HTC one m8 software update

Search This thread

bones841

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys, here's my story. I recently moved to Europe, but the day before moving I bought an unlocked Verizon version of the m8. I turned on my m8 without the Verizon SIM in it so it wouldn't be locked and put in my European SIM. But recently I saw that there was a software update with extreme power saving and tried to update my phone. It said it couldn't update my phone without my Verizon SIM and also I heard since I'm not even in America I can't update it cuz it's an American phone or some bull crap like that. So I was wondering is there anyway I can get my hands on this update in Europe? I tried countless times to update my phone but it always says It can't update at this time. And with my WIND (name of the phone company) SIM in it says that software update only work in cdma mode. So I can't update it haha. Sorry guys I'm a total noob when it comes to this so any help would be very nice! Is there a link where I can manually download the software update file and install it into my phone? Btw my phone isn't rooted. Thanks so much for everything guys!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Hey guys, here's my story. I recently moved to Europe, but the day before moving I bought an unlocked Verizon version of the m8. I turned on my m8 without the Verizon SIM in it so it wouldn't be locked and put in my European SIM. But recently I saw that there was a software update with extreme power saving and tried to update my phone. It said it couldn't update my phone without my Verizon SIM and also I heard since I'm not even in America I can't update it cuz it's an American phone or some bull crap like that. So I was wondering is there anyway I can get my hands on this update in Europe? I tried countless times to update my phone but it always says It can't update at this time. And with my WIND (name of the phone company) SIM in it says that software update only work in cdma mode. So I can't update it haha. Sorry guys I'm a total noob when it comes to this so any help would be very nice! Is there a link where I can manually download the software update file and install it into my phone? Btw my phone isn't rooted. Thanks so much for everything guys!

Does it prevent you from downloading it or does it prevent you from installing it?

marine_gd

Apr 9, 2013

Attachments

• 1398998102707.jpg
    1398998102707.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,694

marine_gd

Apr 9, 2013
The current software version is : 1.12.605.11 cl315044. Android version is 4.4.2
And extreme power saving mode is only available in software version 1.54.401.5

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
The current software version is : 1.12.605.11 cl315044. Android version is 4.4.2

I cant seem to find the OTA file for 1.54 anywhere but if you find the OTA zip all u need to do is copy it to internal storage and boot into recovery by turning the phone off then turn it on while holding volume down and then select recovery using volume buttons and putting power, after that its just select apply update from internal storage then your good to go. I couldnt find the 1.54 but if you do find it heres the 1.55 update http://d-h.st/AEv

So apparently 1.55 is the first update for the verizon htc m8 which is the device u have. The update does not include extreme power savings and it appears the only way you will get EPS on your device would be to root and flash a custom rom with the feature enabled. Before you go and download a rom though you need to make sure your in the right section. Go to this section http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8 it is the verizon htc one m8 thread. In order to be 100% sure that you are on the verizon version of the m8 go to hboot by turning off the device and turn it on while pressing volume down and make sure it says something like M8_vzw on the very top of the white screen.

Last edited:

marine_gd

Apr 9, 2013
Thanks i'll search it. Do i have to root my phone first?
I'm afraid that bricking the phone.

bones841

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks so much guys! Is there any other suggestions?

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks so much guys! Is there any other suggestions?

You should be good with just that. As for converting I'm not sure if it's possible to convert since the Verizon phone has cdma radio's included. Make sure you read the conversion thread though since I've never looked at it

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

buzzer555

May 23, 2014
I cant seem to find the OTA file for 1.54 anywhere but if you find the OTA zip all u need to do is copy it to internal storage and boot into recovery by turning the phone off then turn it on while holding volume down and then select recovery using volume buttons and putting power, after that its just select apply update from internal storage then your good to go. I couldnt find the 1.54 but if you do find it heres the 1.55 update http://d-h.st/AEv

So apparently 1.55 is the first update for the verizon htc m8 which is the device u have. The update does not include extreme power savings and it appears the only way you will get EPS on your device would be to root and flash a custom rom with the feature enabled. Before you go and download a rom though you need to make sure your in the right section. Go to this section http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8 it is the verizon htc one m8 thread. In order to be 100% sure that you are on the verizon version of the m8 go to hboot by turning off the device and turn it on while pressing volume down and make sure it says something like M8_vzw on the very top of the white screen.

Mine happens to say

*** LOCKED ***
M8_WLV PVT SHIP S-ON

Is that verizon as well?

mashk

Mar 9, 2012
Nairobi
There's a link provided on how to Install Extreme Power saving Mode. I rooted mine and installed. It works just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.