously run the disable tmous crap script and this didn't seem to inhibit the flash which is a great thing :p. Even the stock (non-branded LG) boot/shutdown animations were preserved. If anyone wants the stock LG boot I've attached them to this reply. They come off the European L9 variant I believe.
    Flashing with the offline flash method comes with a risk, and waiting for the ota or trying all the tricks to receive a ota is time consuming, and if you do get the update (via ota) you need all bloatware and no changes (to build.prop & completely remove artas182cwm) or the update will fail. I had the official ota update to jellybean (20D) crash on me 3 times and had to wait to get the update again. S***ed donkey balls, lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

I know, it failed on me going to 20D twice but what I'm asking is what does this have compared to 20D

Can any one help me. How can I update to 20f Iam in 20d rooted , when i try to update OTA wont let me, an android dead with red exclamation shows. How can I fix this.. (Lg l9 P769 20d rooted)

Flash this rooted stock ROM. Remember to download voodoo ota rootkeeper and protect root before the update. Good luck!

https://mega.co.nz/#!fMVHWbBK!RpJnPGowBD33ZYC474_ghngqGGMpuSOiiP7d6OyV1Ho

Sent from my LG-P769(20F) using the xda-developers app. If I helped you please hit the "thanks" button.