Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Overclocking with setcpu...

118 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By kannonball2290, Senior Member on 31st August 2010, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What are some good profiles for my captivate with the 1.2ghz kernel and setcpu?? Thanks in advance..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

8th September 2010, 11:05 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bumpageeee
8th September 2010, 11:44 AM |#3  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 303

Donate to Me
More
Made this post in another subforum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=721156
8th September 2010, 07:11 PM |#4  

More
Whatever you do don't use "power save"

Phone won't wake in that mode.

8th September 2010, 09:14 PM |#5  
Flag Quad Cities, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 371

More
I just set it as 100-1200 interactive. Then set a profile when the screens off 100-600 conservative.
9th September 2010, 05:48 AM |#6  

More
As long as the profile is set from 200mhz - (200-1200mhz) the phone won't shut off and you won't have to remove the battery I had this issue on my phone....

9th September 2010, 06:26 AM |#7  
Flag Quad Cities, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garebear0506

As long as the profile is set from 200mhz - (200-1200mhz) the phone won't shut off and you won't have to remove the battery I had this issue on my phone....

That's because you had it set on "ondemand" I had the same exact issue for a long time before I figured out that was the problem. It has something to do with the kernel doesn't support it right with setcpu or something. I read it somewhere on this forum. I've had it set at 100 min for the last 3-4 weeks and it's never not turned on (as long as it ISN'T set for ondemand).
11th September 2010, 01:39 AM |#8  

More
I'll bump this thread to ask a question.

Around the time I installed SetCPU, I noticed a HUGE drop in battery life. To be honest, I'm not sure if SetCPU is the problem, or if I changed something else on the phone and that's the source of my problem. Anyone know anything that I could have changed unknowingly that caused my battery life to suck so hard.
11th September 2010, 07:09 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 680

More
Don't use set cpu if you can avoid it. Sre sets you to 1.2 ghz and unhelpful supplies a script if you are comfortable doing that.

Limiting speed with set cpu had little positive influence. As long as the scalling is working the cpu should idle with the screen off any how. The only situation I would change the clock is during an overheat condition but I'm running without set cpu all together.

If I'm interpreting unhelpful right the next kernel will make use of user space in set cpu and allow many new things including under voltage to save battery and the creation of custom clocks not written into the kernel so you aren't bound to his preferences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
17th March 2012, 08:22 PM |#10  
Flag Stockton, Califorina
Thanks Meter: 91

Donate to Me
More
Where /How
Quote:
Originally Posted by garebear0506

Where can you do that at? Is that where you make your own cpu speeds?
18th March 2012, 04:52 AM |#11  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 347

More
Use NSTools in any ICS ROM with Icy Glitch kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDONE

Where can you do that at? Is that where you make your own cpu speeds?

The Following User Says Thank You to bravomail For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bravomail Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)