ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

Search This thread

decky006

Mar 14, 2013
Emsworth
Volume up down not working after rom flash

Make sure you did Wipe/Factory Reset, including Dalvik & Cache, if not things might behave strangely

regards

THanks. I had used cwm 5.5.. to flash, so I installed v 6.0.2.7 and as part of that reset cache and dalvik. Now have working volume buttons. Big thank you for this rom release.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Now I have aosp beta14 running great, will I see any benefit flashing A1 v1.8.4 kernel?

Madness_logic

Oct 1, 2012
Repair Charge Bug

I recently install the CM10 in my tab but when i try to charge the tablet off , they only reset and reset , never stay in the charging icon , how can i fix that?

pescorilo

May 25, 2012
The fact that the charging icon is not full is a bug, if you plug the tablet again it will show full. Try cm10.1, it's really good.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using xda premium

Madness_logic

Oct 1, 2012
The fact that the charging icon is not full is a bug, if you plug the tablet again it will show full. Try cm10.1, it's really good.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using xda premium

but cm10.1 will work on my tablet because i have the tab 8.9 i957 (AT&T LTE) and the cm10.1 only works in the p7300/7100 isn't? and the problem of the battery isn'd the icon , it's the state , i plug the charger and the tablet on , but after the battery icon , resets , and do the same always

ncolida

Hey there,

Does anybody know if there's a method available to root the Galaxy Tab 8.9 lte from Rogers in Canada? The model number is SGH-I957R. I tried with one of the methods on her for SGH-I957 but the tablet would boot up after so I had to flash it back to the Rogers stock. I've tried to read through the threads to see if the answer is already out there but I couldn't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

msquared

Apr 7, 2012
Milan
Hey guys just got in my hands a GT-P7320 Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE, so the question is :will al the procedures I found here (root, cwm, kernel etc etc) work on my tab?
I think I'll lose my 4G support only but want a confirm before flashing...

Cheers

M^2 from mobile

Robodashy

Dec 16, 2012
Brisbane
www.robodashy.com
Hey guys just got in my hands a GT-P7320 Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE, so the question is :will al the procedures I found here (root, cwm, kernel etc etc) work on my tab?
I think I'll lose my 4G support only but want a confirm before flashing...

Cheers

M^2 from mobile

Hi msquared,

I've been using Arlic's ICHI ROM found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923371 and it seems to be working ok. It's very stock standard and has a lot of bloatware, but other than that it seems to be ok.

Root and CWM work fine following the procedures listed, but as for Kernels and other ROMs/ APKs etc etc ... tryer beware.

I'm probably going to test out the CM10 stable release, and I really want to see if I can get GSM voice calls going through this thing via bluetooth.
As with everything, try at your own risk, but as long as you don't hard brick then there's always another day :p

Reactions: msquared

knipso

May 5, 2011
please help its so urgent

hey everybody !
this is my problem :
my tab was under honycomb and i tried to update it to ics from setting but it tell me cant update because of server error
so, i try odin i download the frimeware from sammobile "ics orange" but it stay on "hidden file" for long time "60min" so i unplug the cable and i retry from the begining several times in one try hidden files are loaded i belive that it works but whene it come to apps it loops there for long times i unplug the cable and when i reboot the tab it show me "firmeware problem" i try to enter to recovery mode and it show me like if it under ics and it block in the middel and it reboot now my tab is not recognized by odin and i have the access to download mode;
thanks for your help

Marson

Jan 13, 2009
Is there a way to root SGH i957 running ICS ? I could not find one to work anywhere.
Thank you for pointing my in the right direction.

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Could someone please zip up the lib Directory or just Mali related drivers? Going to try to port them over to the gt-i9300 as supposedly they are updated versions.

Edit: from any deodexed 4.1.2 based rom

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

heliosue

Jan 29, 2011
Southern California
Canadian Rogers --- root

Hey there,

Does anybody know if there's a method available to root the Galaxy Tab 8.9 lte from Rogers in Canada? The model number is SGH-I957R. I tried with one of the methods on her for SGH-I957 but the tablet would boot up after so I had to flash it back to the Rogers stock. I've tried to read through the threads to see if the answer is already out there but I couldn't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried the Danno #2 rom which comes rooted? It was very simple to install - just follow directions carefully.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1913718

pirx73

Feb 12, 2013
Adazi
Does anyone know what has happened with official ICS rollout? Since march - 3 countries, barely half of world covered, still waiting for ICS :confused:

dodiii

May 9, 2013
Hi .... I'm trying to install a rom on my device ( GT-P7300) but all the roms give me error message .... Asses failed .... And something about p5 and P7300

Sent from my GT-P7300 using xda app-developers app

hunbemylover

May 11, 2013
Hello everyone, i'm new in this forum. I do not know anything about android before, but i'm gonna buying a galaxy tab I957 8.9 ATT 4G from Ebay. I'm just wonder if any way to be able to makes call and receive sms/mms from this tablet? I've searched through the forum, because i have no idea about android so my question is still unclear. I'm currently using an iphone 5 ATT, so if this tablet could be make/receive phone calls, sms, can i switch my sim card from ip5 to this one? I'm really want to experience with android that i never had before. So can anybody help me out?

kulanavhiea

Oct 7, 2012
Hello, is there anybody here can make PDroid be able to install and work in our beloved 8.9 P7300 running stock ics?

bartass127

Jul 5, 2010
Poznan
I'm asking the devs!
Is there any way to cook the CM10 for P7320 tabs ? :)
I know its not so popular, but i dont think its a hard job

scytheslayer

Dec 10, 2012
root samsung galaxy tab 8.9 gt p7300 (no memory card slot) version

Until we Get a Forum for the 8.9 can you use this Thread
Thanks Guys
A :)

hello every one i would like to ask if this method really works or if someone had already tried and tested it.. plss help any one... :confused:

my device is samsung galaxy tab 8.9, the one that dont have the sd card slot/feature, i was just confused because of the rooting instructions wherein you have to "copy to sd card/install zip from sd card" on steps 6 and 7...

any help would be very much appreciated..
how can i post the link? from where i saw the instructions that got me confused and would like if any one has tried and tested it....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Until we Get a Forum for the 8.9 can you use this Thread
    Thanks Guys
    A :)
    what android version is on your 8.9? Reviews say it comes with 3.2 preloaded but mine has 3.1 and when i check for updates it says there are none.

It should be 3.1 .. exactly like Tab 10.1
    I flash the KI1 rom for my Orange branded rom galaxy tab 8.9, and I can rooted her and I have no yellow triangle like GS2.

So I think you can flash !

And I keep my IMEI. ;)

Yes it is a no wipe rom.
    there is no moisture problem,couse there is another Display! The Brightnes is a bit Lower than 10.1 it´s Time to develop a litle bit:)
    As requested...

Ok, I will say what I did and how but please note there's no turning back if you make a mistake as there is no American ODIN image (as of today on samfirmware.com) to return the tablet to its original state. That said, I'm not responsible for damages of any kind on your Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Root Instructions: HERE (also look at the second post for manual entry to the default Samsung Recovery)

- After rooting, I acquired Titanium Backup on the Market to delete Samsung bloat. There's lots of tutorials for Titanium Backup on the net, but be careful when deleting stuff, you've been warned. If you don't know what is X or Y program, google it or don't touch it. If you delete something you don't have an idea what it is, you run the risk of soft-bricking your Tab, once more, you've been warned.

- For accelerating shutdown/boot time a little, I used Root Explorer (to backup/copy or delete stuff tap on Mount R/W on the upper side of the app AND PLEASE BACKUP THE FILES/FOLDERS I'M ABOUT TO MENTION in case you want the boot/shutdown animations and tunes back). On /etc folder you see a music file named 1_Power_on.ogg and that's the tune you hear while the phone's booting.

Then on /system/media you see two files named bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg and yes those are logically the two files responsible for the spacey boot animation. On /system/media/video you see a shutdown folder and logically this is related to the shutdown animation. Before deleting files, I backed up said files (just tapped Copy and pasted them in another location) in case I wanted to restore them later on by putting them where they belong.