Search This thread

wushugene

Aug 12, 2010
Hi, I just switched from aospFroyo - just flashed the 3/15 build. I can't seem to download any apps from the market. What can I do to fix this?

aosp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
I just reflashed without wiping and turned off all rotation and it still rotates. Driving me crazy ill have to go back to 3/10

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

Code:
adb push [URL="http://bit.ly/fPKQiz"]Launcher2.apk[/URL] system/apps/Launcher2.apk

Last edited:

rvturnage

Dec 7, 2010
Hi, I just switched from aospFroyo - just flashed the 3/15 build. I can't seem to download any apps from the market. What can I do to fix this?

In the OP, where it says "READ ME" in big giant letters...read it. ;)
I'm not using FR but when I installed the 3/8 & tried the 3/10 build i STILL had problems with market not downloading, even after trying that fix on the 0307 gapps. I had a copy of the 20110120 gapps (gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip) that I'd downloaded previously, and used that instead. It fixed my problems for me.

wushugene: Maybe someone can give you a link to that one to try. If not, I'd be happy to do so when i get home from work in an hour or so.

808Bill

Nov 4, 2010
Kailua, Hawaii
I'm not using FR but when I installed the 3/8 & tried the 3/10 build i STILL had problems with market not downloading, even after trying that fix on the 0307 gapps. I had a copy of the 20110120 gapps (gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip) that I'd downloaded previously, and used that instead. It fixed my problems for me.

wushugene: Maybe someone can give you a link to that one to try. If not, I'd be happy to do so when i get home from work in an hour or so.

I never throw anything away. ;)

Attachments

• gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 20

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Reactions: rvturnage

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
On my lock screen next to the battery it says "sim card is locked" what happend when hold power it don't give me the option to boot into recovery. But I can open terminal and type "su" and it gets supper users.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
Thanks aosp. Sorry to sound like a winer but drives me crazy when my screen rotates. All else is superb on this rom. Anyone using s0be's. Kernal on this? Which #?

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
On my lock screen next to the battery it says "sim card is locked" what happend when hold power it don't give me the option to boot into recovery. But I can open terminal and type "su" and it gets supper users.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

did you flash a build prop? the only place I know of you could get a SIM card error is on the build prop where it says blablahbla.simcard=false, go in there and look, does yours say you have one?

Thanks aosp. Sorry to sound like a winer but drives me crazy when my screen rotates. All else is superb on this rom. Anyone using s0be's. Kernal on this? Which #?

mine's locked, no rotate, flashed over 3/10

jtboyz01

Oct 28, 2010
I tried jasonmaloney fix for the black screens and I typed in the command in terminal emulator without the first three letters which are escaping me right now. But it brought back access denied and then I tried it with sudo in the front but that didn't make a difference it was the same thing. If someone could feel me in I would appreciate it thanks.

jasonmaloney

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2010
Lafayette, LA
www.masterjason.com
I tried jasonmaloney fix for the black screens and I typed in the command in terminal emulator without the first three letters which are escaping me right now. But it brought back access denied and then I tried it with sudo in the front but that didn't make a difference it was the same thing. If someone could feel me in I would appreciate it thanks.

Code:
su
echo "debug.sf.hw=0" >> /data/local.prop

wushugene

Aug 12, 2010

rvturnage

Dec 7, 2010
Flashed 3/14 over my 3/8 install, and so far it's running great! None of the issues I had with 3/10.

Thanks again aosp! Nice rom!

Neo31697

Apr 22, 2010
Illinois
I just had the slow down lock up thing but I love the rom going to do a fresh install that's what helped before

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
op updated with hybrid remix you will notice that its lighter cause the path towards vanilla is closer i'am working on it that's all for now enjoy ;)
Sweet! I love the pure Google experience. Is it possible that you can keep both versions aospCM7 and aosp. Sometimes I like all the options in CM7 but at the same time like the aosp speed.

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
This is already overall much smoother and faster than CM6 is. I wonder how much faster a AOSP version, hmm.

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
Yeah im using launcher pro and rotation not a problem. I love this rom. Im going to try s0be's kernel next see how that works with this build!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)