FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Can any one help me to restore my XT907 back to stock JB 4.1.2 from the stock kitkat 4.4.2 update?
My current System version is: 183.46.10.XT907.Veryzon.en.US
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: SM_BP_101031.042.32.86P
Kernal Version: 3.4.42-g5170b6b
dbbuild@ca88Inxdroid25 #1
Fri May 2 00:30:06 PDT 2014
Build Number: KDA20.62-10.1
Build Date: Fri May 2 00:20:25 PDT 2014

Please help me.. Thanks in advance...
21st May 2014, 02:09 PM |#2  
Leraeniesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 985
 
Donate to Me
More
Wouldn't recommend you try it on a locked bootloader.
Those that are unlocked shouldn't have any issues.
21st May 2014, 03:57 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Technically, with a locked bootloader, if Fastboot will allow you to downgrade, then it should be possible.
You'd have to boot into Fastboot, then run the command:

fastboot flash system system.img

Where system.img is the 4.1.2 image file extracted from the fxz file. If it won't let you do this, then downgrade isn't possible. It will likely say failed flash and you'll have to flash something to kick the phone out of fastboot like logo.img.

You could also try RSDLite and try to flash the 4.1.2 fxz, but I doubt that will work because bootloader and such are not downgradeable and it will likely fail.
22nd May 2014, 08:54 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat

Technically, with a locked bootloader, if Fastboot will allow you to downgrade, then it should be possible.
You'd have to boot into Fastboot, then run the command:

fastboot flash system system.img

Where system.img is the 4.1.2 image file extracted from the fxz file. If it won't let you do this, then downgrade isn't possible. It will likely say failed flash and you'll have to flash something to kick the phone out of fastboot like logo.img.

You could also try RSDLite and try to flash the 4.1.2 fxz, but I doubt that will work because bootloader and such are not downgradeable and it will likely fail.


Thanks for ur reply..
My bootloader is locked. I want to try downgrade to stock 4.1.2. Can u please send me the link to download stock 4.1.2 img and exact steps to downgrade?

Thnaks so much in advance..
22nd May 2014, 03:25 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulsforu

Thanks for ur reply..
My bootloader is locked. I want to try downgrade to stock 4.1.2. Can u please send me the link to download stock 4.1.2 img and exact steps to downgrade?

Thnaks so much in advance..

You can get them here:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8
You can extract the original system.img from the archive as well as logo.img in case the phone doesn't allow you to flash system.img, you can use logo.img to kick the phone out of Fastboot. You will need to install Motorola ADB drivers on your computer in advance, and also need a fastboot.exe file which I think you can find via Google, but if you have ever rooted your phone in the past, usually that also came with fastboot.

Anyway, get into fastboot mode by turning off the phone, then holding down all 3 buttons. Use vol- to select Fastboot and vol+ to choose it. Phone should boot into fastboot.

Connect to PC and issue command:
fastboot flash system system.img

If it works, the phone should be downgraded. If it says flash failed, then downgrade isn't possible. In that case, if the phone is stuck in fastboot mode and can't be rebooted, issue this command to get out of fastboot.
fastboot flash logo logo.img

That should let it reboot as normal.

I actually doubt it's possible to downgrade, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't say for sure.
23rd May 2014, 07:07 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat

You can get them here:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8
You can extract the original system.img from the archive as well as logo.img in case the phone doesn't allow you to flash system.img, you can use logo.img to kick the phone out of Fastboot. You will need to install Motorola ADB drivers on your computer in advance, and also need a fastboot.exe file which I think you can find via Google, but if you have ever rooted your phone in the past, usually that also came with fastboot.

Anyway, get into fastboot mode by turning off the phone, then holding down all 3 buttons. Use vol- to select Fastboot and vol+ to choose it. Phone should boot into fastboot.

Connect to PC and issue command:
fastboot flash system system.img

If it works, the phone should be downgraded. If it says flash failed, then downgrade isn't possible. In that case, if the phone is stuck in fastboot mode and can't be rebooted, issue this command to get out of fastboot.
fastboot flash logo logo.img

That should let it reboot as normal.

I actually doubt it's possible to downgrade, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't say for sure.


Thank u so much my friend, I need to clear that I m using this phone in India with Reliance CDMA network. If downgrade will succeed then will it in verizon locked condition or it will remain unlocked for global use? Also I need to add that I have never unlocked my bootloader or rooted my phone.
26th May 2014, 03:19 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat

You can get them here:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8
You can extract the original system.img from the archive as well as logo.img in case the phone doesn't allow you to flash system.img, you can use logo.img to kick the phone out of Fastboot. You will need to install Motorola ADB drivers on your computer in advance, and also need a fastboot.exe file which I think you can find via Google, but if you have ever rooted your phone in the past, usually that also came with fastboot.

Anyway, get into fastboot mode by turning off the phone, then holding down all 3 buttons. Use vol- to select Fastboot and vol+ to choose it. Phone should boot into fastboot.

Connect to PC and issue command:
fastboot flash system system.img

If it works, the phone should be downgraded. If it says flash failed, then downgrade isn't possible. In that case, if the phone is stuck in fastboot mode and can't be rebooted, issue this command to get out of fastboot.
fastboot flash logo logo.img

That should let it reboot as normal.

I actually doubt it's possible to downgrade, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't say for sure.

I'm also on official KK with locked bootloader, Can i flash kk modified system.img via this method ?
26th July 2014, 04:24 AM |#8  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
ATTACK released a few boot logos to get rid of the unlocked message here it has the stock red M also with a flashable zip option...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th November 2014, 03:23 AM |#9  
toroloco73's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
But now how can i root and remove bootlader message?

Inviato dal mio XT1052 utilizzando Tapatalk
10th November 2014, 01:27 AM |#10  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 582
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toroloco73

But now how can i root and remove bootlader message?

Inviato dal mio XT1052 utilizzando Tapatalk

Since you flashed back, I would assume your boot loader is unlocked? Since you're unlocked, root is as simple as flashing SU in an aftermarket recovery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes