Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
VisionKernel v1.2
Designed for SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0

Disclaimer
I nor any member of INC is responsible for anything that happens to your phone when using this kernel. It has been tested on mine and a few others phones to be working, but I cannot guarantee that it will work on yours. All CPU's are different, and each one takes to overclocking in different ways. That being said, don't be surprised if your phone locks up at 1.4ghz or 1.45ghz. Just set the clock down to a lower speed and it won't do it anymore; all this means is that your phone can't handle it.
Also, 1.45ghz is set at 1.400v and 1.4ghz is set at 1.375v which is definitely above the recommended voltage for the phone. This doesn't mean it will burn up your processor as they are very robust when it comes to heat dissipation, but just keep in mind that you are pushing the processor past its designed limit.

This is my first kernel release, although I have been compiling my own custom kernels since DI18. Took me a while to get the overclocking stable, a big thanks goes to tanimn and Rodderik for helping with getting 1.3ghz stable. Also, without tanimn none of this would really be possible. He has guided me through this process a lot, and I am especially thankful to him. You the man tanimn ;-)

1.45ghz is here, I cannot guarantee that it will work even at all on your phone. This is as high as I will go, no further.
  • Linpack: 19.84mflops
  • Quadrant: 2414

Changelog
*=Thanks!

v1.0
  • Overclocked to 1.3ghz and 1.4ghz @ 1.375v (steps are as follows)
    100mhz, 200mhz, 400mhz, 600mhz, 800mhz, 1.0ghz, 1.3ghz, 1.4ghz
  • Added 600mhz step for better transitions *tanimn
  • Voodoo Sound v6 *tanimn and supercurio
  • Voodoo Color (mDNIe tweaks) *supercurio
  • FPS cap raised to 65fps for the time being, hoping to get that number higher *Rodderik
  • Everything else that is contained in Twilight Zone, minus the addition of voodoo color and 1.4ghz.

v1.1
  • Revert the refresh rate (framerate cap) to 56fps. People having problems with video choppiness, this should fix your issue. This is only temporary; as soon as someone can figure out a proper way to raise the framerate cap I will re-implement it.
  • Update to Voodoo Sound driver v7

v1.2
  • Add 1.45ghz (It's not 100% stable, use at your own risk.)
  • Add 1.2ghz step
  • Added BFQ disk scheduler
  • Implemented interactive CPU governor (use at your own risk, needs tweaking)
  • Smartass governor (still a WIP)
  • Add TinyRCU courtesy of tanimn
  • lowmemorykiller atomic notifier fixes
  • UV RAM and LCD; 2.7v and 1.65v respectively
  • UV_mV sysfs controls as well as frequency_voltage_table for use with Voltage Control and Pimp my CPU *Rodderik
  • New voltage/frequency tables thanks to Rodderik!

v1.3
  • Battery life improvement tweaks
  • BFQ by default
  • New frequencies
  • More...

How-to Video:
Thanks to qbking77 for making this excellent flashing tutorial! This will show you exactly how to get the kernel running on your phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7hqewGoWk

*Downloads*
v1.2
Direct:
Temporarily removed.

v1.1
Direct:
www.holylivingfuck.com/ACS/Kernals/VisionKernel_v1.1.zip
More mirrors coming soon!

v1.0
Direct:
http://k0nane.info/rom/VisionKernel_v1.0.zip

Other:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tihrnrjm6cm177u
http://www.sharebeast.com/7egv5a83g9ab

*Source*
Github

Donations are never required, but always welcome :)

Last edited:

Art2Fly

Aug 11, 2010
Alright, I'm swapping the twilight zone kernal for this. Thanks for an amazing job once again.

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
Great job Thomas. I'm one of those who can't push the processor past 1.2g. Despite that I have had the privilege of testing pretty much all of the Twilight kernels courtasey of Tanimn as well as the Vision kernel. Both are great kernels, and run smooth on my Epic as long as I don't push it to the highest clock. Never had a reboot or lock up pushing my phone with these kernels. Once gain thanks Thomas, I know how much time and energy you go into this kernel and it shows!

Reactions: only1penny

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Great job Thomas. I'm one of those who can't push the processor past 1.2g. Despite that I have had the privilege of testing pretty much all of the Twilight kernels courtasey of Tanimn as well as the Vision kernel. Both are great kernels, and run smooth on my Epic as long as I don't push it to the highest clock. Never had a reboot or lock up pushing my phone with these kernels. Once gain thanks Thomas, I know how much time and energy you go into this kernel and it shows!

You the man dreams, much appreciated my friend thank you!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

epic4GEE

Nov 22, 2010
I'll try this in a few days, assuming my phone can handle 1.3 jigga hurtz first. Sure sounds good tho, thanks, I'll report back in a few days.

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
Ran a quadrant at 1.4 ghz running ViperROM Trinity
Clocked a 1765 with this kernel

Clocked a 1724 with Genocide 0.5a at 1.2 ghz. Not too much difference there. Any thoughts? Still testing battery life with this one as that's a hugs issue for me.

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
Ran a quadrant at 1.4 ghz running ViperROM Trinity
Clocked a 1765 with this kernel

Clocked a 1724 with Genocide 0.5a at 1.2 ghz. Not too much difference there. Any thoughts? Still testing battery life with this one as that's a hugs issue for me.

Also you will get higher scores when you get off that old ass rom with old files and source. So like 4 months ago. Smartbench is good

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
How are you suppose to test stability of oc for your phone in setcpu? I ran the stress test at 1.3ghz with no errors was there other tests to confirm stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VisionKernel v1.2
    Designed for SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0

Disclaimer
    I nor any member of INC is responsible for anything that happens to your phone when using this kernel. It has been tested on mine and a few others phones to be working, but I cannot guarantee that it will work on yours. All CPU's are different, and each one takes to overclocking in different ways. That being said, don't be surprised if your phone locks up at 1.4ghz or 1.45ghz. Just set the clock down to a lower speed and it won't do it anymore; all this means is that your phone can't handle it.
    Also, 1.45ghz is set at 1.400v and 1.4ghz is set at 1.375v which is definitely above the recommended voltage for the phone. This doesn't mean it will burn up your processor as they are very robust when it comes to heat dissipation, but just keep in mind that you are pushing the processor past its designed limit.

This is my first kernel release, although I have been compiling my own custom kernels since DI18. Took me a while to get the overclocking stable, a big thanks goes to tanimn and Rodderik for helping with getting 1.3ghz stable. Also, without tanimn none of this would really be possible. He has guided me through this process a lot, and I am especially thankful to him. You the man tanimn ;-)

1.45ghz is here, I cannot guarantee that it will work even at all on your phone. This is as high as I will go, no further.
    • Linpack: 19.84mflops
    • Quadrant: 2414

Changelog
    *=Thanks!

v1.0
    • Overclocked to 1.3ghz and 1.4ghz @ 1.375v (steps are as follows)
      100mhz, 200mhz, 400mhz, 600mhz, 800mhz, 1.0ghz, 1.3ghz, 1.4ghz
    • Added 600mhz step for better transitions *tanimn
    • Voodoo Sound v6 *tanimn and supercurio
    • Voodoo Color (mDNIe tweaks) *supercurio
    • FPS cap raised to 65fps for the time being, hoping to get that number higher *Rodderik
    • Everything else that is contained in Twilight Zone, minus the addition of voodoo color and 1.4ghz.

v1.1
    • Revert the refresh rate (framerate cap) to 56fps. People having problems with video choppiness, this should fix your issue. This is only temporary; as soon as someone can figure out a proper way to raise the framerate cap I will re-implement it.
    • Update to Voodoo Sound driver v7

v1.2
    • Add 1.45ghz (It's not 100% stable, use at your own risk.)
    • Add 1.2ghz step
    • Added BFQ disk scheduler
    • Implemented interactive CPU governor (use at your own risk, needs tweaking)
    • Smartass governor (still a WIP)
    • Add TinyRCU courtesy of tanimn
    • lowmemorykiller atomic notifier fixes
    • UV RAM and LCD; 2.7v and 1.65v respectively
    • UV_mV sysfs controls as well as frequency_voltage_table for use with Voltage Control and Pimp my CPU *Rodderik
    • New voltage/frequency tables thanks to Rodderik!

v1.3
    • Battery life improvement tweaks
    • BFQ by default
    • New frequencies
    • More...

How-to Video:
    Thanks to qbking77 for making this excellent flashing tutorial! This will show you exactly how to get the kernel running on your phone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7hqewGoWk

*Downloads*
    v1.2
    Direct:
    Temporarily removed.

v1.1
    Direct:
    www.holylivingfuck.com/ACS/Kernals/VisionKernel_v1.1.zip
    More mirrors coming soon!

v1.0
    Direct:
    http://k0nane.info/rom/VisionKernel_v1.0.zip

Other:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tihrnrjm6cm177u
    http://www.sharebeast.com/7egv5a83g9ab

*Source*
    Github

Donations are never required, but always welcome :)
    Come on guys quit blaming the developers. I bricked my phone from bonsai and I don't blame them one bit. Stay stock if you don't like it. Then u don't have to worry. Its not that acs doesn't like it if something is wrong with their software. If they did they wouldn't be looking into it lime they are. Why would they pull it. I've had no lockups running at 1.45 since it came out. My phone runs it just fine. Out of all the people that flashed this kernel there are what three bricks? That honestly isn't a high percentage. All I'm saying is thetmre is a disclaimer in the op. Don't blame them. They do this for free. Thanks all and good luck with your phones. I hope it all works out for you.

Sent From My Evo Killer!
    Well what SINNN doesn't seem to realize is I'm good friends with theimpaler747 and have been working with him for some time now. At the first sign of offense, I could have him warned if not banned for his obscene and direct flaming. Tread carefully my friend, we don't take kindly to trolls 'round these parts.

That being said, I'm still working on it, qbking77 can vouch for that. The thread title is WIP for a reason, I'm working on it. When it's released it will be finished, until then hang tight. I do appreciate you all in here for sticking up for me and the kernel, it's nice to pop in and read a few pages of users defending the work I do from ungrateful nay-sayers (sic).

SINNN, I'm a nice person. It takes me a lot to get truly angry and upset at someone, especially over the internet. You want the kernel, build what I have so far from source. If you can't, then wait. I do this for fun and not to be first or ahead of anyone, so the time it takes is devoted to doing it RIGHT.

Think twice before you post in my thread again, obviously your comments aren't welcome by me or anyone else in here. However, if you come in here expecting to get a rise out of me then you are gravely mistaken. I don't know you; I don't care to know you. Please keep your useless opinions to yourself or go dump them somewhere else.

Now, back to the task at hand. Governors are being worked on as we speak, with the stock ones being first priority and then interactive and smartass second. If they are fit for release by the time I'm ready to put 1.3 out, then they will most certainly be in there. The thing that is taking the most time is the initramfs as DRockstar is constantly improving it to make sure reboot recovery is functional on all kernels. A huge thanks goes to him for his outstanding work on his Clean Kernel, from which I'll be using the initramfs. Just an update for you guys so you're not totally in the blind. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions/comments.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
    OK everyone, I'm back to work and actually getting somewhere lol. This time everything is redone with some cool additions and a few things removed, mostly with an emphasis on battery life rather than performance. Expect some good stuff to come shortly :)
    Grow up children.

Thread closed per op request.