[MOD] Tablet/Hybrid UI Mode [CM9][ALPHA6+]

Search This thread

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
Can you tell me another way rom toolbox don't work for me
Sorry mate, that's the method I use, what's not working for you with that app? What happens where it doesn't work?
I know there are other apps that can adjust your DPI, I must am not familiar with any others, maybe someone else that changes their DPI with another method can advise.. but if you open the play store, just search for "DPI" and see what comes up.. any build.prop editor should work too..
did anybody try to flash this over beta 1 yet?
Yes, tabUI mod works for beta1 perfectly fine..
Will there be a CM10 version?
Sent from my CM10 SPH-D710 using xda premium
No need for a tabUI mod for CM10/JB. CM10 and JB are already capable of tab mode. JB is for phones and tablets, so the functionality is already baked I to JB.. no need to flash any mod.. just adjust your DPI to your preferred setting and enjoy ;)

sj

Sent from my E4GT on CM10 9/7 nightly using Tap@Talk Pro 2.2.8

Last edited:

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
Paranoid Android? lol

find paranoid android annoying just because i just cant set the dpi and everything conforms to the dpi, like this mod allows me to do. you have to go into paranoid settings and set it per app, which is fine if you dont have many apps, but that isnt the case for me.

And i understand that people have been saying that with cm10 all you have to do is set the dpi and everything works fine, which isnt the case for me. i like my phone at 160 dpi, but when i set it on cm10 the lockscreen is uncentered and many apps arent formatted correctly, while 128 dpi works fine. but then again, i may just be picky. this mod was perfect on cm9

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
find paranoid android annoying just because i just cant set the dpi and everything conforms to the dpi, like this mod allows me to do. you have to go into paranoid settings and set it per app, which is fine if you dont have many apps, but that isnt the case for me.

And i understand that people have been saying that with cm10 all you have to do is set the dpi and everything works fine, which isnt the case for me. i like my phone at 160 dpi, but when i set it on cm10 the lockscreen is uncentered and many apps arent formatted correctly, while 128 dpi works fine. but then again, i may just be picky. this mod was perfect on cm9

I thought you can set it to tabUI for global changes and then you can set it to hybrid, and then change per app..

Is that not how the latest is set up? Ref this post:
sj

(Sorry for the off topic post)

Last edited:

kleen3r

Nov 8, 2009

Have you tried PA 2.1?
View attachment 1312513

Last edited:

bykim5

Dec 26, 2011
Sorry mate, that's the method I use, what's not working for you with that app? What happens where it doesn't work?
I know there are other apps that can adjust your DPI, I must am not familiar with any others, maybe someone else that changes their DPI with another method can advise.. but if you open the play store, just search for "DPI" and see what comes up.. any build.prop editor should work too..

Yes, tabUI mod works for beta1 perfectly fine..

No need for a tabUI mod for CM10/JB. CM10 and JB are already capable of tab mode. JB is for phones and tablets, so the functionality is already baked I to JB.. no need to flash any mod.. just adjust your DPI to your preferred setting and enjoy ;)

sj

Yes, but how do I get the tablet like status bar below?

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
Yes, but how do I get the tablet like status bar below?

If you are talking about on CM10, then I think the build by phantomphreak doesn't have that bit of code included yet..

CM9 has it if I remember correctly.. but there are 2 other JB builds that for sure have the nav bar on the bottom like you reference ;)

I personally like it too, but have really liked the way pPhreak's build runs on ,y phone.. I know if I want to use that navbar, I can flash other builds.. but CM10-9/24 is running great!

sj

Sent from my E4GT on CM10 - 9/24 Nightly using Tap@Talk Pro 2.3.1

Last edited:

donrocko77

Sep 14, 2012
Largo, Fl
What are you looking for exactly? I'll help if I can.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Jesus should have read the date on that..lol.. a little to eager to help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb push services.jar /system/framework
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file
    All thanks go to im0rtalz so make sure you thank him! This is confirmed working on Alpha6 and 7/01 nightly. Any other nightly from here on may or may not work since new code is being added with each build. Do not take your CM9 problems into the dev thread or general discussion thread after flashing this mod. You have replaced chunks of code in the builds they provide so you are no longer running stock CM9!
    Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb push services.jar /system/framework
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file
    I only tested this on a clean install of m6 from chris41g build. I believe it should work on timesinfinity also. If you would like to try it please make a backup first.

wipe cache/dalvik cache
    install zip here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/TabletUI_AOKP_M6.zip

Rom Control enable navigation bar, but do not reset yet
    General UI settings set dpi to 128 then reboot.

fyi at your own risk and I probably won't be around to answer many questions pretty much how my cm9 one I posted.

Good luck and if anything breaks so sorry, restore your backup.

Edit Please keep all issues and questions here since if you are using this mod you are no longer using stock aokp so please do not clutter his dev thread same rules applies also to the cm9 mod.
    guys, AOKP was just updated to build 34... will this mod work with that or do i really have to kick back to 33?

For AOKP TabletUI mods please check my main thread for updates..
    OK guys, it has been brought to my attention that aokp is no longer, at this current time, a tablet UI capable rom. Apparently the AOKP team has changed a lot of their code and in the process has broken tabletUI functionality. So it appears it wasn't just me. Now, its possible a more experienced dev might be capable of figuring it out for AOKP but I just don't think the demand is high enough. In the meantime I will try to get things squared away for other aosp roms. I'll be back after work this afternoon to report my findings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA