Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Boot loop, No recovery. help needed :(

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mickey909, Junior Member on 24th May 2014, 11:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi guys, ill try and keep it as brief as poss.

Phone was rooted working fine, dropped the phone and cracked the screen so sent for repair. Repair shop returned it back to stock :/
Left phone stock and working fine for a couple of months, accidentally let phone fully discharge and think it damaged the battery. Bought a new battery but the phone just boot loops. Can get into Hboot but when i choose recovery it just starts boot looping again. In a panic i flashed a 3.33 firmware but made no difference. Can someone give me a step by step how to sort? thanks!!

Phone says :
-firmware- 3.33-
pyramid pvt ship s-off rl
hboot 1.27.1100
emmc-boot

Im guessing its also locked because when i do the oem lock in command prompt its saying device is locked. cheers all.

24th May 2014, 12:45 PM |#2  
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey909

hi guys, ill try and keep it as brief as poss.

Phone was rooted working fine, dropped the phone and cracked the screen so sent for repair. Repair shop returned it back to stock :/
Left phone stock and working fine for a couple of months, accidentally let phone fully discharge and think it damaged the battery. Bought a new battery but the phone just boot loops. Can get into Hboot but when i choose recovery it just starts boot looping again. In a panic i flashed a 3.33 firmware but made no difference. Can someone give me a step by step how to sort? thanks!!

Phone says :
-firmware- 3.33-
pyramid pvt ship s-off rl
hboot 1.27.1100
emmc-boot

Im guessing its also locked because when i do the oem lock in command prompt its saying device is locked. cheers all.

did you try to reflash recovery to see if will work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mile_zdr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mile_zdr Ad-Free
24th May 2014, 01:23 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr

did you try to reflash recovery to see if will work?

If i connect fastboot-usb and use the command prompt to flash a recovery i get (error-partition doesnt exist!!)

Can i put any recovery on the sd card and somehow load it without using the recovery option?
24th May 2014, 02:50 PM |#4  
Flag Bitola

More
Quote:

If i connect fastboot-usb and use the command prompt to flash a recovery i get (error-partition doesnt exist!!)

Can i put any recovery on the sd card and somehow load it without using the recovery option?

what command do you use?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mile_zdr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mile_zdr Ad-Free
24th May 2014, 04:01 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

what command do you use?

fastboot flash zip recovery.zip
24th May 2014, 04:10 PM |#6  
Flag Bitola

More
Quote:

fastboot flash zip recovery.zip

why dont you try with recovery.img extract it from zip and use this command fasboot flash recovery recovery.img
24th May 2014, 05:09 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

why dont you try with recovery.img extract it from zip and use this command fasboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks mile_zdr. My Bad. Looks like it wrote ok (writing "recovery" ... OKAY) when i reboot and choose recovery option it still boot loops. :/ maybe im flashing the wrong recovery? Should any sensation recovery work?

Edit : Just flashed the sensation clockwork mod recovery successfully but still getting the boot loop when i hit recovery in the boot loader.
24th May 2014, 05:24 PM |#8  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,452

More
Quote:

Thanks mile_zdr. My Bad. Looks like it wrote ok (writing "recovery" ... OKAY) when i reboot and choose recovery option it still boot loops. :/ maybe im flashing the wrong recovery? Should any sensation recovery work?

Edit : Just flashed the sensation clockwork mod recovery successfully but still getting the boot loop when i hit recovery in the boot loader.

i think your only option now is to flash a ruu.exe
then try again with recovery
24th May 2014, 05:46 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

i think your only option now is to flash a ruu.exe
then try again with recovery

Thanks rzr86, could you give me more info please? do i just put the ruu in the same tools folder and flash the same as the recovery?
24th May 2014, 06:07 PM |#10  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,452

More
Quote:

Thanks rzr86, could you give me more info please? do i just put the ruu in the same tools folder and flash the same as the recovery?

no in that way
read here for more info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1672425
24th May 2014, 06:21 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

no in that way
read here for more info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1672425

Thank you so much guys, think im beggining to understand it now. I have 1 more massive favour. Im struggling to find the right ruu for my phone, can someone point me in the right direction please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)