FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,956

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2014, 02:22 PM |#5131  
Thanks Meter: 1,035

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

But... The .nomedia file convention is for, well, media applications. Image viewers, video or music players, etc. MiXplorer is a file manager, and with root capabilities, so it makes sense it can see everything. Can you explain better what the problem is for you ?

For example, I have .nomedia at the very root of my storage so that Android and any third-party media-capable application stay out of it ( no indexing, no searching, no thumbnails, no nothing, stay away ), but I want obviously my file manager to be able to see any and every file.

Same here. And for the content://external/image|audio|video bookmarks, it looks like MiXplorer DOES respect .nomedia, since it probably loads these bookmarks' contents from the Android library. I could be wrong, but at least for me there are no files in either of those bookmarks as long as I put a .nomedia in /sdcard, which is fine for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ltGuillaume For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ltGuillaume Ad-Free

19th June 2014, 04:20 PM |#5132  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltGuillaume

Same here. And for the content://external/image|audio|video bookmarks, it looks like MiXplorer DOES respect .nomedia, since it probably loads these bookmarks' contents from the Android library. I could be wrong, but at least for me there are no files in either of those bookmarks as long as I put a .nomedia in /sdcard, which is fine for me.

if if choose "Video" (from bookmarks) i can see all files even in folder with .nomedia files (just create a folder on your ext sd card, place some vids and create the .nomedia)

for sure i need to see these video from folder, but i dont' want to see these from bookmarks

thanks again

BHH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buzzqw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buzzqw Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 04:21 PM |#5133  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 2,642

More
After clean inst v 06182 all works, almost everything

I only can´t copy Files from root/data/data/com.android.systemui/files/ ( quickrecord Files from Quickrecord Toggle.) to int or ext SD Card.

With other Rootbrowser like ..... it works without problems.

But Mixplorer is a great Explorer similar Directory Opus, for PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to HorstiG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HorstiG Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 04:27 PM |#5134  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wechy77

If you want an easy to use logcat app than give a try to Logcat Xtreme. You can filter for only one app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513166 @HootanParsa Sorry but I don't have time to update Hungarian translation in the next few days. My son was born at saturday, and family comes first.

Great suggestion, that logcat application is really good.

Congratulations, AND thanks too, it's good to read something like that in such a self-absorbed forum as this, puts priorities in place ! Wishing you and your family good health.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 04:32 PM |#5135  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,401

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw

if if choose "Video" (from bookmarks) i can see all files even in folder with .nomedia files (just create a folder on your ext sd card, place some vids and create the .nomedia)

for sure i need to see these video from folder, but i dont' want to see these from bookmarks

thanks again

BHH

Um, but I do. I want my file manager to manage my files...filtered onbookmark or not. Nomedia is for other programs to hide them..not file managers. IMO so if this is to be changed it need an optional switch.

Free TBO Updater App

Fix Gmail

My KlearKat Nexus 7 sent this using tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 04:33 PM |#5136  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,100

More
Quote:

Do all the FTP servers you added end up on top, or just the last one you added...

Yes, I only have two FTP bookmarks right now, and both move to top. Doesn't matter the order I make or add the bookmark, or where I put them... I just leave them on top, I've no problem with that anyway, but it's funny. Anything else stays where I put it, USB, SD card, root system, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 04:59 PM |#5137  
Thanks Meter: 1,035

More
Well for me, some SMB share did the same, and after I reset the bookmarks, I managed to put all but one item in my preferred order (that one isn't on top by the way), but yeah, some strange stuff indeed :P

One more idea by the way: all the passwords and tokens of online services are saved in plain text inside of the sqlite database right now. You might want to encrypt them in some kind of simple way just to prevent others from finding out the passwords just that little bit too easily. You could just use some unique identifier of the device as a symmetrical key, that would do just nicely.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote:

thanks again

BHH

Well that's inconsistent with what I see here, with a .nomedia file inside /sdcard.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ltGuillaume For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ltGuillaume Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 05:10 PM |#5138  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Okay, so I have been testing, even resetting preferences and with two devices. No problem with any bookmarks.

But, FTP always goes on top. Always, no matter where I put it and what I do. No idea why it only happens with FTP servers !

Edit : this is not a problem for me and I'm not complaining. I posted before just in case it was helpful...

Open the exported settings in a json editor and try to sort them manually (Objects with pid=8), then save and import it.
It seems it cannot save new positions in db. that's a simple sql query and there is no problem in my system at all.
Only with FTP servers? not even a new cloud storage? are you sure?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:33 PM |#5139  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Well for me, some SMB share did the same, and after I reset the bookmarks, I managed to put all but one item in my preferred order (that one isn't on top by the way), but yeah, some strange stuff indeed :P

I'll look into it again.
Quote:

One more idea by the way: all the passwords and tokens of online services are saved in plain text inside of the sqlite database right now. You might want to encrypt them in some kind of simple way just to prevent others from finding out the passwords just that little bit too easily. You could just use some unique identifier of the device as a symmetrical key, that would do just nicely.

Sure, I will.
Thank you so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:53 PM |#5140  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

thanks again

BHH

Android media-scanner is an annoying feature and works different and buggy in different roms, it doesn't even recognize some important formats and I don't have full control on it, I just tried to get all possible formats with some tricks. So no, it doesn't respect .nomedia in some of Android versions.
Thank you.
19th June 2014, 05:59 PM |#5141  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstiG

After clean inst v 06182 all works, almost everything

I only can´t copy Files from root/data/data/com.android.systemui/files/ ( quickrecord Files from Quickrecord Toggle.) to int or ext SD Card.

With other Rootbrowser like ..... it works without problems.

But Mixplorer is a great Explorer similar Directory Opus, for PC.

- You mean there is no problem with scrolling in /data folder anymore?
- What if you select the related app from User/System apps list >> make a Backup task >> run it in your sdcard directory? Does it work?
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)