[3.0.x KERNELS] [ARC] 3.0.8-nAa-03 [6/5/2013] - Unified kernel + CWM Recovery

Search This thread

MarioJerkovic

Jul 12, 2012
Zagreb
I dont agree, i thik that 3.0.8. kernel is ment to bee on ICS and the 3.4.0. kernel is for JB but this is just me and i would love to have this kernel on my ICS rom :)

cbd dvd

May 15, 2012
Barcelona
v3 works on 4.2.2?
fix batery drain?
and reboots?
siiiiiiiii, a los calcetines les llamo fundas de los pies!

Last edited:

Fumas

Jul 14, 2012
Redmi Note 8
First impression of v03:
it's really better than v02, colors normal, brightness normal, no more battery drain from Android Operative System

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda app-developers app

gabimx

Oct 26, 2011
ive tested it on MIUI V5, and it does not work.
all the interface is FC imidiatly. we need the 3.4 kernel for this, dont try it on V5 MIUI.

gengi

Jan 9, 2011
I´m using it with Slim Bean 4.0.
Link2sd works good.
Camera ok photo and video.
Games working good.
Wi fi ok.
No problems till the moment. Was using Lupus kernel before, just flashed this and just wipe cache and dalvik.

tuaa11

Aug 25, 2009
HaNoi
battery good. 1-2% overnight (7h) with set airplane and slim bean 4.0
still smooth and fast response/not lag when set min cpu speed at 122MHz/smartassH3

seem the best kernel is here

Last edited:

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville
ROM: Stock FXP CM10.0

Plus:
- Fluid UI
- Very little lag
- Battery life seems to be on par with other kernels
- ALS is now working in this release.

Minus:
- Offline charging does NOT work
- LED notification lights speeds cannot be configured (always fast blinking no matter what setting you select)
- random reboots (have had 2 in the last 4 hours. One during reading an email and the other during a call)
- Boot Logo is still messed up
- I seem to get a few seconds (about 3-4 sec.) pause between Boot Logo and bootanimation. Just a blank screen. Then it starts booting.

Overall a huge improvement over release 02. Cannot wait to see 04!

Last edited:

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
The so-called "offline" charging is working fine for me, no problems at all.

- Everything has been working fine with 03, besides the LED notifications, as already mentioned by another user. The CM settings just don't stick, due to something.
- Kernel logo is a minor, you only see that when you are powering on the phone, so...
- Panorama mode doesn't work yet, but that's another minor (the panoramas look crappy anyway...)
- Problems with the on-demand governor have been solved, apparently, but I'm gonna stick with SmartAssV2 and row, as these have been giving me a battery life of 2 days with 4 hours screen on time, which are amazing for me
- Cameras are working fine, BT is working normally, Wi-fi, GPS, compass, accelerometer, and everything else is still working perfectly
- Haven't tested FM, I just don't use it.

Thanks again for this, this kernel is a never-going-back to 2.6, the performance is incomparable.

nobodyAtall

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
Malaysia, Cheras
The so-called "offline" charging is working fine for me, no problems at all.

- Everything has been working fine with 03, besides the LED notifications, as already mentioned by another user. The CM settings just don't stick, due to something.
- Kernel logo is a minor, you only see that when you are powering on the phone, so...
- Panorama mode doesn't work yet, but that's another minor (the panoramas look crappy anyway...)
- Problems with the on-demand governor have been solved, apparently, but I'm gonna stick with SmartAssV2 and row, as these have been giving me a battery life of 2 days with 4 hours screen on time, which are amazing for me
- Cameras are working fine, BT is working normally, Wi-fi, GPS, compass, accelerometer, and everything else is still working perfectly
- Haven't tested FM, I just don't use it.

Thanks again for this, this kernel is a never-going-back to 2.6, the performance is incomparable.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. It really helps for devices that are not physically available to me.
One think to point out is that panorama is not a matter of kernel, rather than a matter of ROM/libcamera. New kernels are stuck with the 2.6.32 camera drivers until (if ever) new libcamera is available.
Regarding bootlogo: does CWM show up correctly and withou the issues of the animated bootlogo?

Thanks,
-- nAa

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
Thanks for the detailed feedback. It really helps for devices that are not physically available to me.
One think to point out is that panorama is not a matter of kernel, rather than a matter of ROM/libcamera. New kernels are stuck with the 2.6.32 camera drivers until (if ever) new libcamera is available.
Regarding bootlogo: does CWM show up correctly and withou the issues of the animated bootlogo?

Thanks,
-- nAa

Yes, CWM works flawlessly, both through the Reboot Menu and using the Volume keys (I'm never sure if it's UP or DOWN, so I just press both interchangeably), when the phone is booting up. No issues with the screen. Your logo appears at first at the back of CWM, but after any operation (wipes, showing logs, whatever), the kernel logo is replaced with the green android.

If you need any further and more detailed feedback, let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Thanks again for everything, this kernel gave a new life to this device.

cbd dvd

May 15, 2012
Barcelona
nAa can you make a version of v3 kernel for cm 10.1?

siiiiiiiii, a los calcetines les llamo fundas de los pies!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Preface:
    • This is a custom 3.0.8 kernel developed for Android Jellybean 4.x and build for multiple Sony 2011 devices
    • It is based on CAF kernel and is kept as clean as possible while maintaining working hardware
    • Other Android versions are also bootable, but are not widely tested

Features:
    • Pure CAF 3.0.8 kernel
    • Full hardware support ;)

Defaults:
    • IO scheduler: ROW

Requirements:
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Fastboot

Install:
    • Backup
    • Download the kernel file for your device from the list that follows and flash it:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot flash boot
      fastboot reboot​
    • Now you should be seeing the coolest kernel boot animation

Downloads:

anzu

Uninstall:
    • Flash back to stock using SUS or flash another kernel

Notes:
    TODO

Sources:
    • The linux kernel is GPL'ed, everyone who does modifications should make them publicly available.
    • I accept patches any way possible. Basically I only read pms if they contain some suggestion or patch ;) Credits go to the author obviously

https://github.com/nobodyAtall/msm7x30-3.0.x-nAa

Donate:
    If you are enjoying my work please consider donating:
    Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time on this device.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this Kernel bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!
    Changelog:

jb_chocolate:
    TODO

ics_chocolate:

3.0.8-nAa-03 (6/5/03) @0f00b041b19c0b4a1eb
    - Rebased on ics_chocolate branch
    - Devices: smultron, coconut, haida, hallon, iyokan, mango, urushi, anzu, satsuma
    - anzu: not undervolting display
    - Increased pmem for hdpi devices
    - leds: hardcode max_current
    - leds: regrant users access to leds' real safe max current
    - anzu: fix ALS
    - cpufreq: ondemand and interactive governor fixes
    - msm7x30: overclocking implementation - performance is greatly improved

3.0.8-nAa-02 (28/4/03) @566249c116bbb
    - Devices: smultron, coconut, haida, hallon, iyokan, mango, urushi, anzu

3.0.8-nAa-01 (23/4/03)
    - Test build for 3.0.8 for community feedback
    - Devices: smultron, coconut, haida

Full feature changelog:
    https://github.com/nobodyAtall/msm7x30-3.0.x-nAa/commits/ics_chocolate-nAa-master
    3.0.8 kernel test for stock

heres the 3.0.8. kernel for stock ICS thanks to nAa and Tkymgr.. put together by TheGreatSega!!

im having issues with the WiFi as i do not understand the ramdisk properly... but if nAa can help me with that.. i can fix that and then video recording,

please test it and tell me what you think!!

http://d-h.st/z8Q
    Hi

Sorry I have not tried to record I just saw that this was the setting for 720p, but for reason using the device for my job i must returned to ICS rom.

Tnx to nobodyAtall for the great job: Good:

720p is not supported on any device. It much wasted ram wihout much gain.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app