*Guide* Root CDMA VZW Galaxy Tab Using [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Guide* Root CDMA VZW Galaxy Tab Using [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard boot into recovery by holding volume up while powering on then choose install update.zip

If already on 2.3.5 or a Gingerbread build skip this and go to step 1. if you are running ECO2 or DJ11 to check on your tab go to settings then about device and check the build number the new 2.3.5 apps will not update right and might cause issues just use the above zip to update and then root

1. Download Heimdall Suite

2. You must have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed

3. Download the [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla rom all credit goes to dsb9938
    or
    [ROM][CDMA/VZW][GB 2.3.5 EI04+TW4+OC]Galaxy Cubed 3[Full Rebuild 11.21.11] all credit goes to dsb9938

4. Extract all the files downloaded

5. Reboot tab while holding volume down and plug into your pc

6. Open heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32 folder

7. Open the Drivers folder and run zadig

8. In the zadig application click options then list all devices and in the drop bar choose your tab then click install

9. After the driver is installed successfully open heimdall-frontend

10. place all the files from the stock rom in the correct locations
    FactoryFS = factoryfs.rfs
    Kernel (zImage) = zImages
    Param.lfs = param.lfs
    Cache = cache.rfs
    Database Data = dbdata.rfs
    Recovery = recovery.bin

11. Click Start

12. Immediately after completion you must boot into recovery by holding volume up on reboot

13. Once in recovery mode wipe data/factory and wipe cache partition

14. Reboot when done wiping and your done!

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard

Here is a link to view more work my dsb9938
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2963256
    I have rooted my galaxy tab with the help of your noob root guide, i appreciate it man!!
    thanks for posting this, im sure it'll help me once i get my tab.

i guess i can safely assume the same steps apply for other roms, just using those specific files instead.

cant wait to give this a try. :)
    thanks

so much thanks!

works like a charm
    A litlle involved but simple none-the-less.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App