i wanna root my sg3... is it worth it?

Search This thread

Xamrin

Mar 9, 2013
I root everything I own. I hate the concept of a device telling me what to do. It's my hardware, I bought it and it will OBEY ME!

Also I like Game Guardian. It lets me get content that a lot of Google Play games refuse to give me without paying. I'm not gonna pay a lot of money just so some stupid tower defense game is actually playable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't need to root to get a stock jellybean release on your phone. You would use a program called odin and put your phone into download mode and it will flash the system on your phone. If you don't like it or need to warranty your phone you just odin back to a official verizon release.

You can follow this guide, you would need 1,2,and 8. Then just follow the steps included. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1974114

Rooting is something you would do if you wanted to run apps or alter system files that require special privileges to access, read or write. A good reason to root is flash a custom recovery. The custom recovery will allow you to make backups of your phone. If something breaks on your system you can simply restore a backup in like 10 mins and its good as new :D

If you want to flash a rom then you will need to rooted AND have your bootloader unlocked. Its a pretty easy process to do everything as long as you pay attention. I.e. don't flash a rom meant for another carriers S3 or the international S3 cause you will hard brick your phone and have to mail it to someone with like $60 to get it fixed :p A good rom to try first would be CleanRom imo. There are many guides around this forum, just read em and reread em then go at it. If you are unsure about something then ask before you do it.

P.s. Backup your imei...... here is a great guide on how to do everything... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762709
    I just recently had to make the same decision! Finally, after a good bit of research and youtube video watching, I decided to go ahead with the root process and couldn't be happier! Especially with Verizon being so far behind right now.
    So worth it!!! Root it!!! There are plenty of Step-by-Step guides in the developers forum that makes it so easy...but please read all the steps first then do them....
    Do your research so you fully understand how root works and how to do it then go for it. It opens a whole new world for those who like to tinker and always have the newest firmware.
    Like everyone said, read up in what it is and whether or not you have a reason to do it. Then don't freak out if something happens and your phone won't boot. 99% of the time your phone is fixable.

I just upgraded from my old gs1 to the gs3 and love it. Already rooted/unlocked and running cm10 nightlies...... It isn't for everyone but for the ability to backup your phone alone it's worth it.