By EwanG, Senior Member on 26th December 2011, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th July 2013, 10:24 PM |#81  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquiG

Thanks so much for all your help! Is it appropriate here to as if there's a ROM you might recommend I flash? I've been wading through them and admit I'm having difficulty making any sense of all the posts.

Thanks
Jacqueline

If you want everything working, go with HoneyStreak although I've never tried it myself.

8th July 2013, 04:47 AM |#82  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been doing some more research/troublehsooting and wondering if I should maybe try StreakMod Recovery instead of CWM as detailed in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

There's a link to troubleshooting the stock recovery overwriting your custom recovery that I thought might be helpful but I'm having trouble loading it and google searches aren't turning up much.

What do you think - go after StreakMod for now, won't do any harm? or try to fix (assuming it's the problem) stock recovery overwriting or should I be able to launch into CWM from fastboot to install SuperUser7. I've been doing some research as well to see if maybe there are another series of keypresses I can use but haven't found much yet either.

I looked at HoneyStreak and not sure if I want to go there yet. And with the problem I'm having now I would have concerns the flash wouldn't finish thru and I'd end up bricked.

Thanks. I'm still stuck
Jacqueline
8th July 2013, 02:00 PM |#83  
Warren, MI

More
Quote:

I've been doing some more research/troublehsooting and wondering if I should maybe try StreakMod Recovery instead of CWM as detailed in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

There's a link to troubleshooting the stock recovery overwriting your custom recovery that I thought might be helpful but I'm having trouble loading it and google searches aren't turning up much.

What do you think - go after StreakMod for now, won't do any harm? or try to fix (assuming it's the problem) stock recovery overwriting or should I be able to launch into CWM from fastboot to install SuperUser7. I've been doing some research as well to see if maybe there are another series of keypresses I can use but haven't found much yet either.

I looked at HoneyStreak and not sure if I want to go there yet. And with the problem I'm having now I would have concerns the flash wouldn't finish thru and I'd end up bricked.

Thanks. I'm still stuck
Jacqueline

I use TWRP on both my devices and prefer it. I used CWM for a short time. I've haven't used many different ROMS on either device.

Everybody seems to run into issues with any device. Anything you try other than stock, you run a risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to wptski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wptski Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 06:52 PM |#84  
Flag Victoria, BC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

I use TWRP on both my devices and prefer it. I used CWM for a short time. I've haven't used many different ROMS on either device.

Everybody seems to run into issues with any device. Anything you try other than stock, you run a risk.

I was able to nvflash HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2) by DJ_Steve Don't know if my issues with recovery and fastboot are resolved and will investigate those, but I'm happy to be back up to 3.2. If it helps anyone else here's the link to the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1088225
9th July 2013, 07:07 PM |#85  
Warren, MI

More
Quote:

I was able to nvflash HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2) by DJ_Steve Don't know if my issues with recovery and fastboot are resolved and will investigate those, but I'm happy to be back up to 3.2. If it helps anyone else here's the link to the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1088225

Most if not all customs ROMs come rooted. Not sure if you knew that?
9th July 2013, 07:13 PM |#86  
Flag Victoria, BC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

Most if not all customs ROMs come rooted. Not sure if you knew that?

I did yes, thank you for your help. I had DJ_Steve's build on my DS5 too. I"m just trying to extend the life w/o going out and buying a new tablet
11th July 2013, 05:42 PM |#87  

More
Tablet Support Starting fastboot USB download protocol
Quote:

I did yes, thank you for your help. I had DJ_Steve's build on my DS5 too. I"m just trying to extend the life w/o going out and buying a new tablet :victory:

I am very new to the community of rooting and am completely lost. A friend of mine gave me this dell streak 7 because someone gave it to him and he was never able to get it to work. It came with It stuck at "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol" If someone would possibly explain how I might go about fixing this and using it with it's maximum potential I would appreciate it very much. Now although I am very tech savvy I don't have the slightest clue about rooting or loading custom roms so I will have to be talked to like a child until I get comfortable. As of now I have connected the streak to my computer but have yet to have it recognized. That's pretty much as far as I have gotten. I do have a 16gb SD card as well if it needs to be used in the process somehow.

Thanks for all everyone's time and help

here is a link for dropbox picture of what the error looks like

dropbox.com/s/yqc8s4ndybqrwnr/2013-02-25%2009.08.52.jpg
11th July 2013, 07:28 PM |#88  
Flag Victoria, BC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancellot

I am very new to the community of rooting and am completely lost. A friend of mine gave me this dell streak 7 because someone gave it to him and he was never able to get it to work. It came with It stuck at "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol" If someone would possibly explain how I might go about fixing this and using it with it's maximum potential I would appreciate it very much. Now although I am very tech savvy I don't have the slightest clue about rooting or loading custom roms so I will have to be talked to like a child until I get comfortable. As of now I have connected the streak to my computer but have yet to have it recognized. That's pretty much as far as I have gotten. I do have a 16gb SD card as well if it needs to be used in the process somehow.

Thanks for all everyone's time and help

here is a link for dropbox picture of what the error looks like

dropbox.com/s/yqc8s4ndybqrwnr/2013-02-25%2009.08.52.jpg

Hi lancellott,

I think our problems are quite different so the steps I took I don't think will help you. The process I used is suggested more as a last resort and the preferred methods of recovering your device are to use fastboot with ADB and stock recovery processes.

If you search the forums there are lots of resources detailing how to recover with fastboot and information on how to set your computer up to recognize your device. The Dell Streak Forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=968) have some good stickies at the top where you might want to start.

It sounds like you may not have the ADB drivers you need installed the on your computer to recognize your device. If you start with a search for that, you'll find lots of posts detailing exactly what you need and how to install and use it.

I'm fairly new to the forums so don't know of any quick links I could refer you to directly. The more experienced members are very helpful and have created some great posts with all the information you should need.

Good luck!
Jacqui
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, root, streak 7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)