[Q] Nexus 7 oddity after 4.4.3 update

Search This thread

taylo66

Jun 27, 2014
Hi All
I was given this website address by the ASUS support team when I called them to try and rectify an issue that I have with my 2012 Nexus 7.
Please note I am a complete newbie and have a very basis knowledge of the Nexus 7 workings other than normal use...

My Nexus was working absolutely fine until I decided to take the 4.4.3 upgrade which was done via a hotel wifi when I was on holiday aborad recently..The update appeared to go through fine, but after a reboot the screen colours now appear faded as though the screen is being viewed with sunglasses on but more annoying is that approx 3/4 of the way down the screen there appears to be split and anythn that borders this split is hidden under it...ie the keyboard for instance...( the middle row of keys asdfgh etc) are hidden under the top row of keys. making it almost impossible to type/enter anything...the same thing applies to the sign on pad..again the middle row of numbers is hidden under the top row..

Nexus support were as good as useless and advised to "root" the device, but couldn't even tell me what rooting is....

Any help would be much appreciated.