How to REMOVE Sprint Hands Free Activation Setup!!!

Search This thread

pitbull8265

Dec 3, 2013
through much trial and error, I am now "Activation Screen" Free.

Here is a list of what to do:

Download "root uninstaller" from Play store..(the version you need shows an Android Icon)

Use it to remove ALL Sprint related processes/APK's

Reboot your phone

This worked on mine, hope it works on yours.

Mine is rooted, s-off, TWRP flashed, and Custom "Bad Boys" Rom

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania

Download "root uninstaller" from Play store..(the version you need shows an Android Icon)

Reboot your phone

All you need to do is delete "htcsetupwizard.apk" in system apps folder. If you don't want to wait until the setup wizard lets you into the system follow these directions.
1. Boot into recovery
2. Mount system
3. Use file manager to get to system/apps and delete "htcsetupwizard.apk"
4. Unmount system
5. Wipe dalvic
6. Reboot to system
7. Pick your butt and sniff your finger.
On second thought you can skip step 7 if you want to but that's entirely up to you.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

blablabla1269

Oct 19, 2010
I am not able to get past the activation screen after I flash a ROM. Tell me what to do. Also OP could you please provide me with a list of files that need to be deleted?

I had it hanging on activation after installing BadBoyz kitkat rom. I installed the newest Radio from Dec. rebooted, and didn't get hands free activation again at all.

Reactions: lovelybia2

v1ral

Oct 24, 2010
HTC One (m7)
HTC Droid Incredible
All you need to do is delete "htcsetupwizard.apk" in system apps folder. If you don't want to wait until the setup wizard lets you into the system follow these directions.
1. Boot into recovery
2. Mount system
4. Unmount system
5. Wipe dalvic
6. Reboot to system
On second thought you can skip step 7 if you want to but that's entirely up to you.

I've tried this, but still does work, any way to get rid of this annoying thing?

Rooted Stock 4.4

Edit: A few questions to ask.
I am able to bypass HFA, but I had to delete the .apks associated with what ever makes it happen.
When I install a ROM I always encounter HFA*makes me not want to install others, since I set-up the ones I use now so I don't encounter it*.
Are devs just implenting this cause of it's sprint branding, I understand why they would ,but crap is annoying.
Anyways, I'm reluctant to remove it, but it gets quite annoying when installing a rom it so happens to rear it's ugly head.

Last edited:

vermy

Mar 6, 2011
I've tried this, but still does work, any way to get rid of this annoying thing?

Rooted Stock 4.4

I am able to bypass HFA, but I had to delete the .apks associated with what ever makes it happen.

Which apks did you delete/rename to disable it? I have been renaming quite a few with no luck. Are there more than one app that can run HFA?

Edit: Found the answer... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50392144&postcount=2287

Last edited:

pitbull8265

Dec 3, 2013
Activation disable

If you use Rom Toolbox or any other rooted App Manager App, just remove Setup Wizard, and Self Service

Reactions: rizkhan999
Apr 16, 2013
1. Boot into recovery
2. Mount system
4. Unmount system
5. Wipe dalvic
6. Reboot to system

Hi Robert, this problem strikes me recently. I just purchased a HTC 10 Sprint outside of the States (Vietnam to be exact), unlocked bootloader, S-off, install latest twrp, and finally flashed ICE 3.6.0 on it.

Everything run smoothly until I got to the 1st setup process, after choosing language, there is HFA and my phone could not activate and I stuck there forever.

I lets it run 5 times, didn't do the trick. I tried to delete htcsetupwizard.apk as you said but could not find it either. I googled around and ppl tell me to delete HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk but it still did not do the trick.

I tried to flash ROM several times again (the same one) with different Magisk & SuperSU but still same sh!t.

Could you please help out?

rizkhan999

Jul 19, 2017
Islamabad
Hi Robert, this problem strikes me recently. I just purchased a HTC 10 Sprint outside of the States (Vietnam to be exact), unlocked bootloader, S-off, install latest twrp, and finally flashed ICE 3.6.0 on it.

Everything run smoothly until I got to the 1st setup process, after choosing language, there is HFA and my phone could not activate and I stuck there forever.

I lets it run 5 times, didn't do the trick. I tried to delete htcsetupwizard.apk as you said but could not find it either. I googled around and ppl tell me to delete HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk but it still did not do the trick.

I tried to flash ROM several times again (the same one) with different Magisk & SuperSU but still same sh!t.

Could you please help out?

Root your phone. Install any decent root app remover from play store. Search in its system apps for the keyword "sprint". And see what happens after removing them.

The problem is that HTC has put this service with different names on different models. So the same name may not be applicable for every model. So finally its a hit and trial.:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reboot your phone

1. Boot into recovery
    2. Mount system
    4. Unmount system
    5. Wipe dalvic
    6. Reboot to system

Reboot your phone

Rooted Stock 4.4

Which apks did you delete/rename to disable it? I have been renaming quite a few with no luck. Are there more than one app that can run HFA?

Edit: Found the answer... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50392144&postcount=2287
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Mount system
    4. Unmount system
    5. Wipe dalvic
    6. Reboot to system

Rooted Stock 4.4

When I install a ROM I always encounter HFA*makes me not want to install others, since I set-up the ones I use now so I don't encounter it*.
    Are devs just implenting this cause of it's sprint branding, I understand why they would ,but crap is annoying.
    Anyways, I'm reluctant to remove it, but it gets quite annoying when installing a rom it so happens to rear it's ugly head.
    LOL

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk