FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Unlock T-Mobile Dell Streak 7

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ccannan, Junior Member on 4th September 2011, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone had any luck unlocking the T-Mobile Dell Streak 7?

If so please tell me/us how to do it.

Thanks.

Yes, I've read all the other threads about this subject, so I am aware of the various pay for service web sites, Rebel Sim II, etc....

5th September 2011, 06:35 AM |#2  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,051

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccannan

Has anyone had any luck unlocking the T-Mobile Dell Streak 7?

If so please tell me/us how to do it.

Thanks.

Yes, I've read all the other threads about this subject, so I am aware of the various pay for service web sites, Rebel Sim II, etc....

Well if you read them you would know you only have two choices...

First call Dell and or TMobile and see if they'll be nice enough to give you the code

Secondly pay the $80 for the code

Those are your only 2 options
5th September 2011, 06:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I really worked well.
http://www.unlock-network.com/unlocking-Dell.php

only $56.99

A me funsiono bien.
6th September 2011, 01:04 AM |#4  
Flag Warren Indiana
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
http://www.wirelessunlocking.com 8.99

Success: Step Two

Your details have been successfully submitted and our system shows your Dell can be unlocked immediately.

Your IMEI: #################
6th September 2011, 01:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
unlocking
i contacted tmobile and told them i was going out of the country on business and needed an unlock to be able to drop diffent sim due to cost. With in one day they sent an email with the unlock
16th September 2011, 03:11 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Actually, there are four options.

1. Send email to [email protected] with IMEI number which for me yielded a big fat:

Dear Customer,

The below device is a retail piece. Please contact carrier with proof of payment in order to procure the code also do let the carriers know that the below device is a retail piece.

Mobility Unlock code Team

2. Call T-Mobile and plead your case, which yielded me heartburn.

3. Use a 3rd party chip/service and pay money.

4. Call Dell's mobility team toll free number (can be found on this forum or on Dell.com) and plead your case, which yielded me a code.
17th September 2011, 05:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickleasa

http://www.wirelessunlocking.com 8.99

Success: Step Two

Your details have been successfully submitted and our system shows your Dell can be unlocked immediately.

Your IMEI: #################

Tried that unlocker, waited 24 hours, got this:

Dear Customer

Thank you for you recent order. Please find your updated order details below.

Unlock Status:

We have been unable to obtain an unlock code for your phone using the imei number supplied. Although this model is generally un-lockable, there are instances where codes cannot be generated. This is due to unique phone variables and cannot be predicted in our preliminary report.
18th September 2011, 04:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I called Dell and waited for day. They gave me unlock code on the phone within 5 minutes. No sweat. Make sure you're still with TMO before unlocking. That's it.
29th September 2011, 07:37 PM |#9  
Flag McDonald

More
I've finally got my Dell Streak 7 Unlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, after three long frustrating months of head aces, and many many hours on the phone chewing out T-mobile and Dell, fist off id like to say if you buy a Dell streak 7 and want it unlock PLEASE PLEASE buy it from Dell- NOT T-mobile, this will save you and the reps at T-mobile lots of time, anyhow here is what i had to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After getting my Dell Streak 7, i ran Gingerbreak.apk, great root tool, rooting in a few clicks right from Tablet.... then i started to call around about the Sim Unlock code......only to find out the if you bought it stright threw Dell they would unlock in in less then 24 hours.......but if you bought it threw Tmobile OMG your in for a treat......

I had to sign up for a pre-paid plane, plane had to be active for two months, after which you had to have $10 dollar credit on your account, about 40 bucks what i had in it total not to to bad, when there are places asking about 60-90 bucks to unlock it, but could have dealt with not having to call Tmoble every day to find all this out in the first month, so now a month in trying to get the code im on my way closer to unlocking it.. i wait my 60 more days with the proper limitations that they said to have the tablet unlock ( account for 60 days and $10 on account)......... when my 60 days was up i was calling right back to get the unlock code.......

This was my trouble for three day about 4 hours each day on the phone with T-mobile, T-mobile was saying that Dell has the Code, and Dell was saying T-mobile does, well we all know that T-mobile has it!! its a SIM Lock its there SIM wtf....... so so so mad......grrrrrr... days of this...... i called and called and called demanding the Code, Saying someone put it on there i want it off !!!!

If not your taking this Tablet back and im buying one from dell, they even came to a point trying to tell me that it cant be *unlock* that they dont have the software to unlock it, that i would have to buy a internal tablet, i was like wtf...... thats a bunch of BULL SH*T......

so i called again.......... most the responces back are threw emails saying something ( some kid of excuse ) on why they wont give you your unlock code...... so fillany getting Dell and T-mobile to do a conferance call and each of them saying they had the code to each other, and me causing one big azz stink.... saying they either taking the Tmobile tab back and sending a unlocked dell not stamped with the t-mobile logo, or im calling a Lawyer yes i say it..........Lawyer ;-p

and Bam

my unlock Code was sent in less then 24 hours in the 6th email with my code....... the 5 email before were some excuse why they woulnt give me my code......

if you have T-mobile i feel for you, they have the worst customer support ever.......

all but one Girl that i got, her name was Kris, she helped out alot in the end........

thank you bunches

Kris.........

so if you have account with them for 60 and its prepaid, you can get it unlocked

ive even GingerBroke (rooted it) with Gingerbreak.apk

and ive NVFlashed android 3.2 on to it as well, running 3G from T-mobile.... guess the 3.2 doesn't have 4G yet on the ROM but all works g..... rumor has it its Dells coming out with 3.2 update Oct.7th so we will see, im not getting my panties in a bunch though.....
runs great i love the 3.2 on it, it runs so much better

however i have Boost Mobile, and i threw my Boost SIM in it and it was for the unlock code, put that in it was good, it unlock, then i ran the code on the Sim threw the settings and it was good, got me into the PUK code which at the time i didnt have and it locked up my boost sim

but now i have the boost sim unlock and still nothing working on the tablet.......

soon to try out a rebel sim and see if that works or maybe even go with ATT gophone plan....... 50 buck unlimited..... and it will work on ATT

if anyone has any questions about the DELL STREAK 7 and needs some help hit me up i would be glade to share what i have learned in the past few months..........
20th December 2011, 03:37 PM |#10  
Flag San Fransisco East Bay

More
I purchased multiple SIMs through T-Mobile (whiile trouble shooting). How can I find out if the last SIM is locked (or not)?

If I am willing to buy a new SIM from AT&T ($12) do I care if I have an unlock code?
20th December 2011, 04:05 PM |#11  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,051

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakNuBee

I purchased multiple SIMs through T-Mobile (whiile trouble shooting). How can I find out if the last SIM is locked (or not)?

If I am willing to buy a new SIM from AT&T ($12) do I care if I have an unlock code?

Did you not read thr posts above? The.SIM is not locked the Streak is. Pay your money or call Dell and get a code.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)