Charging issue

Search This thread

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
My phone has begun draining rapidly. When it is plugged in, while booted up but screen off, it gets very hot and doesn't charge. If I turn it off, it will charge. Could this be Rom or kernel related or is something wrong with my phone or battery?

Sent from my GT-p511x

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Best way to tell would of course be to flash back to Stock firmware and see how it does.
That is what i would do. And i would flash the Android 4.1.2 Stock i777ucMD8.
U could also get Root after Stock and install the BetterBatteryStats app to help ya see what is using ur battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I tried to flash cooked but it wouldn't boot. I know it was a good download because I'd flashed it before. It also won't boot AOCP 7. In addition two nandroid backups failed to restore. Strangely, by flashing partitions separately I was able to get CM11 to restore even though it said system failed. I'm confused and frustrated right now. I'm going to flash RenderBroken's nightly tomorrow and see if I still have problems.

Btw, bbs hasn't been working for me either. It's been giving me weird numbers that don't make sense like 19 hours since boot when it's been around 2.

I wonder if it's just time for me to get an S4...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

pepe100

Sep 1, 2013
I tried to flash cooked but it wouldn't boot. I know it was a good download because I'd flashed it before. It also won't boot AOCP 7. In addition two nandroid backups failed to restore. Strangely, by flashing partitions separately I was able to get CM11 to restore even though it said system failed. I'm confused and frustrated right now. I'm going to flash RenderBroken's nightly tomorrow and see if I still have problems.

Btw, bbs hasn't been working for me either. It's been giving me weird numbers that don't make sense like 19 hours since boot when it's been around 2.

Do not give up the s2 i777 is a great phone try to solve problems and be happy with your device.

Reactions: sharonbw
Dec 17, 2013
Oklahoma City
What ROM were you using before? this happened to me after coming back from Kit-Kat. Id recommend flashing a CM-10.2 nightly. It could just be the battery. Maybe even the charger port! Id flash a new ROM first though.

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I am on CM11. I wiped my phone but ended up just reinstalling the nandroid I had made so am still on CM11. Interestingly, the problem is not happening today. I believe it may have been a rogue app or process. I'm hoping the phone/battery is still good because I'm broke! Lol

Sent from my GT-p511x

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best way to tell would of course be to flash back to Stock firmware and see how it does.
    That is what i would do. And i would flash the Android 4.1.2 Stock i777ucMD8.
    U could also get Root after Stock and install the BetterBatteryStats app to help ya see what is using ur battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Do not give up the s2 i777 is a great phone try to solve problems and be happy with your device.

I am on CM11. I wiped my phone but ended up just reinstalling the nandroid I had made so am still on CM11. Interestingly, the problem is not happening today. I believe it may have been a rogue app or process. I'm hoping the phone/battery is still good because I'm broke! Lol

Sent from my GT-p511x